Two Important Points for this Message Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Important Points for this Message Board

From time-to-time, posters have complained about having their "freedom of speech" curtailed on this message board. On other occasions, the Moderators have asked for restraint, and have now imposed a rule about speculating, without reasonable source attribution, on SDSU athletes. So that these two points are easily accessible for those using this Message Board, they are printed below:

Message Board Freedom of Speech (filbert, 12/16/06) [prompted by a poster's complaint his freedom of speech was infringed]:
    Ah, the "Free speech" argument. I am not the government. "Free speech" has no applicability here on this board. SDSUFans.com's bills are paid for, in total, by me. I have no obligation to provide a platform for anyone else's First Amendment rights.

Having said that, this site is moderated by 89rabbit and myself, using our own personal judgments as to what is appropriate. We attempt to moderate in such a way as to provide a supportive, entertaining, and interesting environment within which to discuss SDSU athletics, and whatever else folks want to discuss, within reason.

The Message Board Rule on Rumors and Attribution Rule (filbert, 3/5/07)
    If you feel the urge to spread rumors about players (in any sport) leaving SDSU, CITING YOUR SOURCE IS NOW REQUIRED.

Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.

Failure to cite your source will result in the post and/or the thread being pulled and, quite possibly, depending on how the Moderator's day is going, the rumor-monger getting banned permanently from this board.

Note also that spreading the rumor in the form of a question (i.e. ""Did anybody hear the rumor that Joe Player is leaving the team?" or "What happens if Joe Player leaves the team?&quot falls under this rule. Any other methods of rumor-mongering which in the opinion of the Moderators is not properly sourced falls under this rule.

This board is intended to SUPPORT SDSU athletics. Unsourced rumors about SDSU student-athletes are destructive to the morale of the team and the entire SDSU community, and as such do not support SDSU athletics.

Working...
X