• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augie signs TV Deal with KELO

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...04/1002/SPORTS

Good work by the Augie Administration.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Augie signs TV Deal with KELO

I think Augie has a real opportunity to become a dominant force in DII with the State Dakota Schools gone. They have some great coaches, facilities and corporate support in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Add USD to the list of teams with a TV deal. 3 of their home football games will be broadcast on Midcontinent cable systems.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...elease_id=3883
      Last edited by collegewatcher; 08-15-2007, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
        Add USD to the list of teams with a TV deal. 3 of their home football games will be broadcast on Midcontinent cable systems.

And here I was, just waiting for a good reason to stop letting those POS's at Midcontinent rip me off month after month!!
        Direct TV, here I come!!

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post

If a tree falls in the forrest, and nobody is there to see it?????

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            If a tree falls in the forrest, and nobody is there to see it?????
            It might be SDSU that no one is seeing. I would certainly be happy if SDSU had either deal that Augie or now USD has. Who is next? Northern? Dakota State? I can't believe that this far into the transition SDSU is still so far behind when it comes to media coverage.

Comment

Get back to us when you get on ESPN.

Last edited by 89rabbit; 08-16-2007, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
                Get back to us when you get on ESPN.
                I get ESPN!!!

I don't get KELO though or Midcontinent Cable.

I'm sure 89Rabbit and Filbert don't get it either.

I did sign up for the Jackrabbit Extra for the whole year. Now I will be able to see all of the Jackrabbit events, starting with the SDSU vs. Western Illinois football game.

The internet is a wonderful thing. I don't think Vermillion gets the internet, do they???

Go State!!!
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                  I get ESPN!!!

I did sign up for the Jackrabbit Extra for the whole year. Now I will be able to see all of the Jackrabbit events, starting with the SDSU vs. Western Illinois football game.

The internet is a wonderful thing. I don't think Vermillion gets the internet, do they???

Go State!!!

Is the Western Illinois game going to be on Jackrabbit Extra, or just the home football games?

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    Is the Western Illinois game going to be on Jackrabbit Extra, or just the home football games?
                    I logged in again to confirm and yes it is listed as a game that will be shown. The next football game to be listed is the SDSU vs. UNI game. So I am concluding that the Youngstown St. game will not be shown or it would have been listed.

Go State!!!
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                      I get ESPN!!!

Go State!!!

I didn't realize it was an either/or type of thing. If we are on ESPNU we can't be on anything locally? There are thousands of people in South Dakota and the upper midwest that do see Midco and don't get ESPNU and won't sign up for internet games. Why can't SDSU do what they can to reach those people also?

Comment

I don't get KELO at all (being in Kansas City or parts unknown most of the time). I did sign up for the Jackrabbit Extra package (and will probably up for the Summit League package too later this school year).

Still, it's a bit annoying to see SDSU's erstwhile competitors land local TV deals. I hope that SDSU's administration knows what they're doing . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I agree with Collegewatcher, SDSU needs to get a local package. I know the change over in conferences affected the KELO deal, or at least that is what I heard, but the Summit and Gateway terms should be known by now. We should get something worked out soon.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Sometimes you have to be patient to get the "right" deal (I/E Scoreboard deals - SDSU gets the revenue from SDSU's boards, Daktronics gets the revenue from USD's board).

Go State!

Comment

As a reference, here is a link to the thread about the deal we were working with KELO:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?t=1794

Don't forget, that it has also been reported that FSN North is talking with SDSU about the Dakota Marker Game.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                              X