No mention of Kardoes in Augie report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mention of Kardoes in Augie report

No mention of Andy Kardoes playing QB for Augustana in the 4/28/07 story about Augie's Spring Practice.

From the Argus Leader:
    http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...01/1002/SPORTS

Re: No mention of Kardoes in Augie report

Is that because he couldnt play spring ball beacause he was parttime or because he went over the scholarship limit of 10 semesters? I heard he couldnt do spring ball either way and still it was kind of wierd that they didnt even mention it. Any body with an official word on him yet? It would be great for augie to get the leadership of a guy like Kardoes.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon
      Is that because he couldnt play spring ball beacause he was parttime or because he went over the scholarship limit of 10 semesters?  I heard he couldnt do spring ball either way and still it was kind of wierd that they didnt even mention it.  Any body with an official word on him yet?  It would be great for augie to get the leadership of a guy like Kardoes.  
      Thats what I have read and yesterday since I did not get to CAS for the spring game, I listened on WNAX. Steve Emming had coach Stieglimeire explain the difference between completing eligibity between D2 and D1AA. Coach Stig explained that Kardoes had to sit out the spring semester to play next fall.

The difference has to do with the time frame for which must complete your eligibity under D1AA rules and D2 rules. I believe it is 5 consecutive years under D1AA, whereas D2 goes by semesters played within a six or seven year time frame. Kardoes will be allowed one semester to complete his eligibity under D2 rules and that semester will be next fall forcing him to sit out spring at Augie. He might still be enrolled at SDSU and might even graduate next week. It would not surprise me if this is the case. He could still enroll next fall at Augie and play football and use is final semester of eligibity which I assume will happen.

D2 is much more flexible in eligibity completion.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
        [quote author=goon link=1177858469/0#1 date=1177872049]Is that because he couldnt play spring ball beacause he was parttime or because he went over the scholarship limit of 10 semesters?  I heard he couldnt do spring ball either way and still it was kind of wierd that they didnt even mention it.  Any body with an official word on him yet?  It would be great for augie to get the leadership of a guy like Kardoes.  
        Thats what I have read and yesterday since I did not get to CAS for the spring game, I listened on WNAX. Steve Emming had coach Stieglimeire explain the difference between completing eligibity between D2 and D1AA. Coach Stig explained that Kardoes had to sit out the spring semester to play next fall.

The difference  has to do with the time frame for which must complete your eligibity under D1AA rules and D2 rules. I believe it is 5 consecutive  years under D1AA, whereas D2 goes by semesters played within a six or seven year time frame. Kardoes will be allowed one semester to complete his eligibity under D2 rules and that semester will be next fall forcing him to sit out spring at Augie. He might still be enrolled at SDSU and might even graduate next week. It would not surprise me if this is the case.  He could still enroll next fall at Augie and play football and use is final semester of eligibity which I assume will happen.

D2 is much more flexible in eligibity completion.[/quote]

thanks for clarifing that. Hope he has a great season there.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think the reason he wasn't mensioned is because he currently is enrolled an another school and a coach cannot comment on that... I think its prety clear that Kardoes will be playing at Augistana next year and I hope he does really well there....

Comment

Working...
          X