Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THINGS ARE KIND OF QUIET ON THE OL' SMACK BOARD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THINGS ARE KIND OF QUIET ON THE OL' SMACK BOARD!

Where have all the Buzzards gone? They obviously just like dead things. The Jackrabbits are definately alive and kicking. Must have gone on to easier prey.

News flash! The GSU women's basketball team has signed an international recruit to their team for the 2004-2005 season. Miss Svet-lanna Korbuski (a former Miss Russia in 2001) is expected to present a strong presence inside the paint this coming year.

http://funnyfreepics.com/funny-15.php

Turns out Miss Korbuski is related to TALON (ALL CAPS). But then so is everyone else in Georgia. She hopes to someday marry a fellow GSU student and settle down in Georgia.;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Re: THINGS ARE KIND OF QUIET ON THE OL' SMACK BOAR

JBNJBQ,

You can always visit the Bison board. They have two Rabbit smack threads going on right now. All done in fun of course.

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      JBNJBQ,

You can always visit the Bison board.  They have two Rabbit smack threads going on right now.  All done in fun of course.

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Go State!  ;D
      I've been there but have not seen anything that makes me think I should even mess with them. Bison are pretty much just big hairy stupid animals. All they seem to talk about is eating. Maybe that's why they had to be protected from exSTINKtion. Too dumb to know how to mate. You are doing a nice job of keeping them monitored for the rest of us. Don't step in anything while you are up there. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Here is a little information about the Eagles to make you feel better:

our running back Jermaine Austin was named a top three back in the nation http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...3rdandlong.htm

and our quarterback was named to the top 10 http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...ong_060304.htm

and according to Eagles.org
        Bald Eagles feed primarily on fish, but also eat small animals (ducks, coots, muskrats, turtles, rabbits, snakes, etc.) and occasional carrion (dead animals). They swoop down to seize fish in their powerful, long and sharp talons (approximately 1,000 pounds of pressure per square inch in each foot). They can carry their food off in flight.

Look to witness this feeding process on October 30

http://www.georgiasouthern.edu/~rmikell2/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_the_Eagle
          Here is a little information about the Eagles to make you feel better:

our running back Jermaine Austin was named a top three back in the nation  http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...3rdandlong.htm

and our quarterback was named to the top 10 http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...ong_060304.htm

and according to Eagles.org
          Bald Eagles feed primarily on fish, but also eat small animals (ducks, coots, muskrats, turtles, rabbits, snakes, etc.) and occasional carrion (dead animals). They swoop down to seize fish in their powerful, long and sharp talons (approximately 1,000 pounds of pressure per square inch in each foot). They can carry their food off in flight.

Look to witness this feeding process on October 30

BILLY_BOB_THE_EAGLE:

That is much too serious for the smack board! We are going to have to move this post to the football board.

One thing you forgot to mention is that 50% of newborn eagles die in their first year from starvation. They don't catch many rabbits apparently.

Offense fills the stands,
          but DEFENSE wins championships. How is your defense this year? I heard you have a couple of holes.

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
            One thing you forgot to mention is that 50% of newborn eagles die in their first year from starvation.  They don't catch many rabbits apparently.

Offense fills the stands,
            but DEFENSE wins championships.  How is your defense this year?  I heard you have a couple of holes.
            This point adds to the fact that the Eagles who do survive (i.e Georgia Southern) are all the more graceful and majestic. Bird fly in flocks, while Eagles soar alone. Rabbits well...you know

Secondly, I find it funny that a newcomer to 1-AA would dare lecture Georgia Southern on what wins championships. We have been to 8 and won 6. We know how to win championships but thanks for the advice.

(Remember this is smack) Good Luck in the GWC

Comment

I find it funny that a newcomer to 1-AA would dare lecture Georgia Southern on what wins championships. We have been to 8 and won 6. We know how to win championships but thanks for the advice.
              BILLY_BOB_THE_EAGLE:

No one can take away your 6 National Championships. You earned them and can rightly be proud of the accomplishment. But I am sure that you had a STELLAR defense, each of those championship years. Offense alone will not get it done. That was a fact in those years when you were successful. It is also a fact this year. Now to my original question:

I have heard you have a couple of holes in your defense this year. Is that true? Because if it is, you know how comfortable RABBITS are running through holes. In fact I believe even BULLDOGS do very well. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

to tell you the truth i am not sure that the offense of our first years of success could be classified as "stellar." i'll be it, the defense would step up when it needed to, but i tend to believe that our offense during those years were dominated by high powered offenses. (the Hambone named after GSU great QB Tracy Ham) if you look back our at our scores from our first few championships 1985 44-42 1986 48-21 and seasons, you will notice that they were offensive battles. some of the games during those years were the most nerve wracking experiences you could imagine, however Erk and the Eagles seemed to always find a way to win

on to the original question: there were multiple problems last year that led to our abhorrent 7-4 record, including turn-overs and an injured SoCon player of the year QB and yes defense was a problem. in particular a lax, pretty much non-existent, pass rush. in addition to this, one of our stand out corners could not play the season due to grades. there were also rumors of in-fighting between the defensive coordinator (son of our greatest coach) and the head coach. he was eventually ask to leave after this season. our new defensive coordinator is from 1-A Akron and is planning to implement a more coordinated blitz pattern to get us away from the wait and react defense to an attack and kill defense. will our defense be better this year, only time will tell, but I am optimistic

Comment

on to the original question: there were multiple problems last year that led to our abhorrent 7-4 record, including turn-overs and an injured SoCon player of the year QB and yes defense was a problem. in particular a lax, pretty much non-existent, pass rush. in addition to this, one of our stand out corners could not play the season due to grades. there were also rumors of in-fighting between the defensive coordinator (son of our greatest coach) and the head coach. he was eventually ask to leave after this season. our new defensive coordinator is from 1-A Akron and is planning to implement a more coordinated blitz pattern to get us away from the wait and react defense to an attack and kill defense. will our defense be better this year, only time will tell, but I am optimistic
                  Are grades going to be a factor this year?

Comment

not for this gentlemen in question, i think a few others might be in trouble, but not any impact players

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

We, apparently, have no "moderate" smackers!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by JBNJBQ
                          ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

We, apparently, have no "moderate" smackers!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ
                          LOL! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X