PDA

View Full Version : COMMENTS FROM DII/DIII/NAIA FANS

JBNJBQ
07-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Today we are officially D-I!

Smack from anyone that is not D-I should be placed in a thread that is appropriate to the content matter. You all know who you are.

Please do not bother us with your jealous bantering about things from the past. We are looking to the future, which is bright! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

89rabbit
07-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Today we are officially D-I!

Smack from anyone that is not D-I should be placed in a thread that is appropriate to the content matter. You all know who you are.

Please do not bother us with your jealous bantering about things from the past. We are looking to the future, which is bright! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Amen! ;D

Bob_the_Eagle
07-01-2004, 10:57 PM
haha the Jackrabbits suck

Bob_the_Eagle
07-01-2004, 10:57 PM
just giving you a little D-I smack ;)

89rabbit
07-05-2004, 09:00 AM
I see bigjake has "blessed" us with another rambling. ::) I guess I should remind him that we have a "special place" for all D-II, D-III and NAIA fans to post. ;)

Go State! ;D

JBNJBQ
07-07-2004, 04:42 AM
just giving you a little D-I smack ;)

Y'all have to forgive BILLY_BOB_THE_EAGLE, he can't read so pretty good. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gasoutherneagle
07-07-2004, 03:13 PM
JBNJBQ... you're one to talk pal.

most words involve VOWELS :D

JBNJBQ
07-07-2004, 05:02 PM
JBNJBQ... you're one to talk pal.

most words involve VOWELS :D

GAS_OUT_HERNEA_GLE?:

Vowels are for the eagles when SDSU comes to your fair city this fall:

o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! (SDSU BREAKS ONE FOR 6)

eeeee! eeeee! eeeee! (SOUND MADE WHEN RB IS COMING AT YOUR SAFETY)

uuu! uuu! uuu! uuu! (SOUND GSU PLAYERS MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DECIDE WHO SHOULD MAKE THE TACKLE)

iyiyiyiyiyiyi! (SOUND GSU COACH MAKES AFTER GETTING WHIPPED ON YOU OWN HOME FIELD BY SDSU).

aaaaaa! aaaaa! aaaaa! (SOUND MADE BY FANS WHEN FINAL GUN GOES OFF AND YOU HAVE LOST)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

gasoutherneagle
07-07-2004, 05:14 PM
GAS_OUT_HERNEA_GLE?:

Vowels are for the eagles when SDSU comes to your fair city this fall:

o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! (SDSU BREAKS ONE FOR 6)

eeeee! eeeee! eeeee! (SOUND MADE WHEN RB IS COMING AT YOUR SAFETY)

uuu! uuu! uuu! uuu! (SOUND GSU PLAYERS MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DECIDE WHO SHOULD MAKE THE TACKLE)

iyiyiyiyiyiyi! (SOUND GSU COACH MAKES AFTER GETTING WHIPPED ON YOU OWN HOME FIELD BY SDSU).

aaaaaa! aaaaa! aaaaa! (SOUND MADE BY FANS WHEN FINAL GUN GOES OFF AND YOU HAVE LOST)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Most morons like yourself say gas_out_her_neagle and then say "whutsa neagle... hu hu hu"

o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! (SDSU BREAKS ONE FOR 6 then the runner gets cracked the ball pops loose and GSU picks it up for a runback TD)

eeeee! eeeee! eeeee! (SOUND MADE WHEN RB IS COMING AT YOUR SAFETY... then the safety, who's seen this play before, slams his butt to the ground on a gain of one)

uuu! uuu! uuu! uuu! (SOUND GSU PLAYERS MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DECIDE WHO SHOULD MAKE THE TACKLE for the split second right before the SDSU boy with the ball gets pounded for a loss)

iyiyiyiyiyiyi! (SOUND GSU COACH MAKES AFTER realizing that SDSU ain't bringin' nothin' new that this rush D hasn't seen before and send in the second string).

aaaaaa! aaaaa! aaaaa! (SOUND MADE BY SDSU FANS WHEN the GA state patrol pulls their butts over on the way home for DUI)

We're a rush team. The best rush team I-AA has ever seen since we started playing football 22 years ago. Your ground game ain't gonna gain siht.

bisonguy
07-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Your ground game ain't gonna gain siht.

