UND hires Carr Sports Associates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND hires Carr Sports Associates

Kind of interesting that after they have made the decision to move to D-I UND is now hiring Carr Sport Associates.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/arti...2af03423214770

UND to hire consultant to help D-1 progress

By Joseph Marks, Herald Staff Writer

UND's Division I Commission spoke by phone conference Wednesday evening with Carr Sports Associates, a consulting firm that will help the university plan for its proposed move to NCAA Division I athletics.

Commission members voted by e-mail Nov. 9 to recommend hiring the consulting firm, but the contract has not been finalized yet, said Bob Boyd, UND vice president for student and outreach services.

Bill Carr, who founded the Florida-based consulting firm, told commissioners he hopes to begin work in mid-December. A draft of Carr's proposal to UND states his company will complete an “NCAA Division I action plan,” outlining steps the university will take to achieve Division I status by the 2012-2013 school year.

The proposal also states the company will visit UND's campus twice to tour buildings and conduct interviews and will complete an “assessment of readiness” by March 1.

The fee listed on the draft proposal is $50,000 plus expenses, which should not exceed $9,000. It is not clear whether UND has agreed to that price.

Boyd said the process for transitioning to Division I requires an exploratory year, which UND will begin next year, plus a minimum of four more years of transition. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: UND hires Carr Sports Associates

I have mentioned this more than once, but a few years back after the Carr Report for SDSU was delievered I went to HM Briggs and spent maybe three hours copying the reserve copy so that I could study it in my own lesiure. Its a very thorough report. It has details about what is needed in all aspects of HPER. You name it and it was studied by Carr and recommendations with an estimated price tag were disclosed.

I think over on SiouxSports or maybe Bisonville a link was provided that gave the complete report that UND had prepared internally. I also downloaded and printed this report off. It was maybe 400 to 500 pages. What struck me and really amazed me about the UND internal report was it had relied so heavily on surveys. There were was no discussion about the facilities, sports scholarship at all.

I am not surprised that they now hired Carr. They did not have plan before, now they will have one.

Comment

Working...
    X