Bump in the road for Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump in the road for Bison

They now have there own GTSNBMA (or whatever it is call). I see that the women Bison lost to Minnesota Moorhead 63 - 52. The Bison were down 63 - 45 and scored the last 7 points to avoid a double digit loss to a D-2 team (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I'm not sure what is going on with their women's basketball team, I know they have always had a really good team. I was a little disappointed in there record last year and was hoping to have a really good rivalry going with them in women's basketball too. It would also help our RPI if they had a better team and we were able to win head to head games.

Oh well, it is only exhibition. Maybe they were trying to play the freshmen and sitting some marginally injured players as a precaution. I would be interest in hearing from the Bison faithful what is going on though. Just curious.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: Bump in the road for Bison

There are some Bison fans with definite opinions. Head over to Bisonville to read some of them

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1162438043

Comment

Bison women lost to Bemidji this weekend, I think I saw that in the Yankton Paper. 70-61 or something in that range, don't have the energy to look it up right now.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This is going to be a tough season for Amy. I think she will be under a great deal of pressure if the Bison keep having average and below seasons. The Bison Fans will not have that. In some cases I think she has lost out to AJ on recruiting. I would not be surprised to find out that NDSU and SDSU have been after the same people and right now SDSU seems to be loaded with quality people, whereas NDSU has quite a few average people. The NDSU volleyball coach had a good record in D2 but after two seaons at D1 she is gone. If progress is not upward in Women's BB, I would look for a coaching change at NDSU. It might be easier to do now that like SDSU, NDSU has found a conference. I think coaching changes have been on hold, but only the AD and presidents would know.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
          This is going to be a tough season for Amy. I think she will be under a great deal of pressure if the Bison keep having average and below seasons. The Bison Fans will not have that. In some cases I think she has lost out to AJ on recruiting. I would not be surprised to find out that NDSU and SDSU have been after the same people and right now SDSU seems to be loaded with quality people, whereas NDSU has quite a few average people. The NDSU volleyball coach had a good record in D2 but after two seaons at D1 she is gone. If progress is not upward in Women's BB, I would look for a coaching change at NDSU. It might be easier to do now that like SDSU, NDSU has found a conference. I think coaching changes have been on hold, but only the AD and presidents would know.
          Best as I can tell it will be on "Amy's terms" if she leaves. Of course, that could be after a lot of pressure from a lot of people. Remember when Nancy stepped down? At least thats the impression I got at that time, I was just a kid so I might have understood things wrongly. While I was in college we had 3 head men's coaches and shortly after a successful Neiber moved out of the way for A.J. I could be understanding things differently than what is reality.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It's going to be a long season for the Bison Women. :-[

Comment

February 3rd and 23rd could be some fun games to watch ;D Maybe we will break the school record of 16 3 pointers made in a game. :P

Comment

Working...
              X