State B players to watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State B players to watch

I don't know enough about all the teams so I'm just going to do a players list for B's

Mitchell Christian-
    Jared Odens -- One of the more athletic post in the state
    Ben Friesen-- Great Shooter will need to get bigger if he wants to play in college

Faith-- Luke Enos-- reminds me of Mike Miller, commited to BHSU, 6-7 but can play the 1-2-3-4-5 on the floor

White River-- Louie Krogman-- best 2 guard in the state, can light it up period, not the fastest guard but has the fastest cross over to a jump shot i have ever seen.. Taller then alot of people make him out to be.. Could be a SDSU recruit but more likley will go to a true Mid-Major

Armour-- Mark Mingo-- Great Shooter
    Jason Ledaboer-- great sophomore took off Jr. year to recover from shoulder injury
    Craig Holbek-- Great playe has really grown with expierence,

I don't know about Michael Nour but I heard a rumor in Armour 3 years ago that the reason Glanzer has stayed is to coach the kid.. could be a kid to watch out for...

Re: State B players to watch

I'd really like/appreciate to read what Cadsev has to say about the B's and the A's.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
      I'd really like/appreciate to read what Cadsev has to say about the B's and the A's.
      What happened to him? I miss his insights.

Comment

Mitchell Christian
        Has been top ranked team since knocking off White River in the Hanson Classic.  Solid team and well coached.  Good enough to win it all.

Jared Odens -- Team leader in many areas and won't disappoint in tournament.  
        Ben Friesen --  Good outside shooter with range beyond the arc.  Not very big, but is among leaders on squad in scoring

Estelline
        Really don't expect much from them, therefore they'll most likely win it all    

Langford
        Expected this team to have success next year so seeing them in the tournament a year earlier is a small surprise.  The team is young and loaded with solid Class B talent.

Jeff Tobin -- Smart scoring guard who is the leader of the team.  Will be exciting player to watch in the tournament.  

Sully Buttes

Traditional tournament team in recent years.  Surprised all when they made the tournament last year and not a shock to see them this year.  Will be surprised if they beat Langford but could happen.

Weston Kusser -- Leader of team and a solid Senior player.  Needs to lead the team for them to have success.
        Ryan Yackley -- Cousin of Blake Yackley and one of 4 8th graders who started at the Class A or B level in SD this season (Jacobson - Viborg, Kreutzfeldt - Chester and Horstman - Winner).

Faith
        Not a team loaded with depth but does have solid starters.  Don't think they will be playing in the evening sessions.  Tough first round opponent may send them to the sunshine bracket.

Luke Enos -- BHSU bound senior who is versitle at the Class B level but will see most of his college action at the 4/5 position.  Athletic and decent handles but not consistent of a shooter to play beyond the arc.

Hurley
        Team has depth, solid athletes and played a quality schedule to prepare them for postseason.  They never really faced a challenge in Districts or Regions.  Question is if the team can play together three days in a row and show enough dicipline to win a title.  No question that they have the talent to get it done but consistency is an issue.

Colter Boyer -- Strong, athletic football build but moves gracefully on the court for a big man.  Will play college football and bypass hoops.  Has had a solid Class B HS Career.
        Heath Hult -- Tall, lean athletic kid who can turn it on or go away completely.  Needs to have three solid games next weekend for this team to make a run at the title.
        Bo LaCroix -- Athletic Soph who has been steady all season for the team.  Had a solid Region and District and needs to continue to contribute to the team in positive ways.

White River
        No question Louie is the man and can score.  The big question is will he score enough three games in a row to carry the team to a title.  As easily as they could make it to Saturday night they have a tough road against Armour the first round and the semi-finals won't be a cake walk.  

Louie Krogman -- Not sure there is anything more I can add to his resume.  The state tournament time is the time for big time players to lead their team.  If he can lead the team (not just put them on his back) and get everyone involved this team will have success.  If Louie has to shoot 40 times a game for the team to win it won't translate into W's.  His recruitment is up in the air.  I'll refrain from speculation and leave it at that.

Armour
        If anyone could knock off White River in the first round it's Armour.  They are well coached and the entire town will head to Aberdeen to support the team.  They have talent and could pull off the upset (perceived upset) the first round.  White River needs to play it one game at a time because if they look past Armour they will get beat.

Mark Mingo -- Solid athlete who has had a great career at Armour.  Will land at an NAIA school and have a solid collegiate career as well.  Can score from anywhere on the court and needs a big game round one to get the team off on the right foot.
        Jason Ledeboer -- Great blood lines but not as good as Austin.  Still solid player who will contribute.

Comment

Thanks for the reviews. Hope you do the A's also. Got to see quite a few of these players at the Hansen Classic. Although I will be attending the AA, I think the B's are still fun to watch.

