Think we got it bad....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think we got it bad....

Four players on the Colorado State University women's basketball team have been suspended for setting off a chemical bomb outside the apartment of teammate Kelly Rae Finley, athletic spokesman Gary Ozello said Saturday. There were no injuries and no structural damage.

Police detective David Grant identified the suspended players as starting guards Emily Neal, 19, and Kelly Jo Mullaney, 18, both of Minneapolis, and reserve forward Raysha Ritter, 18, of Grand Junction, Colo., and reserve Brittney Stirling, 19, of Tucson, Ariz., all freshmen.

"This is a case where four teammates were trying to play a prank on a teammate, and it went bad," Grant said. "They thought the device would just make a loud bang, and that it would not be a big deal. It was not meant in a malicious way by any means. I know that Mullaney and Finley are very good friends."

He added, "No one was hurt, and there was no property damage; but if someone had opened the door at the time the device exploded there could have been serious injuries." The bomb was made of chemicals that create an explosive acid.

Police spokeswoman Rita Davis said the four players all knew that two other team members were staying at the victim's apartment and thought it would be funny to scare them. She said they would be charged with one count of reckless endangerment, a misdemeanor.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2730072
    I had to laugh when I first saw this story on ESPN's bottom line while watching the Iowa State and Kansas game.
Working...
X