X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Duquesne basketball players shot

Yikes!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060917/...e_players_shot

PITTSBURGH - Five Duquesne basketball players were injured in a campus shooting after a dance early Sunday, and two remained hospitalized late Sunday morning.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: 5 Duquesne basketball players shot

Seems the shooters were casing the joint and were assisted by a female accomplice. Not even safe to be at a school dance, your liable to get capped. Gun control? Not about to broach that subject on any board related to SD. The old quote "people kill people" gets thrown around.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      Seems the shooters were casing the joint and were assisted by a female accomplice. Not even safe to be at a school dance, your liable to get capped. Gun control? Not about to broach that subject on any board related to SD. The old quote "people kill people" gets thrown around.
      There's that tiny little obstacle of the Second Amendment, too. Although I realize a lot of people like to look at the Bill of Rights the same way they look at the Ten Commandments -- take the ones you find convenient to heart and ignore the ones you don't like (i.e. The Ten Suggestions, on the one hand, or the Kelo Decision on the other hand).

There, now I've introduced religion, too!

And eminent domain!

Right to privacy, anyone?

And what about Scarecrow's brain? (Wizard of Oz reference via Mystery Science Theater 3000 . . . just to prove that I am in fact losing it)
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Arrests have been made and the alleged perpetrators appear to be in violation of existing gun control laws .  .  . that is the thing about criminals they tend to not be law abiding by their very nature.  So is adding more laws for them to ignore the answer?  Just having a little fun Doc, no need to answer my rhetorical question.  

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06262/723109-100.stm

2 arrested, 1 sought in Duquesne University shooting

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Police have arrested a man in connection with the shooting of five Duquesne basketball players early Sunday at a campus dance and are seeking a second man.

Brandon Baynes, 19, of Penn Hills has been identified as the man arrested overnight. He will be arraigned on charges of aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, criminal conspiracy, and illegally carrying a firearm.

Police are also seeking William Holmes, 18, of Penn Hills in connection with the crime, according Commander Thomas Stangrecki. Mr. Holmes is considered to be armed and dangerous.  .  .  .  (read more)

Go State!  

Comment

I should have added "criminals always find a way to get guns", in addition. BTW I finished cleaning my arsenal of firearms last night in preparation for opening duck (this weekend) and did a little dove hunting, very successful.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well it is not a good year for Duquesne this year. And I thought Philadelphia was the rough city in Pennsylvania.

Three members of Duquesne University's club hockey team were struck by a hit-and-run driver after an argument at a bar early Monday morning.

It is the second violent altercation involving Duquesne athletes this year. On Sept. 17, five basketball players were shot following an on-campus party.

Timothy Fish, 22, was listed in fair condition at Mercy Hospital with a compound fracture and severe cut to his left leg that required surgery, according to police and the hospital.

Mike Heath, 22, was treated at Mercy for a neck injury, cuts and abrasions, and then released. Mark Heier, also 22, refused treatment.
            http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2669386

Comment

Working...
            X