USD Pres Abbott -- class move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Pres Abbott -- class move

I know it's been popular with some posters to rip Jim Abbott, USD's President, when given the chance.  I am only slightly acquainted with Abbott and find him to be a nice guy who is genuinely interested in higher education and knows the value of higher education and its role in development of this state and region.  I recall Abbott saying such nice things about State's School of Pharmacy when one of my sons committed to attend SDSU for Pharmacy after being recruited to attend USD.  

I think Abbot and Pres. Chicoine will work well together and with only limited resources being available for higher education, a good working relationship is important.  There may be times when we are competing for the same dollars and when that occurs, both SDSU and USD have quality people making the best case possible for their institutions.  As a State, better decisions are made when the top institutions are run by quality people.  

Here's a link to a new item from USD's on-line Volante newspaper about Abbott donating a kidney to a colleague, USD's Chief Diversity Officer, Bruce King. That's a real selfless act that says a great deal about a person.

http://media.www.volanteonline.com/m...mlemailedition

I hope we still kick the crap out of the Coyotes when given the chance but once in a while we see a reminder that they're people too.

GO JACKRABBITS! Hit the Summit League running!

Re: USD Pres Abbott -- class move

Moderator deleted the post because it was smack.

Comment

I going to weigh in and agree with JackJD, the donation of a kidney was a class act. Maybe its the Democrat in me, but Abbott has done a pretty good job at USD. He seems to have worked the hardest of any recent USD president. Since Abbott has been successful in business, I did not think that success would carry over to the academic field. I think the leadership at USD is not something we need to discount. They are going to be places besides on the athletic fields and hopfully SDSU president will find ways to work with Abbott. I know a number of people would agree that the USD-SDSU competition off the field has often been very counter productive.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
        Maybe its the Democrat in me
        He'll be costly to remove, but as long as he votes next fall, I'm sure it will be worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X