Wouldn't be the first time ;D

JBNJBQ
07-07-2004, 07:19 PM
haha the Jackrabbits suck

Billy_Bob_The_Beagle:

Did you stay up all night planning that attack!

God help us!

There is no tomorrow!

Billy_Bob_the_Beagle is on us like Ugly on TALON (ALL CAPS). ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

JBNJBQ
07-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Most morons like yourself say gas_out_her_neagle and then say "whutsa neagle... hu hu hu"

o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! o-o! (SDSU BREAKS ONE FOR 6 then the runner gets cracked the ball pops loose and GSU picks it up for a runback TD)

eeeee! eeeee! eeeee! (SOUND MADE WHEN RB IS COMING AT YOUR SAFETY... then the safety, who's seen this play before, slams his butt to the ground on a gain of one)

uuu! uuu! uuu! uuu! (SOUND GSU PLAYERS MAKE WHEN TRYING TO DECIDE WHO SHOULD MAKE THE TACKLE for the split second right before the SDSU boy with the ball gets pounded for a loss)

iyiyiyiyiyiyi! (SOUND GSU COACH MAKES AFTER realizing that SDSU ain't bringin' nothin' new that this rush D hasn't seen before and send in the second string).

aaaaaa! aaaaa! aaaaa! (SOUND MADE BY SDSU FANS WHEN the GA state patrol pulls their butts over on the way home for DUI)

We're a rush team. The best rush team I-AA has ever seen since we started playing football 22 years ago. Your ground game ain't gonna gain siht.

Mr Hernia:

You are not very original, are you? Why don't you come up with something of your own?

You are also not very bright. Let me get this straight! Because you have a great ground game our offense is not going to gain siht?What is siht? Is that some code? Our offense will not be in against your offense! Do you actually know how the game is played? It takes defense to win. Hows your defense? I heard you have a couple of holes in it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

JBNJBQ
07-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Wouldn't be the first time ;D

Hey BI-SON-GUY:

Glad to see you back! Did you settle on a name for your new Mascot? My personal favorite is the "Ham Hocks". You can do a lot with Ham Hocks when you think up fight songs. A lot of words rhyme with "Ham" and "Hocks". You can call your home coming queen "Miss Porker". ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.download2me.com/pictures/piggy%20paint.htm

Everyone will love her! Your fans could wear hog snouts like the Washington Red Skins. I heard they are thinking of changing their mascot as well. You could do it first! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bisonguy
07-07-2004, 08:04 PM
JBNJBBQ,

I see you're still flattering me with your copy-cat smack. Maybe coach Stig will actually try to establish a running game this year ::)

SDSU NDSU

RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 23-11 42-132

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfacts/factfiles/picpops/images/three_toed_sloth01.jpg
One...Two...Three times we beat them Bison in the last twenty-eight years!

89rabbit
07-07-2004, 08:05 PM
All D-I smackers need to move it over to a different thread. I don't want to fill up Mavericks and Big Jake's domain. ;)

bisonguy
07-07-2004, 08:09 PM
All D-I smackers need to move it over to a different thread. I don't want to fill up Mavericks and Big Jake's domain. ;)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob_the_Eagle
07-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Billy_Bob_The_Beagle:

Did you stay up all night planning that attack!

JBNJBQ - i didn't feel like you were worth the effort

gasoutherneagle
07-08-2004, 05:36 AM
"siht" ...uh, yeah, right, secret code. ::) Man you are thick.

"Why don't you come up with something of your own?"

Na... It's more fun to poke fun at your lame originality.

