Andre Gilbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Gilbert

Looks like Andre had a pretty good season this year at Mt. San Jacinto Community College

http://www.msjc.edu/athletics/mbasketball/

It will be interesting to see where he ends up playing next year.

Re: Andre Gilbert

Glad to see he is doing well after what he's gone through. Its too bad things ended like they did with SDSU, wish him best of luck in his future.

Comment

Well I see he visited Bradley http://www.pjstar.com/stories/042007...01LE76.071.php and Kansas State  visited him http://www.twincities.com/walters.  It appears his stock has rissen with a year in California.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02
        Glad to see he is doing well after what he's gone through.  Its too bad things ended like they did with SDSU, wish him best of luck in his future.
        My sentiments exactly.  I hope he finds a spot on a good team and does well.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Former Jackrabbit Update

This was in the St. Paul Pioneer Press, April 21, 2007, in Charley Walters column. I thought people might be interested in this. I know he isn't a current Jack, but whatever I guess.........

Kansas State men's basketball coach Frank Martin will come to town this week on a private jet to visit 6-foot-5 former Park Center star guard Andre Gilbert, who is being recruited out of Mount San Jacinto Junior College in California.

Comment

Re: Former Jackrabbit Update

Did SDSU get Gilbert from the JuCo ranks?

Comment

NO

Comment

High school in the twin cities.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I've also heard he is getting looks from Cincy.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I thought Andre was a little raw when he was at SDSU, but had the most upside and potential talent of any of the early recruits in DI until Kai. It would have been fun to see him develop. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Andre getting a lot of looks from DI schools.

http://jucojunction.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=670115

Comment

For those that couldn't open the article Andre is getting interest from 12-15 schools including Kansas State, Utah Valley, Bradley among others..

Comment

Looks like Andre will be a K-State Wildcat.

http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/99576.html

Three recruits commit to Cats
                          K-State basketball has a numbers crunch with recent developments.

By HOWARD RICHMAN
                          The Kansas City Star

It appears three 6-foot-7 basketball players are on their way to Kansas State, and one plans to arrive sooner than expected.

That would be Jamar Samuels, who plans to skip his senior season at The Patterson School in Lenoir, N.C., after he finishes up the one-half credit he needs to graduate in summer school. He anticipates signing with K-State in the fall, according to his coach Terry Truax.

The other two players are Victor Dubovitsky, who signed in November with Texas A&M but was granted a release when Aggies coach Billy Gillispie left to take the Kentucky job, and guard Andre Gilbert of Mount San Jacinto College.  .  .  .  (read more)

That is two kids that Coach Nagy brought to SDSU that ended up at BSC schools (Holdren - Ill. -- Big 10 and Gilbert - Kansas State -- Big 12).  Now that we are nearly done with our transition and we are moving into the Summit League, I think we will be able to hang on to our kids.  This will lead to a return to what we know as "Jackrabbit Basketball" in the near future.  Keep the faith, Go Jackrabbits!

Go State!  

Comment

That brings Kansas State to 8 recruits, they are currently #1 on Scout.com team recruitment. This shows that Nagy can recruit D-I players now lets just retain them and SDSU can and will become a mid-major powerhouse.

Comment

Working...
                            X