Former Rabbit Mike Schott promoted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Rabbit Mike Schott promoted.

Kevin Buisman, Minnesota State Director of Athletics, and head coach Matt Margenthaler have announced that Mike Schott has been named associate head coach of the Maverick basketball program. Schott, like Margenthaler is in the middle of his sixth year on the sidelines at Minnesota State.

A native of Winnebago, Ill., Schott is a 1999 graduate of South Dakota State where he was a forward on two North Central Conference championship teams, and was a member of a Jackrabbit team that captured a NCAA regional title and advanced to the Division II Elite Eight tournament in 1997. Prior to transferring to SDSU, Schott spent two seasons at Northeastern Illinois. In 2001, Schott earned his master’s degree from South Dakota State.

Schott and his wife, Heidi, are the parents of a daughter - Isabelle - and the family resides in North Mankato.

"Mike's loyalty and commitment to the Maverick basketball family has been top-notch," said Margenthaler. "He is an excellent teacher of the game and is one of the best X & O's coaches I have ever seen. He possesses all the abilities that it takes to be an outstanding head coach. I am very pleased to announce Mike as our associate head coach and he is very deserving of this title."
    http://www.msumavericks.com/more.php?id=4758
    Wow has it really been 10 years since the elite 8 game against Lynn? That was a damn good team we had then. Congrats to Mike.

Re: Former Rabbit Mike Schott promoted.

The "SDSU at Mankato" basketball program rolls on . . .

Go Purple Mavs!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Didn't Austin go over there at one time also? Does anyone know where he is now?

Comment

Originally posted by Bitsbacker
        Didn't Austin go over there at one time also? Does anyone know where he is now?
        He's also an assistant coach for the Purple Mavs. He went there for his masters' degree and is in his 4th season at 'Kato.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

10 years already since the Elite 8!??!?!

I still remember that trip to Louisville. I knew we were in for a long day when Meister didn't even draw rim for our first shot in that game. I swear those guys in Louisville were waiting for basketball to get over that weekend so they can bring in the boat show. It sure wasn't Frost. Heck, it wasn't even the Dome. It was a darker version of the Swiftel Center.

As for Mike, good for him. Great guy and the Illinois to South Dakota to Mankato trip continues...And Margenthaler, he was a hoot.

Comment

Working...
            X