I think you're gonna find that a lot of things have changed on the defensive side of the ball for GSU this season. The defensive scheme has completely changed... along with the D coordinator. 7-4 at GSU means somebody's head is gonna be served on a platter. At SDSU, y'all are pattin' each other on the back with a 7-4 in D-II. Y'all would blow an O-ring if you managed seven wins this season. We as always will be expecting at least a 2nd or 3rd round playoff appearance and a share of the SoCon title.

Y'all got a long row to hoe before you're able to start smackin' the Eagles around. Go easy man, you just got in the I-AA. Keep your head. I think you're gonna find that the competition level you are used to differs greatly from the I-AA elites.

JBNJBQ
07-08-2004, 06:55 AM
"siht" ...uh, yeah, right, secret code. ::)

Mr. Hernia:

I thought you were using an acrostic. I thought perhaps it meant:

S till
I n
H istoric
T ense

That seems to be the "tense" that appeals to all y'all! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

gasoutherneagle
07-08-2004, 07:13 AM
I get this "livin' in the past" crap a lot. So, I'm just going to quote what I've written in response on anygivensaturday.

In Statesboro past titles means everything. Our past points the direction for our future. Every year here, it's not "oh boy, I bet we can finally make the playoffs"...it's "Drive for Five" or "Six Flags over GA" or "Lucky #7". If it isn't a title year or a semi appearance it is a failed season. The next season will always be another chance for another flag on the pole at Georgia Southern... because we've reached that elite place atop I-AA in a way that NO other program at ANY level of play has reached. GSU fires coaches that "don't win enough"... if Sewak misses the playoffs again this season, he'll probably be looking for another job. Arrogance... YES! The Eagles of our past have earned it for the Eagle Nation.

bigjake
07-08-2004, 03:34 PM
jbnjbq, Are you still into those secret codes or acrostics as you call them. Dude, no hidden messages - just speak up like a man. Prediction - the over/under for the Jacks in terms of men's 2004-5 bb d1 wins this year is 0. Since you lost a lot of good players and matt jones has health problems and hasn't been too available recently I predict you will do a unc bears (remember them they didn't win one game last year in d1 although they did beat the cooking school -johnson and wales) and not win a game. That is ZERO jack fans. I do hope that Johnson COunty Rabbit will admit this onto the board. No talk about your AD here.
PS - From a non sdsu perspective the biggest idiot by far on this site is JBNJBQ. Has nothing to say other than secret meanings and stupid photos. I suspect the dude is in high school and will be attending sdsu in 2 years and this summer is preparing for that tough SD driver's exam. Maybe a former governor of your great state can give him some driving lessons. I hear he has some extra time on his hands these days.

JBNJBQ
07-08-2004, 06:34 PM
Fat Jake:

Good to see your are a compliant fellow. I take back some of the insults I hurled at you! You are on the D-II
comments thread where D-I fans don't have to listen to your worthless babblings. Keep up the good work! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Jack
07-08-2004, 07:18 PM
bigjake --anyone who uses the word "dude" (and you use it often) is stupid and finds it difficult to have an original thought. Fess up, you never went to college. You are a "hanger er on er" who just caught onto a university, thinks it's neat, and wants to fling dung at anyone who pays attention to you.

All your life no one has paid attention to you. It's okay, go to a happy place and think you are someone.

Just leave this site to people who have IQ's above 75 ... please.

JBNJBQ
07-09-2004, 01:00 PM
bigjake --anyone who uses the word "dude" (and you use it often) is stupid and finds it difficult to have an original thought. Fess up, you never went to college. You are a "hanger er on er" who just caught onto a university, thinks it's neat, and wants to fling dung at anyone who pays attention to you.

All your life no one has paid attention to you. It's okay, go to a happy place and think you are someone.

Just leave this site to people who have IQ's above 75 ... please.

