• Show
Clear All

• Bison schedule woes

From the Fargo Forum (sub. site but it is free):

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/154526

NDSU a victim of its own success

Jeff Kolpack, The Forum
    Published Sunday, January 28, 2007

A 10-1 season. A Great West Football Conference title. A No. 5 ranking in the final Football Championship Subdivision top 25 poll.

It all looked impressive to the North Dakota State football team and its fans. It doesn’t look so swell to teams thinking about scheduling the Bison next season.

NDSU appears to be a victim of its own success.

“Somewhat this year,” said athletic director Gene Taylor.

Taylor is having difficulty finding home games for 2007. NDSU only has three in the bank – California Davis, Southern Utah and Stephen F. Austin (Texas) – after Montana State backed out last month. The Bison normally shoot for six games at the Fargodome, something that was taken for granted before last season.

It’s not exactly textbook marketing considering the Bison are currently locked in a season ticket campaign. Taylor said the package is based on five home games and if the school happens to get a sixth, it would be treated as an extra game.

Getting to five, however, is looking to be a chore. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Bison schedule woes

I wouldn't mind playing them twice, it would help that bad taste out of my mouth everytime I hear about NDSU. We used to play usd twice a year, why not the Bis? Of course they might not have a 10-1 season again. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
      Of course they might not have a 10-1 season again.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      11-0?

Comment

I don't feel bad for them, looks like ndsu will be on the road next year. I woun't mind playing ndsu twice a year, no chance they would win both games. After seeing that packed dome last fall i can't wait to back sometime.

Comment

Working...
        X