USD to play McNeese State in 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD to play McNeese State in 2007

Do any of you guys know if those U of S. Dakota Coyote types have a fan messageboard anywhere?

Thanks,
    Doc

Re: Help

Originally posted by McNeese72
    Do any of you guys know if those U of S. Dakota Coyote types have a fan messageboard anywhere?

Thanks,
    Doc
    Hi Doc - Thanks for the nice foto from the USF vs McNeese tailgate! Had a good time with the Cowboys in Tampa!

Here's the Coyote Board, but it's usually quiet there.

http://coyotesports.proboards100.com/

Many of the 'Yotes are still hanging at www.d2football.com so may want to try there also.

How's McNeese shaping up for this year?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
      [quote author=McNeese72 link=1173731536/0#0 date=1173731536]Do any of you guys know if those U of S. Dakota Coyote types have a fan messageboard anywhere?

Thanks,
      Doc
      Hi Doc - Thanks for the nice foto from the USF vs McNeese tailgate!  Had a good time with the Cowboys in Tampa!

Here's the Coyote Board, but it's usually quiet there.

http://coyotesports.proboards100.com/

Many of the 'Yotes are still hanging at www.d2football.com  so may want to try there also.

How's McNeese shaping up for this year?[/quote]

Thanks.   We should be improved from last season.   We ended the season better than we were when we played you guys.   I guess losing to you guys was the best thing that could have happened to us.    It was one of the last straws that brought a lot of things to a head and caused Coach Tate to be dismissed.   That ended a lot of internal problems and stife.   You could tell the attitude in the Field House among everybody was a lot better in the weeks after the coaching change.

Anyway we got a lot of starters coming back.   Should be an interesting season.

The reason I'm asking about the Coyotes is that there is a rumor going around that we may have them coming to "The Hole" in late September.  And, we return the trip to South Dakota in 09 after they make the transition to Div I.   But nothing is signed or definite yet.

Doc

Comment

God help the yotes if that is true. If they struggled with Central Arkansas, McNeese is at a whole different level.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
          God help the yotes if that is true. If they struggled with Central Arkansas, McNeese is at a whole different level.
          Well, USD has to find out somehow what it takes to compete at this level..........our first football game as a D-I school wasn't very pretty, but we've been able to make significant strides........

Comment

We took a mulligan on that one, right? :-/

Comment

I would say we got our revenge against UC-Davis the past two years......

Comment

Nah, the team has to go Davis and beat them, that is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                  Nah, the team has to go Davis and beat them, that is the only way.
                  Good point, but the Aggies are 0-2 in SD since we both moved up to D-I. It'll be a great game out there this fall.....

Comment

Very true!

Comment

It's official. The 'Yotes are coming down next season. What can we expect from those guys?

Doc

Comment

An easy victory.

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72
                          It's official. The 'Yotes are coming down next season. What can we expect from those guys?

Doc
                          They've built a pretty decent Division II program . . . I really have no idea who they have coming back next year, so I'll give you the generic NCC D-II vs. FCS preview:

you'll probably see some good skill position players, and some decent linemen with pretty good size, but they won't have the depth of an FCS program. If you let them hang around and get the idea that they can play with you, they could be trouble. Best to put them away by halftime.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Your conference mate, Central Arkansas, played them last year and beat them 24 - 0.   Best of luck.

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                              They've built a pretty decent Division II program . . . I really have no idea who they have coming back next year, so I'll give you the generic NCC D-II vs. FCS preview:

you'll probably see some good skill position players, and some decent linemen with pretty good size, but they won't have the depth of an FCS program.  If you let them hang around and get the idea that they can play with you, they could be trouble.  Best to put them away by halftime.
                              They've got a solid QB, 1 decent WR for the DII level, lost their quick but undersized RB not sure who will replace him. I think their O-line is solid but not deep as Filbert stated. Defense is decent their 2-deep should be child's play for McNeese. UND hung around against UNI and stole one in Iowa last year. I suppose USD could pull off a similar coup.

They will say the Cent Ark game was one of their worst. Don't play them in the DakotaDump they could beat LSU at home. :
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X