South Dakota First Round FB Playoff Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota First Round FB Playoff Scores

Since I have to be here anyway at the station, updating the website, I figure what the hell.

Holy Crap! West Central got BEAT!!!

Class 11AA
    Region 1
    Sioux Falls O'Gorman 37, Brookings 17
    Sioux Falls Roosevelt 52, Watertown 38
    Region 2
    Brandon Valley 38, Sioux Falls Lincoln 14
    Sioux Falls Washington 23, Yankton 19
    Region 3
    Aberdeen Central 16, Pierre 8
    Mitchell/Mitchell Christian 49, Douglas 7
    Region 4
    Rapid City Central 33, Spearfish 7
    Rapid City Stevens 36, Sturgis 14

Class 11A
    Region 1
    Madison 50, Sisseton 0
    Dell Rapids 41, Milbank 6
    Region 2
    Canton 24, Lennox 21
    Harrisburg 28, West Central 14
    Region 3
    Little Wound 14, Todd County 12
    Winner 28, Vermillion 7
    Region 4
    Custer 44, Pine Ridge 0
    Belle Fourche 14, Hot Springs 12

Class 11B
    Region 1
    Aberdeen Roncalli 51, Deuel 0
    Britton-Hecla 34, Groton Area 12
    Region 2
    Parkston 6, Flandreau 3
    Elk Point Jefferson 14, Garretson 6
    Region 3
    Howard 30, Miller 13
    Wagner 20, Bon Homme 0
    Region 4
    St. Thomas More 60, Red Cloud 6
    Stanley County 28, Bennett County 0

Class 9AA
    Region 1
    Eureka/Bowdle 35, Arlington 6
    Langford/Roslyn 34, Ipswich 8
    Region 2
    Elkton 52, Florence/Henry 0
    Clark 25, Tea Area 24
    Region 3
    Parker 55, Deubrook 14
    Marion/Hurley 46, Irene/Wakonda 6
    Region 4
    Gregory 52, Lyman 12
    Stickney/Mt. Vernon 40, Tripp-Delmont/Armour 28

Class 9A
    Region 1
    Castlewood 27, Warner 6
    Northwestern Area 41, Estelline 14
    Region 2
    Hanson 30, Doland/Conde 0
    Scotland 44, Centerville 0
    Region 3
    Gettysburg 44, Sully Buttes 0
    Timber Lake/Isabel 32, Highmore/Harrold 8
    Region 4
    Kimball 50, Kadoka 0
    Philip 52, Campbell County 12

Class 9B
    Region 1
    Grant-Deuel 38, Sunshine Bible Academy 0
    Waverly/South Shore 54, Dupree 6
    Region 2
    Iroquois 56, Montrose 12
    Sanborn Central 52, Dell Rapids St. Mary 16
    Region 3
    Avon 48, Menno 6
    Colome 52, Viborg 0
    Region 4
    Harding County 58, Selby Area 6
    Lower Brule 64, Faith 12
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Re: South Dakota First Round FB Playoff Scores

A new champion with West Central falling. The good news for west Central is that Harrisburg will most likely be moving up a class in the not to distant future.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
      A new champion with West Central falling. The good news for west Central is that Harrisburg will most likely be moving up a class in the not to distant future.

If I was a gambling man, I would bet that in the next 10-15 years Tea, Harrisburg, and West Central will all become AA schools, rounding that division out at 20 schools instead of the 17 school abomination that currently exists.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

The AA ranks are at 17 schools because SF O'Gorman was ranked 17th at one point due to increased enrollment at Douglas. For various reasons, the SDHSAA changed the AA requirements to 450 headcount instead of the 16 largest schools. Those three schools outside SF will likely be AA in the future, particularly Harrisburg and Tea. SF has no plans for another high school and I doubt Rapid City is trying to build a third high school anymore.

FYI: Harrisburg School District voters narrowly rejected a bond issue for about $40 million in building projects, including a new high school that would have inital room for 800; expect to see the issue return soon since Harrisburg will keep growing.

Comment

From what I heard about O'Gorman being 11AA is when they added the AA division years back, O'Gorman didn't have enough students to be put in the AA division, but they wanted to so they got a waiver from the SDHSAA and they were playing AA when they could have been playing A. Since then, their enrollment has gone up so they are now considered AA.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
            [quote author=1bunnies link=1161745740/0#1 date=1161756195]A new champion with West Central falling. The good news for west Central is that Harrisburg will most likely be moving up a class in the not to distant future.

If I was a gambling man, I would bet that in the next 10-15 years Tea, Harrisburg, and West Central will all become AA schools, rounding that division out at 20 schools instead of the 17 school abomination that currently exists.[/quote]

The way the demographics are moving in the Sioux Falls area, this does not seem unreasonable. Tea Area has enough enrollment to move up to 11B next season. Thats what the Argus this week. The rest of the state seems to be trying their best to keep 9 man programs going. Seems like there are new coops every year. ORR seems to be and old establish program now. For those unfamiliar with ORR, its Oldham, Rutland and Ramona. who were once part of a six man conference with Sinai. Long time ago.

Comment

Hey Jackrabbit1 What happened to Arlington? I know they lost their best three players to graduation but they were still dominant early and then absolutely dropped off at the end.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

I'm not Jackrabbit1, but Arlington was hit hard by the injury bug. I heard they lost 4 starters to injury and in 9 man football that is ALOT.

Comment

Here's a link to SDHSAA website. If you click on the general school info button, you can download a spreadsheet listing all schools and their enrollment.

http://www.sdhsaa.com/schoolzone/dir...ctorymain.aspx

Douglas(531) has a higher enrollment than Huron(522), O'Gorman(494), and Spearfish(490). From what I know, Douglas's enrollment tends to be fairly unstable from year to year because a large part of their student body is made up of military kids who tend to move in and out of the district on a regular basis.

West Central (275) is #23, Harrisburg(215) is #37, and Tea(139) is #56.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

At least Miller made the playoffs. That is a huge step up from getting 45'd by the majority of the teams they have played in the last 5-6 years.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

That, 1bunnies, and a lot of inexperience... good athletes, but when you had guys like King, Boeck, Pickner, etc., the others don't get much playing time, with the exception of "mop-up" duty.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

With that in mind, one of the most intriguing matchups this Monday is going to be Madison and Dell Rapids in the Region 1 finals. Both teams 7-2, also had blowout wins in the first round. And the winner will host a semi-final game. With West Central out of the picture, it's anyone's title.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

How bout them Roncalli Cavaliers. They are absolutely pounding people (0 points given up this season)

let me restate that

0 Points given up this SEASON

"The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Impressive, but I also remember in 1993 when Beresford also gave up no points all season long. They met Harrisburg in the first round of the playoffs and were thumped.

As my old band teacher used to say "Any team can beat any other team on any given day."
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                              As my old band teacher used to say "Any team can beat any other team on any given day."
                              Your band teacher said that? Geez, my band teacher probably didn't even know what sport was being played much less which team we were playing.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X