Boy JACK:

They cleared out really fast when you imposed such a high standard! Way to go! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
07-09-2004, 06:25 PM
I have noticed that JBNJBq posts at all times of the day. The "dude" must be unemployed. As for "Jack" - at least I am creative enough to think of a semi interesting screen name. "Jack" - that is really original.
The more I read this board the more I think jbnjbq is 89 rabbit and they are also the same as jackrabbit. They are all one in the same. From now on I will not respond to anything that jbnjbq says bc he is also 89 rabbit and jackrabbit. Be a man and come forward - dude.
I thought this thread was just for d2 people - stay off this thread 89 rabbit or whatever your name is. By the way jbnjbq you are a real ass. By the way that is acrostic for Assoc of Stupid Sodaks which you are President of. Have agood day jbnjbq or 89rabbit or jackrabbit - whatever you are calling yourself today.

JBNJBQ
07-10-2004, 06:26 AM
I have noticed that JBNJBq posts at all times of the day. The "dude" must be unemployed. As for "Jack" - at least I am creative enough to think of a semi interesting screen name. "Jack" - that is really original.
The more I read this board the more I think jbnjbq is 89 rabbit and they are also the same as jackrabbit. They are all one in the same. From now on I will not respond to anything that jbnjbq says bc he is also 89 rabbit and jackrabbit. Be a man and come forward - dude.
I thought this thread was just for d2 people - stay off this thread 89 rabbit or whatever your name is. By the way jbnjbq you are a real ass. By the way that is acrostic for Assoc of Stupid Sodaks which you are President of. Have agood day jbnjbq or 89rabbit or jackrabbit - whatever you are calling yourself today.

Fat Jake:

I can see I have won your heart as well as your mind! It really wasn't very hard, both are very small. Glad to see you have picked up on the acrostic idea! You are really not very good at it though. You will get better as time goes on.

I know you are at a disadvantage working for the street department in Omaha. I also know you tried to use your version of a laptop to try to stay current on this board. Your supervisor didn't go along with it. You can't blame him.

http://www.funnyfreepics.com/funny-349.php

Don't worry you can post on this board inbetween your day job and your night job. The pizzas can wait. You have 30 minutes you know. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
07-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Today I was on BIsonville and found I was being smacked around by some people on this site. I haven't posted on that site in a long time. Whoever that person was - it wasn't me. The problem with hanging around this 1 dimensional site is that you get a distorted picture of your move to d1. There are lots of people who are skeptical and to assign each "doubting thomas" to me is rather naive.
By the way I have my calendar marked to go to kc on jan17 and be at venerable (another word for crappy) old municipal auditorium to see how you are progressing. Predict you will win at most 1 D1 game this year. Maybe while you are there you can get down on your knees and beg the umkc admin. to support your move to the mid cont. You are rural versus a mostly urban mid cont conference but maybe they will show some mercy on you. Also, don't tell them about the weather up in SD during bb season - maybe they won't find out.

JBNJBQ
07-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Today I was on BIsonville and found I was being smacked around by some people on this site. I haven't posted on that site in a long time. Whoever that person was - it wasn't me. The problem with hanging around this 1 dimensional site is that you get a distorted picture of your move to d1. There are lots of people who are skeptical and to assign each "doubting thomas" to me is rather naive.
By the way I have my calendar marked to go to kc on jan17 and be at venerable (another word for crappy) old municipal auditorium to see how you are progressing. Predict you will win at most 1 D1 game this year. Maybe while you are there you can get down on your knees and beg the umkc admin. to support your move to the mid cont. You are rural versus a mostly urban mid cont conference but maybe they will show some mercy on you. Also, don't tell them about the weather up in SD during bb season - maybe they won't find out.

It doesn't surprise me that you get "smacked around" no matter where you go. Some people are just born with a target on them. In your case it is a "big fat" target! You should be used to it by now!

I'll bet you were beat up a lot in grade school, weren't you? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

jackmd
08-11-2004, 05:30 PM
Just a quick exerpt from the UNO gateway publication. I will also provide the full link for those still interested in the NCC.

