Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argus podcast with the new SDSU beat reporter

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...arams=Id=46311

If you skip past the USD vs Augie talk, Stu and Mick talk with Terry the new SDSU beat reporter.  At the very end they start talking about this board and I think its Stu thats gets in a jab at jackmd.  You'll have to listen.
    Go State! Go State!

Re: Argus podcast with the new SDSU beat reporter

Wow!

jackmd is not a real doctor
    largely have three fingers on each hand and have no idea what they are talking about
    Obviously someone in the "serious" media has taken way to much time to peruse our board, and it seems has taken a little dislike to they way things go down on here. I know they were making off handed comments, in jest I would assume, but still, why take the time to comment if it didn't bother you.

Defend yourself jackmd.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I have never listened to Stu and Mick before listening to this show.  I know that some SDSU fans have been irritated with Stu for what they believe is poor coverage of the Jackrabbits.  Some currently feel that the Collegian writers are better.  Well, it turns out that not only are the Collegian writers better, so is the sportswriter at the Volante down in Vermillion.  Take a look at the article at the link below and you will see all kinds of quotes about both teams, both from the players and coaches point of view.  I read the article that Stu wrote in the Argus Leader earlier in the week and it was not nearly as good.

http://www.volanteonline.com/

You will need to navigate around the site a little and go to the sports section.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
        Wow!

largely have three fingers on each hand and have no idea what they are talking about
        Obviously someone in the "serious" media has taken way to much time to peruse our board, and it seems has taken a little dislike to they way things go down on here. I know they were making off handed comments, in jest I would assume, but still, why take the time to comment if it didn't bother you.

Defend yourself jackmd.
        I don't think the people on this board have been any harder on the Argus than we've been on our own SDSU teams when they don't produce.

The difference is that our coaches and athletes take the high road, buckle down, work hard, and produce. The Argus (Stu, at least) seems content to whine about how unfair we fans are.

Respect isn't given, it's earned. Even for newspapers, writers, and columnists.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Some reporters have the ability to draw you into the story or game without noticing who it was written by and some reporters have egos that drive them to become part of the story.  Editorial columns are a whole different ball game where they have the freedom to express themselves and thier opinions.  When reporting, give an honest account of the event whether it's good or bad and save the editorial comments for individual columns.  

Back to the podcast!

When they get introduced on the podcasts by a lady saying "HERE'S YOUR SUPERSTARS!"

PPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!

The new beat writer did a decent job and gave some fair comparisons that can be seen on the surface when compared to NDSU.  In time, I hope he can look a the whole picture objectively and fend of the obvious bias that Stu and Mick have against SDSU.  Nothing he said gave me the impression that he wouldn't be open minded.  I look forward to seeing his work.

Stu threw in a number of his usual comments that went beyond reporting but I'll give him lattitude due to the type of media involved.  I was quite suprised he spent a minute talking about us "Idiots on the SDSU Chat Room".  That is minor league journalism!  He doesn't seem to take that kind of tone with anyone from anywhere else.  We evidently bruised his shallow little ego with some of our comments on here.  Grow up Stu, it's an online chat forum where "idiots" like myself can say just about anything we want without accountability.  Everything on here should be taken with a grain of salt.

Stu, we may have gone overboard with the "Stu-pid" thread in this chat room but those kind of comments only go to show that the thread was on the money.

Respect and report on SDSU and everyone else fairly and you will earn the respect of SDSU fans and everyone else!  If that is too big of a concept for you, then we have identified "the idiot"!

Blissfully annonymous,

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I have a family member that works in the media in Sioux Falls. He tells me that Stu is a pretty decent guy but that he has to put this negative spin on everything. I constantly hear him say "That's just Stu"

I could have bought that until he attacked members of this board. How small is he or does he feel about himself?

I would think this would call for some type of corrective action from his editors. But I don't suspect that would happen.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

I found it I found it the real meaning of stupid ;D

Comment

Bluehatman, great post! You, however, need to add this to the "Stu Strikes Again" thread on the Smack Board.

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1161110637

For anyone who doesn't typically venture over to the Smack Board, I encourage you to post classic Stu-moments over there.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                  Wow!

Only two comments from me on the podcast:

Stu Whitney is not a real journalist.

People who read this board have a better idea what they are talking about than people who read Stu's "articles" when it comes to SDSU athletics.

“I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The Argus web casts are typically tounge-in-cheek, you have to have a sense of humor when you listen to them. But you Bunnie fans are way to serious about your Jacks so I am not surprised you are offended.

It was great the way they called out the Pompous Doctor!

Comment

I was going to comment on this post, but I realized... he's just not worth it.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

SUPERBUNNY

Junior

Go Big, Go Blue, GO
                        JACKS!!!!!

Re: Stu Strikes Again!
                        Reply #19 - Today at 11:39am      It's funny to me how this whole thing plays out!

Isn't the goal of a newspaper to sell papers?  Isn't the only reason to buy a paper would be to get information?

Assuming a yes answer to both of those questions, it is very obvious that Stu doesn't get it.  The relationship between SDSU Athletics and the Argus Leader should be a win-win deal for both parties.  It probably will be once we start playing in the Mid-Conference and continue to have more successes.  Stu seems to be burning his bridge and may have to repair it at some point.  Will he get the chance or get the axe?  It will be interesting!

SUPERBUNNY  
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Proudly going where no school in South Dakota has ever gone before!    

I posted this on another thread but thought it applies here as well!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I posted my rant on the other (Smack) thread, but I'm done with it.

Time to move on, let's go Rabbits, beat the Mustangs. I can't wait to see Terry V's first story (yes, in the ARGUS--well, on the abomination which is the Argus' web site, anyway).
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sportsfan is back trying to stir the pot how familiar.  You get kicked off the Argus Forum again or are you like everyone else and just gave up trying to navigate that site?  Certain things should be taken with a grain of salt but when you call people idiots and Not real doctors over the airways (Yes the pod cast is over the airways), you are boardering on edge of legality.  

Get a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
                              Sportsfan is back trying to stir the pot how familiar.  You get kicked off the Argus Forum again or are you like everyone else and just gave up trying to navigate that site?  Certain things should be taken with a grain of salt but when you call people idiots and Not real doctors over the airways (Yes the pod cast is over the airways), you are bording on edge of legality.  

Get a clue.

I think you have hit the veritable nail on the head here den. I think the good doctor and MJA ought to get together and have some fun with the Argus and Stu. Put some pressure on them and see what happens. Now that would be funny
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X