• Show
Clear All

• USF wins NAIA football national championship

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...006/1002/rss02

23-19 over St. Francis (IN).

Congrats to the Cougars!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: USF wins NAIA football national championship

Congrats to USF; hope they decide to give D-II a look in the near future.

According to Zimmer's blog, it sounded like the game was pretty sloppy with a bunch of turnovers and other mistakes. No wonder NAIA stands for Not Actually Interesting Athletics........ : : :

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
      Congrats to USF; hope they decide to give D-II a look in the near future.

According to Zimmer's blog, it sounded like the game was pretty sloppy with a bunch of turnovers and other mistakes. No wonder NAIA stands for Not Actually Interesting Athletics........ : : :
      Ditto. The best team in SD south of Brookings.

Comment

I'm happy for USF... any team that can bring home a national title to South Dakota, I'm happy for.

And granted, it's not division one football, but these kids have just has much heart and love for the game as anyone you'll see at NDSU, SDSU, or even Ohio State.

Congratulations, Cougars! Job well done!
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Congrads to the Cougars and their championship win.

I dont know how the D3 championship game came out, but Wisconsin-Whitewater was trailing Mount Union the last I saw. Whitewater eliminated Wisconsin La Crosse in the playoffs so maybe the first loss of the season was not as bad as we first thought. We may have lost to a pretty decent WL
          team.

Comment

A few Jackrabbit connections to both of these games.

UW-Whitewater's Strength and Conditioning coach is Lee Munger, former Jackrabbit football player and Strength and Conditioning Coach (at least that is where he went when he left SDSU)

Former Jackrabbit TE/Tackle Zach Campbell has been the starting Tackle for USF for the last two seasons.

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
            X