University of South Dakota Coyotes

The pride of University of South Dakota is finishing higher then St. Cloud State. Since Morningside College left in 2001, USD and SCSU have been finishing closer to the bottom of the NCC. With South Dakota State exiting this year, USD may finish closer to the top, they have had pretty good track and cross-country teams but always stumbled when it came to facing SDSU.

http://www.unogateway.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/08/10/4117ec9635281

bigjake
08-12-2004, 07:33 AM
jackmd, I am glad that you are keeping up with what's going on in omaha. Maybe you are one our many "closet fans". Reading the Gateway? Heck, I am a huge uno fan and I don't even read that "rag".

jackmd
08-12-2004, 08:39 AM
All articles as they apply to SDSU, DIAA football, or NCAA Divison I sports arrive via my e-mail once a day. I then sort through the ones I find pertinent. Just so happened this popped up. I must agree, no real in depth research or writing going on here.

I am not a UNO or NCC hater. In fact, I think the NCC plays a vital role in S.D. but I don't regret the fact that we are moving up. I just feel that SDSU as an institution and S.D. as a state stands to benefit from the presence of a DI university. Even if this means early struggles and eventual athletic mediocrity. Schools like UND and USD with law and medical schools will always find research dollars. SDSU really has struggles with this. The move up should increase our exposure and improve this ability. At least I hope so, right now S.D. ranks last in the U.S. in research dollars secured.

bigjake
08-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey, fellas - I got my umkc bb schedule the other day and I see where sdsu is playing umkc. UMKC (which is a bottom feeder from the mid cont conference for all you jack fans who haven't heard of that conf) thought so little of you and your supposed "jackrabbit nation" that follows your team they scheduled the game for Hale Arena. That is a very small place next to kemper that they hold rotary meetings, pig wrestling contests, and a lot of other farm related stuff from the American Royal. Come to think of it that is a perfect venue for your fledgling farm university. Heck, UMKC ought to play Rockhurst - they would draw a heck of a lot more for them than they will for you. Go Roos!! Your friend, Big Jake
PS - Nice pictures Jack Be Stupid Jack Be Duped. Too bad you can't follow those up with even a semi-coherent thought. NIce pictures - my 7 and 4 year old kids appreciate them though.

jacksfaninne
08-12-2004, 04:32 PM
As you describe Hale Arena, it sounds like it may only be a notch or two above the Sapp Dump errr Fieldhouse.

bigjake
08-12-2004, 04:48 PM
By the way I hope that Johson County Hot SHot 89 Rabbit will be able to make the game. I wonder if he can take 2 hours out of his busy day posting rabbit msgs on every board in america. Also, don't know if he will go anywhere near jackson county where hale is. There are some undesireables down that way that the johnson county elites don't run with. Also, that place is close to- god forbid- wyandotte county which is even more dangerous. Johnson County people don't go down there. 89 - maybe you can talk to big fred about getting the game moved out to blue valley. A small high school gym will be just perfect for the dozens and dozens of people that will attend that game. Go Roos!!

89rabbit
08-12-2004, 04:51 PM
As you describe Hale Arena, it sounds like it may only be a notch or two above the Sapp Dump errr Fieldhouse.

Hale is Bigger, it seats 5,000 for basketball.

Jack
08-12-2004, 05:56 PM
bigjake I really need to know the answer to this question: Are you really as stupid as it seems or are you faking it? It's hard to believe someone can be as consistantly stupid for so long without a lapse. Do you credit proper training?

jacksfaninne
08-12-2004, 06:32 PM
Come on Jack, he's a UNO fan popping off about 1) basketball facilities, and 2) basketball fan support/attendance. There's your answer.

bigjake
08-12-2004, 07:10 PM
Fellas,
We know our place (d2). You are going to have to learn a painful lesson as to where your place is. Have a good day. Your Friend, Big Jake

89rabbit
08-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Fellas,
We know our place (d2). Your Friend, Big Jake

As do we D-I. See you at Hale Arena.

Go State! ;D

JBNJBQ
08-13-2004, 07:47 AM
Fellas,
We know our place ........

