X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Gearman

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...;ATCLID=896912

Derek Gearman Named the Big Ten Field Event Athlete of the Year

Gearman posted two runner-up finishes in scoring a team-high 21 points in individual events at last weekend’s Big Ten Championships in State College, Pa. The Lennox, S.D., native finished second in the long jump with a career-best leap of 25 feet, 6 inches. Competing at the same time in the high jump, Gearman cleared 7-0 1/4 to capture second place in that event as well. For good measure, Gearman added a fourth-place showing in the triple jump with a season-long effort of 51-0 1/4 and ran a leg of the Gophers’ 4x100-meter relay that finished fourth. Gearman has earned NCAA Midwest Region Championships berths in the long jump, triple jump and high jump.

Re: Derek Gearman

This guy started at USD and then transferred to Minnesota and is a flat out stud.

Comment

Interesting this came up. I worked with one of his relatives during the summer back home who told me he was transferring. At the time, I had no idea who he was but he talked him up like he was a stud. Cool to see he's doing well.

Comment

High jump of 7 feet . that would be pretty cool to see, we should stand mark engen up and have this guy come jump over him.

Comment

Working...
        X