NDSU football DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU football DVD

Hey Bison fans! Can you give me more information on this. How long is it? Do they show highlights of games, press conferences?

I'd like to see SDSU look into making a film like this. But for $20 I'd want something 3 or 4 hours long.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: NDSU football DVD

Its only a 30 minutes in length but it was a last minute thing. I guess next year they are going to put a lot more work into it and make it more in depth. I plan on buying the DVD eventually just so I can have something to remember the great season NDSU had and the entire 20 dollars goes towards funding scholarships for NDSU athletics so the money is going to a good place as well.

Comment

I'd like to see them put together a DVD in which they interview players and coaches and talk about games. It might be way too expensive to put together. But, they could sell it basketball games, and maybe give them away during halftime show to raise awareness. If they could get it out before X-mas, and sell it at Scheels in SF they could maybe sell a couple of thousand. Wishful thinking I suppose, but dang nabit, I wish I had something like that to watch right now.

Comment

It shouldn't be too expensive to produce, it could be produced in-house by students. Make it a class, good practical experience and a good resume stuffer.

Comment

I did something like this my senior year of high school, was fun traveled with the football team and got a lot of good footage from the sidelines. Sold them for 20 dollars a piece, ended up selling 40 and made a 40 profit. Was fun to do, but a lot of time goes into taping and editing and creating a highlight film, I probably put in almost 200 hours taping, uploading, editing, and making the final cut.

Comment

This DVD is being promoted on TV and radio both in the Fargo area. The ads indicate that the proceeds are going to be used to fund scholarships. It will be interesting to find out how many are sold.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1
              It shouldn't be too expensive to produce, it could be produced in-house by students. Make it a class, good practical experience and a good resume stuffer.
              This certainly is one way to cut costs of production of the DVD, but I tend to believe the real costs are the promotion costs such as buying spots on radio and TV. That is money that has to be paid. I don't know if that part of the equation would work for SDSU. We would almost have to have up front money to pay for the promotion. Once these costs are recovered, the DVD starts to make money and then it can be used to raise funds for scholarships like NDSU is doing currently. SDSU on the other hand with a 7-4 season may not draw the desired response from the casual fans. No doubt the DVD would be a big deal for us diehard fans. I tend to think maybe SDSU would be better off trying to promote the 2007 season on TV and radio than to produce a DVD. IMO.

Not knocking NDSU, but they had a better season in terms of wins and losses and also the NDSU fandom is very concentrated in Fargo-Moorhead and Northwest Minnesota, so the DVD will probably work for NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                Hey Bison fans! Can you give me more information on this.  How long is it?  Do they show highlights of games, press conferences?  

I'd like to see SDSU look into making a film like this.  But for $20 I'd want something 3 or 4 hours long.
                This is the difference between NDSU and SDSU. A bison fan sees a highlight video for $20 and that all the proceeds go to scholarships and thinks, cool, I can get a video and give to the Athletic Department. A Jackrabbit fan sees this and thinks, only 30 minutes! For $20 it better be at least 2 hours long.

I am not calling you out specifically 2002, just making a point about Jackrabbit nation in general. I would guess that most on this board would buy it, but we are a small percentage of what it takes to build the facilities they are building in Fargo.

This certainly is one way to cut costs of production of the DVD, but I tend to believe the real costs are the promotion costs such as buying spots on radio and TV.
                I think that there would be enough opportunities to get it in during radio broadcasts and home games that the overall promotion costs might not be so bad. All it would take is a few dedicated people that have some ability and this could work. I have seen Matt Cecil (the former JackPhd I believe) around the HPER with video equipment and also posting things on Youtube (the Stig signing day videos). Someone like Matt could work with the Athletic Department to put together something nice with some interviews and make a good product.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Making a 30 minute DVD wouldn't even take very long. Movie making programs like iDVD make it really easy to edit film. The longest part would just be gathering up and watching all the footage. If a student was going to make it, it would probably be a media productions student. They could probably do it as a side project if any of them would be interested at all. Maybe a sponsor could be found to give the student a few bucks and then they get to play a commercial on the DVD. Maybe Hy-Vee or someplace could sponsor it and than sell copies at the brookings, watertown, sioux falls hy-vee's. Maybe the SDSU athletic department could sponsor it, probably wouldn't cost much and could be good SDSU propoganda, stig could give them out to possible recruits.

Comment

This is the difference between NDSU and SDSU. A bison fan sees a highlight video for $20 and that all the proceeds go to scholarships and thinks, cool, I can get a video and give to the Athletic Department. A Jackrabbit fan sees this and thinks, only 30 minutes! For $20 it better be at least 2 hours long.

I am not calling you out specifically 2002, just making a point about Jackrabbit nation in general. I would guess that most on this board would buy it, but we are a small percentage of what it takes to build the facilities they are building in Fargo.
                    EQ no offense taken. I would probably pay $20 for the DVD to support schollies, but you are correct about the malaise of most of our fans. In general it would be a tough sell. Bison fans have more enthusiasm about their football team. I think it has to do with their success at DII and now the recent success at DI. SDSU hasn't had a great team in my lifetime.

Comment

There was a great highlight DVD played at the football banquet this year. I think it is one that they show recruits. It was complete with music. I was very impressed. I have e-mailed some of the coaches to see if it is going to be made available. I think I heard the GA Nate Grubb had something to do with it. If anyone hears anything, I would love to have a copy.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Working...
                      X