What a Town!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Town!!!

The country is focused on the finest sports event in the country this week and where is it - the great city of Omaha, Ne.  The College World SEries - what an event - what a city - what a great place to live!!!  Eat your heart out SD.  You guys do have a nice DQ in Brookings and some fine liquor stores though!!  

Re: What a Town!!!

I will give you that Omaha is a great place to be during the College World Series. Omaha does a fine job with it. Now that SDSU is a D-I school we could get there someday. D-I can't win it unless your in it! ;D

Go State! 8)

Comment

Seriously Jake,
      what enjoyment do you get out of posting on an SDSU message board how enjoyable and wonderful the city of omaha is. Yes, its an allright town, nice zoo, cws, we all understand. We just don't have any connection to omaha right now until we start kicking creighton's a## in athletics. Honestly quit ranting about omaha, its like me talking about your sister, nobody really cares. By the way Brookings only has one liquor store, we like to refer to it as a monopoly.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
        I will give you that Omaha is a great place to be during the College World Series.  Omaha does a fine job with it.  Now that SDSU is a D-I school we could get there someday.  D-I can't win it unless your in it!  ;D

Go State!   8)

Good point "89". We will be PLAYING in that tournament somday soon. UNO fans and players will always be just spectators coming to watch the BIG TIME TEAMS! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Gosh would a hillbilly from South Dakota dare venture our way to the huge City of Omaha, GOLLLEEEE, Shucks Uncle Jed, we can give every one of those cars in Omaha a Hollywood wave. (MIDDLE FINGER) like in the movie of Beverly HIllbillies. We could even pick up some road kill and take it to Johnies Cafe and see if they will cook it for us. Then Elly May could visit some of her criters at the Henry Doorley Zoo. At Rosenblatt we will meet up with the Baldwin Sisters who will sell us some of Papa's recipe. A great time at the ballgame will top off our evening. After that we can park and spend the night in Elmood Park and hope Bison Bob does not show up. If not Bison Bob, some other dude will be their to make a date with Uncle Jed for the Night. Jethro will also be prime meat for some clergyman who just happen to stop by the restroom in Elmood Park. Oh yes look out for those undercover cops. :

Gee these are all the good reasons to visit Omaha.

Lastly you can go to the UNO campus and observe the cheap imitation of Coughlin Campanile called a Clarion of bells. I guess all those trips to Brookings by UNO chancellor convinced Del Weber to put up an imititation of the campanile. I guess he was looking at other things and was not spending all the game in the smelly port a potties on the east side of Coughlin like some of the other UNO fans have. Then complain about the facilities on other message boards.

Oh its great to live in Omaha. So many advantages.

Comment

sdsu fan, Let's take the high road against that jerk-big jake. You say some mean spirited things and you should be ashamed of yourself. What 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of elmwood park is between them.
            I am optimistic about sdsu chances in d1 sports but I suspect it will be awhile until we see the jacks in the college world series unless we build a dome and play indoors.
            SDSU fan - let's keep things on the high road. Go Jacks!!
            PS - Big jake - based on your photo on this site you need to quit spending so much time on this site and get some exercise dude!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
              sdsu fan,  Let's take the high road against that jerk-big jake.   You say some mean spirited things and you should be ashamed of yourself.  What 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of elmwood park is between them.
              Apparently the citizens of the great town of Omaha dont agree about the consenting adults.  Elmwood Park is full of undercover police who arrest those would be suitors who are consenting adults. Its illegal to solict in public.  So that part being part of my parody is not tolerated. Just ask the former AD at NDSU.  Also a high profile Lutheran Church Missouri Synod clergyman was defrocked based on a alleged stop at Elmood Park. So these are real things that have happened in the great town of Omaha. Big Jake would like to think that we are like the Beverly Hillbillies and so all the TV references were included. Since this a smack board, why not have some laughs.

Also this guy Big Jake has referred to SDSU as being a bunch of hillbillies so that why I played on that theme and name calling.  I see nothing mean spirited about this at all. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Hey! That AD was from a small college athletics school before he was the AD at NDSU. I can't remember where, but I think that school plays St. John's. Must be something in the water of small college athletics towns. ;D

Comment

It is good to see that someone else around here is standing up for what is right. Hey, I can't help it if the police are wasting their time on victimless crimes while people drive around here like nuts running red lights all day.
                  Oh yeah by the way for the most part the idea that sdsu brought huge crowds to Omaha is generally fiction. Usually they brought 200 people many of who probably already lived in Omaha. I think the only time I can remember a huge crowd was when you beat us in bb 3 years ago bb when we had alvin mitchell and we were really good. Granted 200 is a hell of lot more than we bring but it isn't that much to really make much of a difference. But I will admit I have been to brookings about 6 times for uno bb games and most of those times my son and I are the only fans from uno who aren't parents/relatives. Pretty shameful.

Comment

While I would really like to rip on the town of Omaha, I can't . Lived there for awhile and it was really a pretty decent place to live. CWS is awesome, for any baseball fan. However, Omaha citizens need to wake up and realize that UNO plays some decent sports. The envy of what is down the road in Lincoln is quite unbelievable. Maybe that is why smackers are so jealous about SDSU moving up ahead of them also.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Contrary to public opinion I am not jealous of sdsu moving up to d1.  I am a huge uno fan but also attend a handful of Creighton games and a couple of Husker bb games a year with my son.  If I want to see big time hoops I can to a Big 12 game or I can see mid major in omaha.  Didn't think UNO had the resources to go d1 and I feel the same about unc, too.   Just bc I disagreed with your move does not make me jealous.  Anytime I want to see good d1 ball it is available around here unlike that stuff you will be playing as a d1 independent or wanabe. Most people I know at UNO aren't jealous of the Huskers - we know our place and enjoy we were in the overall scheme of NE sports. Higher than Doane, Dana and that bunch and lower than CU and a lot, lot lower than UNL.

Comment

Big Jake,

Good for you. I would make one small change you said "we know our place and enjoy we were in the overall scheme of NE sports. Higher than Doane, Dana and that bunch and lower than CU and a lot, lot lower than UNL." it should read "we know our place and enjoy we were in the overall scheme of NE sports. Higher than Doane, Dana and that bunch and lower than SDSU and a lot, lot lower than UNL."

Keep enjoying D-II and good luck to you. We will enjoy D-I and maybe you could wish us good luck too.

Comment

Jake,
                          I have never seen so many personalized license plate than I do when I am in Omaha. Do you guys forget who you are?

Comment

Working...
                          X