• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brookings ranks high

From the Register:

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...34&page=23

Quality of life makes Brookings national winner

BY KEN CURLEY

Pierre may have made the list of "American Dreamtowns," but folks in Brookings aren’t losing much sleep over the news.
    That’s because Brookings is something of a "dreamtown" itself – if not officially.
    Pierre this week won bragging rights as the Midwest’s best small city for quality of life – the South Dakota capital ranked eighth nationally – but Brookings wasn’t far behind, according to the people who conducted the study of more than 500 "micropolitan" areas.
    The top 10 picks in the nation were proclaimed “dreamtowns.”
    The dreamy little college town on the prairie was ranked fifth-best in the Midwest and No. 21 nationally, ahead of the likes of Manhattan, Kan. (23), neighbors Aberdeen (24) and Marshall, Minn. (25), and Spirit Lake, Iowa (26).
    Doing the rankings was Bizjournals, the dot-com arm of American City Business Journals, the nation’s largest publisher of metropolitan business newspapers. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Re: Brookings ranks high

I would take Brookings over Pierre any day of the week!

Comment

Re: Brookings ranks high

I agree with NightHawk (even though I have never been to Pierre ;D). Also, Marshall has never impressed me (and I have spent much time there passing through on the way to Brookings lo those five years). By the way, did Vermillion make the list ???

Comment

Working...
      X