Comment

Krogman was offered a full ride to SDSU after his freshman year. Boots at USD has recruited him since he was in 7th grade and they have a good relationship. He is being recruited by a couple of real notables like Iowa and Gonzaga at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks r us
              Krogman was offered a full ride to SDSU after his freshman year.  Boots at USD has recruited him since he was in 7th grade and they have a good relationship.  He is being recruited by a couple of real notables like Iowa and Gonzaga at this time.  
              For those of you who are in the know on our BB recruiting, does it look like we might have a shot at Louie after next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life
                [quote author=jacks r us link=1173592669/0#5 date=1173656168]Krogman was offered a full ride to SDSU after his freshman year.  Boots at USD has recruited him since he was in 7th grade and they have a good relationship.  He is being recruited by a couple of real notables like Iowa and Gonzaga at this time.  
                For those of you who are in the know on our BB recruiting, does it look like we might have a shot at Louie after next year? [/quote]

This has been a very heated discussion on this forum. You can read what Cadsev (a person in the know about recruits) has to say about the 2008-09 recruits. Scroll down to get the Louie posts.
                http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1160372003

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU
                  [quote author=Jack4Life link=1173592669/0#6 date=1173660701][quote author=jacks r us link=1173592669/0#5 date=1173656168]Krogman was offered a full ride to SDSU after his freshman year.  Boots at USD has recruited him since he was in 7th grade and they have a good relationship.  He is being recruited by a couple of real notables like Iowa and Gonzaga at this time.  
                  For those of you who are in the know on our BB recruiting, does it look like we might have a shot at Louie after next year? [/quote]

This has been a very heated discussion on this forum.  You can read what Cadsev (a person in the know about recruits) has to say about the 2008-09 recruits.  Scroll down to get the Louie posts.

[/quote]I would like to know what Cadsev credentials are since some of us do not know him. Could you please inform us on how he know everything and why his comments are not considered rumors.

Thank you!

Comment

[quote author=UWMandSDSU link=1173592669/0#7 date=1173661673][quote author=Jack4Life link=1173592669/0#6 date=1173660701][quote author=jacks r us link=1173592669/0#5 date=1173656168]Krogman was offered a full ride to SDSU after his freshman year.  Boots at USD has recruited him since he was in 7th grade and they have a good relationship.  He is being recruited by a couple of real notables like Iowa and Gonzaga at this time.  

This has been a very heated discussion on this forum.  You can read what Cadsev (a person in the know about recruits) has to say about the 2008-09 recruits.  Scroll down to get the Louie posts.

[/quote]I would like to know what Cadsev credentials are since some of us do not know him.  Could you please inform us on how he know everything and why his comments are not considered rumors.

Thank you!
                    [/quote]
                    Why don't you send him a pm to find out for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                      [quote author=jacks r us link=1173592669/0#8 date=1173666816][quote author=UWMandSDSU link=1173592669/0#7 date=1173661673][quote author=Jack4Life link=1173592669/0#6 date=1173660701][quote author=jacks r us link=1173592669/0#5 date=1173656168]Krogman was offered a full ride to SDSU after his freshman year.  Boots at USD has recruited him since he was in 7th grade and they have a good relationship.  He is being recruited by a couple of real notables like Iowa and Gonzaga at this time.  

[/quote]I would like to know what Cadsev credentials are since some of us do not know him.  Could you please inform us on how he know everything and why his comments are not considered rumors.

Thank you!
                      [/quote]
                      Why don't you send him a pm to find out for yourself [/quote]

What is it top secret? this is getting abit stupid bluehat!

Comment

Cadsev is a credibile source, no doubt. He is in the know

Comment

Krogman was offered a full ride to SDSU after his freshman year.  Boots at USD has recruited him since he was in 7th grade and they have a good relationship.  He is being recruited by a couple of real notables like Iowa and Gonzaga at this time.  
                          I hesitate to respond to this because it will stir the pot again but lets take them one at a time:

1.)  Yes SDSU offered him after his freshman summer and pulled back on the offer at the end of his Sophomore summer.

2.)  Yes Coach Boots has known LK for quite some time.  His son and Louie played on the same traveling team for many years.  It would not surprise me if they have offered Louie, not sure if it has happened yet, have not inquired.

3.)  Iowa and Gonzaga may have sent an initial questionaire to LK but thousands of kids each day receive questionaires from schools.  This does not indicate level of interest, it only gets the ball rolling.  A few years ago I received a questionaire from Michigan telling me that I was the type of student athlete they were looking for in their basketball program.  I was 32 at the time.  Many confuse this with active recruitment when it is just the initial stage.  Many high major athletes who are juniors in high school have received offers at this point in time in their careers from high major DI schools, especially in today's world of recruitment.  At the very least they are having coaches come to their games. Now this isn't to say that Louie couldn't earn a High Major offer, but again I pose the question.....how many 6 foot guards that score a ton of points do other states posess? Would a high major venture to SD to track a kid that exists right in their back yard. There is a reason Joe Krabbenhoft, Mike Miller and Jared Reiner all went High Major DI. They were either very tall skilled athletes or extremely tall post players. Funny thing is that most everyone in SD thought all three sucked and would fail but then a 6 foot guard comes along and well if you try to rationalize with people then you have committed the greatest sin.

While it's been reported on other message boards that Iowa and Duke were at White River games this year, it's simply not true.  One stated that a Duke recruiter (otherwise known as an assistant men's basketball coach) was at a game because he wore a Duke badge.  Last time I checked the college coaches (recruiters) do not wear identifying badges and they certainly do not carry clip boards to games.  Most likely that was a SD HS coach there scouting a game wearing the sweatshirt of his favorite college.   Many can name head DI basketball coaches but have no idea who the assistant coaches are at each school.  It's easy to confuse a HS coach with an assistant coach.  Louie will eventually earn a great scholarship but like other information posted on message boards, we should stick with facts and not rumors.  It's not fair to Louie.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

The greatest thing about the "B" tourney is that everyone in the state can now see Louie and judge for themselves just how good he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X