• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All is not good in the Big Sky and Montana State

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/art...s/sports01.txt

http://www.msubobcats.com/news.php?sid=fb&nid=2048

http://bozemandailychronicle.com/art...ews/10drug.txt

Re: All is not good in the Big Sky and Montana Sta

Some people are not having a good day in Big Sky land.

Another example of how problems can happen with athletes or former athletes in any program. But it was interesting to see how the MSU officials concluded there was something amiss in the football program generally and sacked the head coach. I think I'll look in on the Montana Grizzly fan board to see what's being said -- the two Montana schools are not nice to one another!

Comment

I believe, and I'm proud, that Coach Stig recruits athletes with good character. I hope to never hear a story like this taking place in Brookings.

The incident (alleged) with the basketball team last year was more embarrassing for SDSU than any losing season. No futher discussion needed about this.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

If you want to watch the sniping first-hand, here are links to the Bobcat and Grizzly fan message boards:

MSU Bobcats:
        http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/index.php

Montana Grizzlies:
        http://www.egriz.com/GrizBoard/monta...the-fcs-f1.php

Comment

Jeff Culhane is reporting on KVTK that Ed Meierkort is one of the 7 finalists for the MSU job, Kevin Culhane sounds depressed, near suicide. Kevin Culhane is saying that Dale Lennon is also on of the finalists.

Comment

That would be a disaster for the Coyotes!

Comment

Please someone refresh my memory. Why did we want to join the Big Sky Conference? With the APR's listed in one of the articles, the BSC presidents did us a great favor by telling NDSU and SDSU , that the Dakotas were to far to travel to, plus the academic standards are much lower than what we are accustom too or did they for get to mention that. ;D

Would love to see Ed Meirkort get the job. After all he got his Master's at SDSU so he really is one of us.

Comment

Ed is a perfect fit for MSU. He'll tell the boosters what they want to hear, go out and get recruits, and field a good team. He can make people forget the recent troubles in a hurry. Just what he did at USD. If they offer the position I bet he takes it. I suspect USD will try to pony up some bucks but I'm not sure what they can do. Time will tell. Best of luck to Ed.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbitdw
                  Jeff Culhane is reporting on KVTK that Ed Meierkort is one of the 7 finalists for the MSU job, Kevin Culhane sounds depressed, near suicide. Kevin Culhane is saying that Dale Lennon is also on of the finalists.
                  I would think that Dale Lennon has a much better chance at landing the MSU job than Ed Meierkort.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison
                    [quote author=jackrabbitdw link=1179627356/0#4 date=1180557063]Jeff Culhane is reporting on KVTK that Ed Meierkort is one of the 7 finalists for the MSU job, Kevin Culhane sounds depressed, near suicide. Kevin Culhane is saying that Dale Lennon is also on of the finalists.
                    I would think that Dale Lennon has a much better chance at landing the MSU job than Ed Meierkort. [/quote]

I'm guessing it will have a lot to do with who wants the job or who wants to leave their current institution as much as who MSU sees as the best candidate. Does that make any sense?
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                      [quote author=tcbison link=1179627356/0#8 date=1180715003][quote author=jackrabbitdw link=1179627356/0#4 date=1180557063]Jeff Culhane is reporting on KVTK that Ed Meierkort is one of the 7 finalists for the MSU job, Kevin Culhane sounds depressed, near suicide. Kevin Culhane is saying that Dale Lennon is also on of the finalists.
                      I would think that Dale Lennon has a much better chance at landing the MSU job than Ed Meierkort. [/quote]

I'm guessing it will have a lot to do with who wants the job or who wants to leave their current institution as much as who MSU sees as the best candidate.  Does that make any sense?[/quote]

Well, Dale Lennon is one of the four finalists. Unless, Ed Meierkort withdrew his name he wasn't selected among the final four.

Comment

He didn't withdraw it. He just failed to make the list of finalists. Am sure he would like to get the heck out of Verminville with the tough sledding he has ahead of him in the move to D-1.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                          He didn't withdraw it. He just failed to make the list of finalists. Am sure he would like to get the heck out of Verminville with the tough sledding he has ahead of him in the move to D-1.
                          He may or may not be in a hurry to get out of USD.  Unless he speaks only he will know that for certain.  On the other hand, if he is able to make the transition to DI with a reasonable amount of success he will be an attractive candidate for a more prestigious program.  As to what qualifies for reasonable success I can only speculate.  Coaching USD to a middle of the pack finish in the FCS Subdivision during the transition years may be regarded by some as a near miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack
                            [quote author=jacks#1fan link=1179627356/0#11 date=1180978370]He didn't withdraw it. He just failed to make the list of finalists. Am sure he would like to get the heck out of Verminville with the tough sledding he has ahead of him in the move to D-1.
                            He may or may not be in a hurry to get out of USD.  Unless he speaks only he will know that for certain.  On the other hand, if he is able to make the transition to DI with a reasonable amount of success he will be an attractive candidate for a more prestigious program.  As to what qualifies for reasonable success I can only speculate.  Coaching USD to a middle of the pack finish in the FCS Subdivision during the transition years may be regarded by some as a near miracle.[/quote]

Isn't that and some what SDSU and NDSU have already done during their transition years. USD is more than capable of being a middle of the pack FCS program. Remember USD is currently better off and has more momentum than SDSU when they were in this position.

Comment

Yawn... save it for Smack, junior!
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X