• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Utah releases '07 Football schedule

Wow, the Thunderbirds are ambitious.

http://www.suu.edu/athletics/footbal...release07.html

Thunderbirds Release 2007 Schedule
    'Birds To Face 10 Ranked Teams In ‘07

CEDAR CITY, Utah, March 19 – Southern Utah University’s 2007 football schedule will be a challenging one, to say the least. The Thunderbirds will square off against nine teams which finished the 2006 season ranked in the NCAA Championship Subdivision top-25, while the team’s lone Division II opponent was ranked seventh in the final D-II rankings.

Fans in Cedar City will be able to see the Thunderbirds host three of last year’s top-25, including Southern Illinois, which finished last season ranked No. 7, No. 16 Cal Poly and No. 21 McNeese State. In addition to those three, UC Davis, which spent most of 2006 in the to-25 before finishing 28th, as well as North Dakota, which finished the season ranked seventh in Division II.

Also included on the schedule are road games at No. 3 Montana, No. 4 Youngstown State, No. 5 North Dakota State, No. 10 Montana State, No. 17 Northern Iowa and No. 22 South Dakota State. . . . (read more)

09/01 @ Montana
    09/08 North Dakota
    09/15 Southern Illinois
    09/22 McNeese State
    09/29 OPEN
    10/06 @ Montana State
    10/13 @ Youngstown State
    10/20 UC-Davis
    10/27 @ North Dakota State
    11/03 Cal Poly
    11/10 @ South Dakota State
    11/17 @ Northern Iowa

Go State!

Re: Southern Utah releases '07 Football schedule

That's a brutal schedule... particularly for a team that was one of the worst FCS teams I have seen as recently as two years ago.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
      That's a brutal schedule... particularly for a team that was one of the worst FCS teams I have seen as recently as two years ago.
      :'( :'( :'( The T-Birds will be 0-11 this year. MY GAWD THAT'S A BRUTAL SCHEDULE! I do hope that T-Birds do better than UNI did last year vs UND.

T-Birds are a reasonably good team, and would likely be middle (.500) team in any FCS conference but GWFC, Gateway or CAA (A-10).

Comment

What are they trying to prove?

Maybe this will be their coming out party.

Comment

Perhaps they are trying to prove they are not like Montana? Wow, this one is brutal - I hope they can pull a few of these off.

Comment

Working...
          X