Mike H.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike H.

Not sure if this is posted somewhere else and thought this would be as good of a place as any to post it.

Yesterday afternoon on the Craig and Mike show they announced that Mike H. will be leaving KWSN. He will be on the show for about 3 more weeks. He would not tell where he is going but said they will announce it at a later date. Some of you know him and would maybe have a better chance of finding out what his new job will be.

Mike H.

I've worked with Mike H. before... at KJJQ in Brookings and again at Backyard Broadcasting. Granted, I don't always agree with what he's said (especially about our Jacks), but I enjoyed the hell out of working with him.

Mike... Good luck in wherever you go. Perhaps you'll be the new voice of the Kansas City Royals!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Re: Mike H.

Mike_H and I have not agreed on much when it comes to SDSU and the future of South Dakota and for that we have butted heads. However, he makes his argument based on facts and never lets emotion damage his credibility. Good luck to Mike.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Interesting, I heard for the first time this week the NCC show on KWSN and Mike was the host. I wonder if he will continue with that or if someone else will take it over.

I think Mike has gotten somewhat of a bad rap on this board and wish him the best of luck in the future.

edit: maybe he is headed to KDLT?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

MikeH is not headed to KDLT. He will continue on the radio throughout South Dakota. That's all I'll say right now though.

Comment

Sounds like we can look forward to more SDSU bashing if Mike stays in SD. He may be a "good guy" but I hated his anti SDSU agenda. Fortunately I live in Missouri and didnt have to listen to him much.

Comment

Fortunately, I live in SD and don't have to listen to him at all! ;D

In all seriousness, good luck to Mike in whatever he does.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                MikeH is not headed to KDLT.  He will continue on the radio throughout South Dakota.  That's all I'll say right now though.
                Yep, I was actually posting the edit in jest as he often jokes about his radio face.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

The Sioux Falls Market deserves a higher level local talk radio program than KWSN produces. I lose respect for people who many times seem unprepared for their job and are just shooting from the hip.

Comment

It was announced on the Craig and Mike show that Mike will be taking over the syndicated talk show The Sports Max. The show was started 10 years ago by Tom Maxwell and taken over by his wife after Tom's untimely passing. Mike will be taking over the reigns of the show.

That leaves a heck of a hole. Whatever you think of the show Mike was definitely the MVP.

Comment

I think Deb Maxwell has tried very hard to carry on a very sucessful program that was started by her late husband Tom. There have been a number of great programs that have included SDSU people. I think Mike is a professional and has a very good radio voice. No doubts there as far as ability so he will be a great host. I dont think we will see that much editorializing. The show tries to allow a certain athlete or coach to tell his/her story, and the MC has to ask the right questions to make the story worthwhile. Mike will do a good job. I noticed that when he was doing the Jackrabbit Report, he was much more polite towards SDSU than he was on his show. He knew which side of his bread was buttered.

Mike wants to put food on the table like everyone else so will do what is required of him.

I think the Craig and Mike show allowed and encouraged editorializing and I think they knocked SDSU often because their service area included points south including Vermillion, plus they were competing against Jeff Culhane being on at the same time slot. In Sioux Falls you have all the Augie dogies and USF people so, maybe these were the reasons for giving us a knock now and then.

I wish Mike the best of luck at SportsMax. Its a great show. The late Tom Maxwell was a SDSU grad btw.

Comment

Working...
                      X