USD Basketball Games on the Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Basketball Games on the Internet

USD will not be broadcasting their home basketball games over the internet.  This will probably hurt their attendance.  Or maybe not, because now they will probably count everyone that is logged on watching on the internet it into their attendance count. ;D

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/61215036

Re: USD Basketball Games on the Internet

Game coming up against the SCHOOL OF MINES. WOOOOOOOOOBOOOOYYYYYY, I'm already logged in waiting for that one to start! Get your spot reserved SOON.

Comment

Can't say that one is copying SDSU. When SDSU does the same thing guess who will be following who. By the way what ever happened to that TV Contract with KELO.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Actually the contract is going fine from what I understand.  As far as following you...well it kind of helps when SDPB is right at the back of the hopper you call a basketball facility.  SDSU has been working on some sort of broadcast for a long time but we just dont have the availability of using  state funded broadcast facilities since SDPB made the ungodly move to the south many years ago.

And just so you know,there was alot of SDPB employees that thought this was and still is the stupedist move made in SDPB's history.

Keep telling yourself your in our league and someday, someone might really care (I just don't think it will be anyone from this board).

Good luck little mangy doggie, your institution has a very long and winding road ahead of them.  You just keep justifing your position to us and we will just keep saying "I TOLD YOU SO".

You just don't get it do you?

Nuff Said! :-/

Comment

By the way USD is Great!

Comment

Oh, and for your next post...USD is Great!

Comment

By the way, did I tell everyone USD is Great?

Comment

USD is cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan
                  Can't say that one is copying SDSU. When SDSU does the same thing guess who will be following who. By the way what ever happened to that TV Contract with KELO.

Free streaming is great. I'd like to know a few more details, like who's paying for it (streaming is an expensive and technically-complex operation and I suspect USD is paying for the privilege... if they're not and SD taxpayers are, I'd question the propriety of that). And I'd prefer SDSU's approach to streaming... making video on the Web a revenue source rather than simply a reason for people to stay home from the games.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Wow USD is the only one, USD is the best, USD is the Greatest, USD is unbelievable, USD is South Dakota, USD is the Mecca of the Greek World, USD is the flagship, USD is untouched, USD is Superior, USD is...

I'm sorry, those bad dreams again...What is USD?

Their newest ad campaign;

Voice Over: Tom Brokaw

Untoward, Sophomoric and Degringolade.

Unhappy, can't to get along with the rest of the pack? Conceited and overconfident of knowledge but poorly informend and immature? Ready to fall to the lowest place on earth?

Visit .U, where all your dreams come true.

Comment

I wonder how much funding for the streaming will come from PBS's already-stretched budget (by the way, I am a fan of SDPB). If little or no funding is coming out of the budget, i.e. the streaming is supported by new money, then I have no complaint. If, on the other hand, its coming out of the budget in a significant amount, then I'm going to consider (I don't like this 'cuz its kinda mean but, what the heck) sending my meager SDPB donation to somewhere else...like SDSU athletics! Part of my reasoning is USD games taking time away from other programming that I'd watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
                        By the way, did I tell everyone USD is Great?
                        EXTRAORDINARY Says Tom Brokaw formerly of NBC News.  The funny part is the person who can best mimic Tom Brokaw is his understudy David Gregory.  I think we should invite David Gregory for an evening of Brokaw imitations. It would be a good fund raiser.

Comment

Too bad USD didn't utilize this resource for their DI announcement. SDSU will have internet broadcasts available in the near future. There may be a fee involved and I think that is the only way to do it. WNAX and other radio stations have contracts with SDSU, providing free internet feeds from home games may not violate those contracts be definition but its probably not in the best interest of SDSU, right now.

I don't think its a great idea for USD to provide free internet broadcasts of it home games, just not a smart business decision in my opinion.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                            Too bad USD didn't utilize this resource for their DI announcement.  SDSU will have internet broadcasts available in the near future.  There may be a fee involved and I think that is the only way to do it.  WNAX and other radio stations have contracts with SDSU, providing free internet feeds from home games may not violate those contracts be definition but its probably not in the best interest of SDSU, right now.

I don't think its a great idea for USD to provide free internet broadcasts of it home games, just not a smart business decision in my opinion.
                            usdII knows very well what value to put on their product!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                              Too bad USD didn't utilize this resource for their DI announcement.  SDSU will have internet broadcasts available in the near future.  There may be a fee involved and I think that is the only way to do it.  WNAX and other radio stations have contracts with SDSU, providing free internet feeds from home games may not violate those contracts be definition but its probably not in the best interest of SDSU, right now.

Just like signing a contract with KELO to have your games televised. There is no difference other than one is on TV and one is on the internet unless there are not going to be many home games on the television package. Either way people are getting the games free.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                              X