Best of South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best of South Dakota

We had this over in the Bison Board about North Dakota and it got people arguing about what the best athletic achievement in the state was, figured you guys could do the same with USD.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...?event_id=1454

Also, I must say congratulations on your season turnaround it's been pretty amazing what the Jacks have been able to do the last couple weeks, I can hadly wait until SDSU comes up. Hopefully a lot of your fans can come up and rock the dome. It is so important for both SDSU and NDSU that both teams can compete to make ourselves more appealing to conferences and other things in the future, because it seems that SDSU and NDSU are forever going to be tied together. And with the quality of your institution and athletics I wouldn't want it any other way.

In closing for you USD fans, Thinking that your going to walk into the Mid-Con or Gateway is a pipe dream the only thing that you guys are going to be guaranteed is the Great West. but best of luck anyways.
    "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Re: Best of South Dakota

SDSU fans, I would urge you to vote. Looks by the current polls there have been a lot of USD fans voting. They currently have the DakotaDome has the best place to watch a sporting event and Mandy Koupal as the best home grown college or pro athlete ahead of Adam Vinatieri, Jim Langer and Adam Timmerman.

Comment

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but ESPN ran this in 2005, so this is over a year old.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Didn't we do this once already about a year ago? If I recall correctly our friends at USD spent a lot of time and effort to set up an automated voting program and when ESPN came to South Dakota they didn’t even make reference to the poll because the numbers were so clearly skewed. I have not seen or heard anything about ESPN doing the 50 in 50 thing again.

Go State!

Comment

my apologies I thought they were doing this again, but after looking more into it yeah its from 2005.
          Look at all the votes its obvisiouly old
          "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

Only fans of USD(d-2) would be tacky enough to rate own of their own (who failed to even make one Elite Eight) over an Olympic gold medalist and a baseball Hall-of-Famer. let alone claim that the DakotaDumpTM is a better venue than Frost Arena.

Go_Herd, thanks for the compliments and am looking forward to the NDSU-SDSU clash in two and a half weeks!

Comment

I'm going to declare the poll bogus because it doesn't reflect positively on SDSU. Oh wait, I already did that last year. The USD supporters got us on this one. Wiley coyotes.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

All I had to see was the top-rated professional team was the Colorado Avalanche. What the hell? A Denver NHL team rated better than the Twins and Vikings? There are some serious problems with those results.

Comment

What, the ESPN poll is still up? Come on Jackrabbit Nation there is still time to overturn these results, remember, vote early and vote often.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                    I'm going to declare the poll bogus because it doesn't reflect positively on SDSU.  Oh wait, I already did that last year.  The USD supporters got us on this one.  Wiley coyotes.
                    I second that declaration! This poll is bogus!

Man law!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I must say, although an SDSU fan, that Mandy Koupal has to be the best homegrown product out of SD regardless..she represents everything we stand for..
                      Mandy holds the national high school records for career field-goal percentage and fg percentage in a season...she also led Wagner to two state championships and had an outstanding career at USD..she also won the Spirit of Su award in h.s. If she would have stayed at SDSU, there is NO doubt in my mind you all would vote for her...think of the person, not the school that they went to...I'm all for SDSU, but when it comes to South Dakota athletes, they are all that..South Dakotans

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUHuskies
                        I must say, although an SDSU fan, that Mandy Koupal has to be the best homegrown product out of SD regardless..she represents everything we stand for..
                        Mandy holds the national high school records for career field-goal percentage and fg percentage in a season...she also led Wagner to two state championships and had an outstanding career at USD..she also won the Spirit of Su award in h.s. If she would have stayed at SDSU, there is NO doubt in my mind you all would vote for her...think of the person, not the school that they went to...I'm all for SDSU, but when it comes to South Dakota athletes, they are all that..South Dakotans
                        If she had stayed at SDSU and won a National Championship, maybe . . . but I still think I would have voted for Billy Mills.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUHuskies
                          Well, I think you should put some doubt in your mind. I voted for Billy Mills. Olympic Gold during a time when the Olympics were the absolute highest competition for track and field. Then look at what Mills has done since, not only for SD, but around the world. Remember, the question was not the best of recent athlete from SD. I put Mills at the top and he didn't go to SDSU.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I mean no respect to Miss Koupal, Mr. Vinnatieri, or anyone else but what Billy Mills did is so far beyond comparison in my mind.  He shocked the world!!!

Billy Mills in a runaway, pardon the pun!  What he has done with his life after athletics is no less impressive!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X