Amateur Baseball State Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur Baseball State Tourney

State tourney started tonight in Sioux Falls. I prefer it in Mitchell but still hold an interest. I'll be pulling for Castlewood playing their first game Friday against Parkston at 5:30. Defending state champs Redfield play later that night. I've got some interest in Bryant, also. Not sure who won the first game tonight but Crofton leads 3-1 over Clearfield in the 6th right now. It would be great if Clark upset PBR but that seems unlikely.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Amateur Baseball State Tourney

PBR won 6-3
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Clearfield scored 4 in the 9th last night and defeated Crofton, one Nebraska team down, one to go.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Bryant, Larchwood, Menno, and Chamberlain all won close games yesterday. I'm headed up to Sioux Falls this afternoon to watch the games tonight.

Comment

Humboldt-Hartford rallied from a 6-0 deficit to beat Wynot, Nebraska, 8-6.

Three out-of-state teams down, one more to go!

Martin and Tabor in a rain delay.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
            Humboldt-Hartford rallied from a 6-0 deficit to beat Wynot, Nebraska, 8-6.

Three out-of-state teams down, one more to go!

Martin and Tabor in a rain delay.
            Beautiful!! Wynot is tough, glad to see them go. I am heading up there as soon as I get done this afternoon. Hope the rain passes although I know we need it.

Comment

Tabor, Castlewood, Redfield (defending B champs) and Humboldt win. Brookings beats Renner Roadrunners in 17 innings. Not even sure who won the late game in Yankton last night.

Comment

Good to see three out of the four EDL teams still in, although I'm not sure any one of them will make it out of the second round.

Comment

yeah, the edl is going to have a tough time getting through the next round, got some tough matchups, which is that way it should work. bryant probably has the best second round matchup.

Comment

Made it up for the Castlewood vs Redfield game. Redfield handled Castlewood without much trouble.

Montrose, Dells PBR and Mudcats, Irene, Larchwood, Redfield still alive.

Larchwood and PBR are in the semis.

Redfield plays Montrose at 6 pm

Mudcats play Irene at 8 pm

Riverboat days here in Yankton and I'm working this weekend or I would be headed to Sioux Falls. Some great baseball will be played.

Comment

Today's Schedule

11:00 a.m. Brookings Cubbys vs. Renner Roadrunners (State "A" Elimination game)

1:00 p.m. Dell Rapids PBR vs. Larchwood (State "B" Semifinal)

5:30 p.m. Brookings/Renner winner vs. Rapid City Angels (State "A" Elimination game)

7:30 p.m. Dell Rapids Mudcats vs. Montrose (State "B" Semifinal)

The Brookings game(s) will be on 1430 KBRK... The PBR-Larchwood game will be on AM 1390 (MD, you should be able to tune in to this one), while the Mudcats-Montrose game will be on FM 103.1.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Monarchs beat Brookings for the state A title.

PBR beat the Mudcats for the B title.

Watched most of the B game on KSFY. I believe it was the 9th title for PBR and at least that many for Renner.

Didn't hear who the tourney MVP went to. Matt Wilbur pitched 9 innings Sat night and then came in early in the game yesterday. His arm is going to fall off one of these days. He had a home run.

My former coach Mick Hoglund can still hit the ball.

I think the Canaries did a solid job. Weather cooperated and it was a good tourney.

Is it back in Mitchell next year?

Comment

The games will be back in Mitchell next year and the year after.

Mick was never my coach, as I was in wrestling at DRHS. But he was our class advisor after Mike Storm left.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            The games will be back in Mitchell next year and the year after.

Mick was never my coach, as I was in wrestling at DRHS. But he was our class advisor after Mike Storm left.
                            Mick was one of the first guys I had as a baseball coach back in Lake Norden. Great coach and great person.

Glad to see the games return to Mitchell.

Comment

I haven't talked to Matt yet to see what he had to say about yesterday's game. Figured I'd let it settle a bit, but he pitched 9 on Saturday and 8 2/3 yesterday. He didn't exactly have the healthiest arm going in.

Landon Klock, erstwhile Jackrabbit for a semester and Lennox Grad, was named MVP for 2 wins, a save and hitting .300 for the tourney.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                              X