Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Fire News in Brookings

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../NEWS/70416034

As if there wasn't enought work to do with hunting down the Garage Fire Arsonist, The Brookings Fire Department head is accused of being involved in vandalism around town.

Re: More Fire News in Brookings

All I can say is WOW! But let's not make any assumptions until he's charged and found guilty. This could easily get out of hand quickly.

Comment

The fire chief didn't do the damage. He was driving home two employees from the sheriffs department and those two did the damage to a campaign sign. The fire chief was suspended for 3 weeks because he didn't stop the two men or report it. Seems like some of the fireman think Stanwick has it against them but Stanwick says that's not the case. This was all from Monday's Brookings Register.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

YEs, but he was in the officially marked fire chief vehicle that he drives, and the sign would have never been vandalized if he wouldn't have stopped, he knew what they were going to do and he allowed it to happen, pretty irresponisble I think. He is lucky that he did not get fired, state emplolyees cant use state vehicles to pick up drunkards..... heck they cant even use the state vehicle to stop for coffee on thier way out of town to a conference or any other work issue.....

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitz
          YEs, but he was in the officially marked fire chief vehicle that he drives, and the sign would have never been vandalized if he wouldn't have stopped, he knew what they were going to do and he allowed it to happen, pretty irresponisble I think.  He is lucky that he did not get fired, state emplolyees cant use state vehicles to pick up drunkards..... heck they cant even use the state vehicle to stop for coffee on thier way out of town to a conference or any other work issue.....
          I don't think he's a state employee. However, your point is taken.

Comment

Right (not a state employee), prob a city employee, I guess what I am also trying to say is, -------be smart (er) when your in your city marked vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitz
              YEs, but he was in the officially marked fire chief vehicle that he drives, and the sign would have never been vandalized if he wouldn't have stopped, he knew what they were going to do and he allowed it to happen, pretty irresponisble I think.  He is lucky that he did not get fired, state emplolyees cant use state vehicles to pick up drunkards..... heck they cant even use the state vehicle to stop for coffee on thier way out of town to a conference or any other work issue.....

My comment about the fire chief not doing the damage to a campaign sign was just to make that statement, not to defend him dropping the people off who did the damage. Since I had read the info, I passed on the info I had so readers would know what the subject involved. The comment about some of the fireman believing Stanwick has it out for them was from the paper. I did not defend the fire chief, just posted the info I had. >
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

The whole thing sounds jr. highish. They all deserve whatever they get.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I was leaving the bar last night, and a female cop pulled up in front of ray's corner, stopped for a while, then picked up two of her friends just jumped in and drove off laughing at us with the window down. I thought in lieu of all the stuff going on in city vehicles used in that way, i was offended.

Comment

Your offended that a police officer gave 2 people (friends or not) a ride home. This is not even close to what the fire chief did, if all he would have done was to give them a ride home, that would have been great... but he didn't, did he.

Comment

It was a bad choice or choices by the Fire Chief to do what he did back in November. He is indeed lucky he still has a job.

Unfortuately, we don't know any more about the actual and destructive fires that seemed to have occurred in the past few weeks. Are they all mutually exclusive happenings, or do we have a piramaniac running around the community starting fires? I hope the Chief will be working with the State Fire Marshall when gets back off his suspension to find out and get to the bottom of this problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X