Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some help from you married guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help from you married guys!!

I have my first wedding anniversary coming up and I need some advice from you married guys on a first anniversary gift. I have no idea what to get her or what she even wants. She is pulling the old "you figure it out" game with me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: I need some help from you married guys!!

Don't get her a power drill!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

And Don't get her any appliances either!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
        And Don't get her any appliances either!!!!!
        A nice dinner and flowers are a good start . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
          Don't get her a power drill!
          oh man that is funny ;D. i take it you learned that one from experience there jackrabit1?

Comment

Adult videos, or jewelry. Probably safer with jewelry though. Unless she's into the other, which we don't need to know.

My wife played the same game with me, so I bought her something, don't remember what, but I'm still married so I must not have screwed it up too bad. Actually I think it was jewelry. Or a spa day. I can't remember which. Could have been the videos though, but you'd think I'd remember that.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitsbacker
              I have my first wedding anniversary coming up and I need some advice from you married guys on a first anniversary gift.  I have no idea what to get her or what she even wants.  She is pulling the old "you figure it out" game with me.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
              I got my first coming up in September. We're planning a little getaway at a Bed and Breakfast out here in the hills. I bought her a really small set of diamond earings when we were dating for our 1st Valentines day back in 2002. I'm also going to upgrade those to a little bigger and a little nicer set since we're both out of college and making some money. Good luck!

Catch 'Em--any specific titles you have in mind?

Comment

I finally get to brag about something I did right!  My first date with my wife was to a basketball game between SDSU and Augie.  And it was on Valentine's Day!  I didn't truly realize what a smart move this was until years later when we were sitting in a middle school gymnasium on Valentine's Day watching our son and his team playing in a tournament.  All the other kids' moms were complaining about spending Valentine's Day in a gymnasium but my own lovely wife was smiling as she explained our first date to them.  It may be too late for you guys to do this but we should teach our sons properly how their future wives will reminisce about their first dates.  They need to plan those first dates well!

Comment

You may find this link helpful:

http://www.chipublib.org/008subject/...iswedding.html

My wife is into scrap booking and so "paper" (the traditional gift) was super for me.  As part of the celebration I gave her supplies (paper) for her hobby.   Mrs. 89rabbit was impressed that I know of the tradition and tied it into something that she is really into.  Best of luck.

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                    You may find this link helpful:

http://www.chipublib.org/008subject/...iswedding.html

My wife is into scrap booking and so "paper" (the traditional gift) was super for me.  As part of the celebration I gave her supplies (paper) for her hobby.   Mrs. 89rabbit was impressed that I know of the tradition and tied it into something that she is really into.  Best of luck.

Go State!  
                    It's a good thing I didn't post my list:

There seems to be a couple of discrepencies. Probably would have gotten some of the guys in trouble.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ

It's a good thing I didn't post my list:

There seems to be a couple of discrepencies. Probably would have gotten some of the guys in trouble.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ
                      and thus the mans list of anniversity gifts and the many reasons why the married man is sent out to sleep on the couch. ;D

Comment

I know a guy that got his wife a new lawn mower for their 25th Anniversary! :-? :-? :-?

WOW!!! That takes stones.

You never know though, a mower might have been the perfect gift.  My Grandpa bought my Grandma an acetyline welder for an Anniversary gift.  It was perfect because she is an artist and loves to make sculptures.  She uses it today!

I got my wife a dog for our first anniversary and gave her pictures of it while we were at a cabin in the Black Hills.

All you have to do is put some thought into it and get her something SHE will love and take her out for a romantic evening!  Better yet, cook her a great meal and clean up all the dishes.  For dessert, whip cream, baby!  Nuff said!

SUPERBUNNY aka CUPID
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I took the cheap way out and asked my wife. She said, "How should I know? I have no idea who his wife is and she better not find out he asked a fan board for advice!" Then she said he could give her fine chocolates, pampering stuff from Bath & Body, or write her a poem.

Good Luck!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Don't forget to pace yourself. This year sets the bar.
                            Make sure that you can top it later.
                            In other words don't buy her the 1/2 carat diamond earrings this year and show up next year with a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens and some posies....ain't gonna fly.

Comment

my roomie from 3 years ago just got married yesturday to the girl he has been seeing since the first week of classes. beautiful wedding in the city of montevideo.

Comment

Working...
                              X