Marist's run in the women's NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marist's run in the women's NCAA

Marist knocked off Ohio State and has Middle Tennessee down eight with 3 minutes to go in the first half (on ESPN2 now).

They were the #1 team in the league where Iona was #2.

Marist reminds me a bit of the Jackrabbits . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Middle Tenn Season Over

#13 Marist 73, #5 Middle Tennessee St 49... Red Fox beat the Blue Raiders..

Congrats to a tuff MTSU team on a great season

Comment

Re: Marist's run in the women's NCAA

Originally posted by RaiderInTheZone
      It was a nice run.  I'm very proud of our ladies.  Marist did what they had to do to win, and they played their most flawless game of the season against us and that was by far the worst performance we put out this season.  It was even worse than what happened against South Dakota State.

They run a 3-guard set which apparently we can't match up well with.  Does South Dakota State run that same style?  I never noticed.

1-2 this year against teams with no minorities on their basketball teams.  Very interesting.
      Thanks for coming back and letting us know again how bad you played against us and how undiversified (is that a word?) our team is. I couldn't live without hearing that again :. Remember our record is 2-1 versus Mid Tenn St. since we went D1. Did you have your third worst performance in the last three years the first time we beat you at your place.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderInTheZone
        [quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1174351661/0#3 date=1174403488][quote author=RaiderInTheZone link=1174351661/0#2 date=1174401726]It was a nice run.  I'm very proud of our ladies.  Marist did what they had to do to win, and they played their most flawless game of the season against us and that was by far the worst performance we put out this season.  It was even worse than what happened against South Dakota State.

They run a 3-guard set which apparently we can't match up well with.  Does South Dakota State run that same style?  I never noticed.

1-2 this year against teams with no minorities on their basketball teams.  Very interesting.
        Thanks for coming back and letting us know again how bad you played against us and how undiversified (is that a word?) our team is.  I couldn't live without hearing that again  :.  Remember our record is 2-1 versus Mid Tenn St. since we went D1.  Did you have your third worst performance in the last three years the first time we beat you at your place.[/quote]

Did I say something that wasn't true?  Actually, Marist is more diverse than SDSU.  They've got two minorities on their roster.  Maybe South Dakota State did beat us for real.  Do you guys run the 3-guard set like Marist?  I've heard from one of the Sun Belt coaches that this style of play is what is needed to beat us and Marist ran it and beat us.  I guess South Dakota State must run it too.[/quote]
        Actually, if you want to consider Vogel a guard then yes we run a 3 guard set ;D But no we don't truly have a 3 guard set that I've noticed. Actually I heard female minority athletes make more bad decisions on the court then their caucasian counterparts. Not to be racist just stating something that has been mentioned before. Even though race shouldn't matter. By the way I believe Maria Boever has some Hispanic/Mexican roots in her family. Teams don't have to be diverse to be good you know.

Comment

Come on Blue, have you been drinking this morning?  Delete that stuff.
          The rest of the nation likes to believe we think this way up here...you don't have to prove them right.
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

No kidding.  Where did you hear that from?  That's just a ridiculous claim that could never be substantiated.

Comment

That is some BS I'd never thought I would see on this board.

> >

Comment

Can we just delete this thread?
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Comments which reasonable people can interpret as racist (i.e. judging individuals or groups according to the melanin content of their skin) are not welcome on this board.

Clean it up.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Its completely unnecessary to comment on the race of any player on any team. Its pretty obvious to everyone the racial make-up of the SDSU women's BB team. Its a direct reflection of the population from which we recruit. Its no more and no less than that. No reason to be offended when someone with an irrelevant agenda points something obvious out.

We will continue our post-season run while Middle Tenn St prepares for next season. Some will be good sports and some will be conceded and bitter losers. I think we all know which are which. Good luck to Marist.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                      Its completely unnecessary to comment on the race of any player on any team.  Its pretty obvious to everyone the racial make-up of the SDSU women's BB team.  Its a direct reflection of the population from which we recruit.  Its no more and no less than that.  No reason to be offended when someone with an irrelevant agenda points something obvious out.

We will continue our post-season run while Middle Tenn St prepares for next season.  Some will be good sports and some will be conceded and bitter losers.  I think we all know which are which.  Good luck to Marist.
                      Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                        Its completely unnecessary to comment on the race of any player on any team.  Its pretty obvious to everyone the racial make-up of the SDSU women's BB team.  Its a direct reflection of the population from which we recruit.  Its no more and no less than that.  No reason to be offended when someone with an irrelevant agenda points something obvious out.

We will continue our post-season run while Middle Tenn St prepares for next season.  Some will be good sports and some will be conceded and bitter losers.  I think we all know which are which.  Good luck to Marist.
                        If Western Kentucky doesn't win the WNIT, I hope you guys do. You guys are right. I was way out of line. I apologize. I'm just frustrated and upset about the loss.

Comment

Diversity is a lot more than skin color.

Comment

We are not a very diverse team. They all have high GPA's. Matter of fact, their #1 in the country. No other team is like them. Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                              We are not a very diverse team. They all have high GPA's. Matter of fact, their #1 in the country. No other team is like them. Go Jacks.
                              Your exactly right 1bunnies. ,and we are Tripling (sp?) the attendence of anyone at the WNIT!

Comment

Working...
                              X