Utah Valley State Football???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Valley State Football???

Interesting talk coming from UVSC, it appears the students want football.  A commitment to add football might help them land in the Mid-Con with the rest of us (assumeing that we get in).

http://www.uvsc.edu/alumni/sequel/20...ing/ghana2.htm

" .  .  .  approximately 45 percent of those surveyed felt that UVSC basketball was the “Best Sport” on campus. Ranking second was Wolverine Women’s Volleyball – the 2005 Division I Independent Champions. And holding steady in third place was a sport not currently offered at UVSC … football. When asked for the College’s position on the issue, UVSC Spokesman Derek Hall said, “The priority for the administration is to complete the transition to NCAA Division I status and to gain membership into a conference. Football is a topic the students have brought up and have been pushing and it will likely be a conversation topic in the near future.”  .  .  . (read more)

Football at Utah Valley State would be good news for the Great West!  8-)

Go State!  

Re: Utah Valley State Football???

If they do join in football, we'll have our "Morningside" for at least five years ;D

Comment

Re: Utah Valley State Football???

http://www.netxnews.net/vnews/displa.../4571d08f90e3f

Mike Jacobsen

December 02, 2006

Football is coming

An interview with Mike Jacobsen

It is almost college football Bowl Season, and we have heard the rumblings about UVSC getting a football team for quite some time, but how far away are we from football here and how will it affect the students? We sat down with Mike Jacobsen, UVSC athletic director, and found out about the plans for football at our school.

Q: What are your thoughts on UVSC getting a football team?

A: That's a big question. I've had thoughts on that for twenty years. I think it could be the best thing for our school and for our community for us to play football-to have something for our students to go to during the fall when they initially come to school and to have something to look at on the front page of the newspaper like the rest of the school's football teams. I think that that is the only thing missing, that UVSC needs and that it needs to be here. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Working...
      X