Gophers drop exhibition game to Winona State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gophers drop exhibition game to Winona State

Future opponent, so I guess this is relevant. Granted, exhibition game, but Big Ten losing anything to a DII...not acceptable.

GOPHERS BASKETBALL

Winona State 69

Gophers (exhibition) 64

Up next: vs. North Dakota State

Tenacious Warriors surprise Gophers
    Winona State, the defending NCAA Division II champion, gave Minnesota more than it could handle at Williams Arena.

read the article...http://www.startribune.com/512/story/797954.html

NDSU up next for the Gophers.  Could the Bison beat a Big 10 school in back to back years. After the football fiasco the Gophs better come prepared.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Re: Gophers drop exhibition game to Winona State

Nice win by Winona St. I know they have a good team. I always like rooting for the little guy. Except when USD is playing.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Wow. The Gopher's athletics program is in serious trouble. Football team is bad and is being outrecruited for their home grown talent. The basketball team hasn't been good since Bobby Jackson was running the point. Getting ugly for the "U".
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
        Wow.  The Gopher's athletics program is in serious trouble.  Football team is bad and is being outrecruited for their home grown talent.  The basketball team hasn't been good since Bobby Jackson was running the point.  Getting ugly for the "U".
        Well the women's basketball program is in shambles too. I lost count as to how many girls left the program at the end of last season.

The football program nearly lost to NDSU, but they got lucky, so I herd (pun intended)

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
        X