Mayor of Brookings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayor of Brookings

Just wondering who everyone thinks is the best fit for SDSU as Brookings Mayor. I believe the election was Tuesday, right?

Re: Mayor of Brookings

well i believe munsterman won...im not sure which if any of candidates are good choices although i voted for scott because i know him better. the politics of brookings are super duper screwed up and the economy isn't much better for sdsu. sioux falls is such an inviting place for college students to spend their money.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
      sioux falls is such an inviting place for college students to spend their money.
      I got tired of hearing all the crap about how Brookings isn't Sioux Falls when I was there. There are how many colleges in Sioux Falls that people could attend.

Just because Brookings doesn't have a crappy night club for 18 year olds or what not, doesn't mean there isn't a ton of stuff to do there. The only thing that Brookings really lacks is an alternative to WalMart.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

i'm not even talking about nightclubs for 18 year olds but that would be nice to have. having lived in brookings all of my life i know there are things we lack here and competition for walmart is one of those things.

Comment

A little off topic, but does Brookings have a miniature golf course? I always thought that would do crazy business in Brookings. What an easy first date opportunity for a large population of dating aged people.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

They use to have a "course" in the Brookings Inn but I dunno if its still there anymore. that would be a business venture worth doing.

Comment

I've tried to sell a "Thunder Road" type idea for a long time. I wanted them to use the old Kmart (now Lowes). The parking lot had room to put in a race course and the building could have had batting cages, mini golf etc. Someday maybe.

Comment

How about the old Econo Foods building? Could still be a good fit.

Comment

Rumor had it that walgreens is coming to brookings and moving into econofoods, but i dunno. I know McDonald's is rebuilding and relocating up the street this summer. i dunno if any of those are true though:P

Comment

All I know is that an 18 and over dance club failed miserably before and would again. I also like the idea of a thunderoad and also the waterpark that is about to be finished. As for the mayor, didn't Brookings switch to a city manager form of government?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15
                      All I know is that an 18 and over dance club failed miserably before and would again.   I also like the idea of a thunderoad and also the waterpark that is about to be finished.  As for the mayor, didn't Brookings switch to a city manager form of government?  
                      Yes, Brookings did switch to a city manager, but still has a mayor.

I would guess 20 years ago Brookings had a miniture golf course across the street from Pioneer Park on Sixth Street (also where the old Dairy Queen was located) it didn't last. The water park is on schedule to open on time this summer (as of last week). hopefully it is utilized by all citizens of Brookings and the area communities. I would like Brookings to add a frizbee golf course at one the the parks. It is a fun game and very inexpensive.
                      We...ARE...STATE!
                      SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                        Rumor had it that walgreens is coming to brookings and moving into econofoods, but i dunno.  I know McDonald's is rebuilding and relocating up the street this summer. i dunno if any of those are true though:P
                        Where did you here that the McDonalds will relocate to?

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

just up the hill where the old cafe ruby is located across from the swimming complex.

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
                            I would like Brookings to add a frizbee golf course at one the the parks.  It is a fun game and very inexpensive.
                            There will be a disc golf course built on campus this summer.  The SAs gave money to the Landscape Architecture club to complete this.  One of my friends is in the Landscape Club and he said it will be built between the intramural fields and the arboretum at McCory Gardens.  It will only be a nine hole, par 3 course, but as a disc golf player living in Brookings I am really excited to finally have a course in town.  I have also heard that Brookings Park and Rec is looking at putting a course in Larson Park or at the new park that will be created by the Southbrook Softball complex.

I have also heard that McDonalds is going to rebuild at their current location. They own the lot behind them, so they were going to expand into that as well. Plans could have changed though with Cafe Ruby closing down.

Comment

i guess i dunno for sure if i worked in the city engineers office im sure i could keep you all up to date with whats going on in brookings. i do know daktronics is adding another building this fall. and the lowes' site is slowly coming along. but a new mcdonalds will be nice we could use a more modern one, cuz well basically the service at this one sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X