Northern Sun Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Sun Expansion

There is another thread in this category about UNO and its hopes to join the MIAA.  I know that Augie and at least two of the Minnesota NCC members intend to pursue membership in the Northern Sun.

Has the Northern Sun actually invited any of these schools to join, or have they even suggested that it is a possibility?

Re: Northern Sun Expansion

I seem to remember hearing Bill Gross or another Augie leader on KWSN talking about that. I think it was stated that the NSIC had been talking and was putting together scheduling models for up to 14 teams. That was the last I had heard about it.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

A while back, the NSIC commisioner was on KWSN and stated that they had been having on-going talks with Augie, SCSU, UMD, and UMM. He stated that they had told all the schools what info they would need to review if they wanted to explore getting and that all the schools had or would be providing it, and the current members were evaluating where they were currently at and where they wanted to go. If I remember correctly, he indicated that UM-Crookston will be a key, because if they decide to stay at D-2, then the conference really will only have room for 3 of the 4. If they go D-3 or NAIA, then it is likely all 4 will get in.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/503/story/902269.html

Former NCC schools apply to Northern Sun

The commissioner of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference says he has formal requests from four North Central Conference schools.

Butch Raymond says St. Cloud State as well as Minnesota State Mankato, Minnesota-Duluth and Augustana want to join the Northern Sun...(Read More)

Go State! Go State!

Comment

Working...
        X