Holdren has to sit out season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holdren has to sit out season

I almost hate to bring this up as we have really moved on, however we had a thread going about if Steve had to sit out and here is the answer:

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...7626390216.txt

Illini basketball begin a new era

By Mark Tupper

CHAMPAIGN -- I know from reading my e-mails and blog responses that for some Illini basketball fans, Eric Gordon's decision to attend Indiana signaled the end of the free world as we know it today.

The rest of our lives will be spent watching a rag-tag basketball team made up solely of jockey-sized slow kids wearing funny glasses.

Bruce Weber will confine his recruiting to places like Plano, Toluca and Mulberry Grove, where he has a better chance of reeling in an occasional 6-foot, honorable mention all-conference power forward.

And you thought Illini football was bad?

Well, I'm here to spread joy today, joy throughout Illini Nation, joy, hope and optimism that things aren't nearly as bleak as they appear. Life without Dee Brown and James Augustine will be different, but it won't be dismal.

We are about to embark on a fun new mission, so pack a lunch, kids, and let's go for a little player-by-player tour of the new Illini basketball roster. . . .

. . . The final sophomore is another transfer, Steve Holdren, a 6-5 forward from Champaign who will sit out this season after arriving from South Dakota State. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Holdren has to sit out season

WHO???????????????????

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I hope this transfer works out for Steve, but I have my doubts as to whether he will ever see significant playing time.

Comment

He made his choice. He most likely won't have much of a basketball career. Most that are away from the real games for a couple years, never really get it back. His choice though. To bad, so sad.

Comment

I have to say I was disappointed to hear that Steve chose to leave SDSU. He was a very good player for us. I can understand why he would like to play close to home, especially after he got hurt and couldn't play last year. I wish him nothing but success and happiness in the future. He and his family are good people. I'll be rooting for you.

I am looking forward to watching our team this year. They have a lot of very talented guys. There is no limit to what they can do if they work together and give it all they have. I believe they will do that and make us all very, very proud. Go Jacks!

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
            I have to say I was disappointed to hear that Steve chose to leave SDSU. He was a very good player for us. I can understand why he would like to play close to home, especially after he got hurt and couldn't play last year. I wish him nothing but success and happiness in the future. He and his family are good people. I'll be rooting for you.

I am looking forward to watching our team this year. They have a lot of very talented guys. There is no limit to what they can do if they work together and give it all they have. I believe they will do that and make us all very, very proud. Go Jacks!

JBNJBQ
            I agree with these remarks. I'd hope Steve went into this transfer with the understanding that his playing minutes would likely decline drastically from what he would have had at SDSU. Still, he did what he thought was best for him, and I can't argue against him going home for a chance to play for the Illini he grew up watching. I hope he gets on the court for the Illini at some point, and has success.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
            X