GOOD! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Mavericks#1
08-14-2004, 01:17 AM
NCC preseason poll came out and I noticed that it had been over forty years (1963) since you won an NCC football title. Whats up with that? What makes you think you can win in that fledgling football conference you're in now? Before you start blasting UNO's facilities take a hard look at that thing you call a football stadium.
At least we have brand new field turf. Augie 37 SDSU 34.

Mavericks #1

SDSUFAN
08-14-2004, 05:50 AM
NCC preseason poll came out and I noticed that it had been over forty years (1963) since you won an NCC football title. Whats up with that? What makes you think you can win in that fledgling football conference you're in now? Before you start blasting UNO's facilities take a hard look at that thing you call a football stadium.
At least we have brand new field turf. Augie 37 SDSU 34.

Mavericks #1

What has the 1963 NCC champion ship got to do with this year's NCC poll. We dont give a rats ass about the NCC poll since it no longer includes SDSU. And yes I guess we will never win another NCC championship in football. So what gives is that we have moved on to D1AA. Sorry ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

How come Big Jake and Maverick No 1 are both on line and off line at the same time per the membership list on this site? Could they be the same person? I kind of think so.

bigjake
08-14-2004, 07:20 AM
I would wager that when I go to Hale Gym for the umkc-sdsu game that there will not be more than 250 people from so called "jackrabbit nation". Really should be called at best a tiny village but whatever. I will count those ugly blue sweatshirts with the bugs bunny on them during timeouts. Unlike many sdsu grads I can count well into the 3 digits if that becomes necessary.
Also, I wish you sdsu fans would respect our thread here and stay off the d2,naia thread. Mav 1 and I enjoy our conversations and really don't need to be distracted especially by jack by stupid jack be duped.
Good point maverick 1 on the last sdsu championship - That was a very bad year with sdsu winning a title and our beloved president getting assassinated. By the way for some of you academic slackers up there who either can't afford a tv or who don't know how to read a paper- JFK was murdered that year. Very sad day in our history

jacksfaninne
08-14-2004, 07:24 AM
... Before you start blasting UNO's facilities take a hard look at that thing you call a football stadium.
At least we have brand new field turf.

Mavericks #1

You're the geniuses who brought up facilities. You throw up a softball like that, we're not going to watch it go by. I'd rather see a game on the natural stuff any day.

JBNJBQ
08-14-2004, 07:32 AM
How come Big Jake and Maverick No 1 are both on line and off line at the same time per the membership list on this site? Could they be the same person? I kind of think so.

They are one and the same! He talks with his alter ego because nobody else cares what he says. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey BIG JAKE, nice article in the Argus Leader about you!
Glad to see you are at least trying to do something about your problems. I see you had to come to South Dakota to get the help you needed!

http://www.argusleader.com/news/Saturdayarticle1.shtml

Good luck! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
08-16-2004, 04:58 PM
YOu know I was doing some real soul searching lately between my hectic work schedule. We high powered execs just don't have much time but here goes a few thoughts. I was thinking about maybe the bsc would like to come to brookings so I decided to research the brookings.com web that I accessed off the sdsu web site.
For culture it lists the SD Ag Heritage Museum. I do think that could be a deal sealer to bring both recruits and leagues your way. Just imagine the entertainment options avail. there. Forget girls - you can show an athlete that and his name is on the dotted line.
For entertainment it lists Hicks Enterprises. Not sure what they do but it sure does sound fun!!!
For resorts it doesn't list the Four Seaons or Hyatt hotels but rather the Danceland Campground. I wonder if they have better bathrooms than the Coughlin Dump you call a fb stadium.
Finally they list the Western Estates and Twin Sombreros RV Park. Well, there goes my theory that you won't be able to recruit the minority athlete.
This is what your own web site lists as big selling points to Brookings.
I was impressed though that you have an Applebees. I will bet many a deal will be signed in there. Who knows maybe if you go "big time" and get conference affiliation then some of the real fancy restaurants like Fridays will come aboard.
This is from Brookings.com web site. I didn't make any of this up. Maybe somehow when you are trying to convince the bsc to let you join just show them sioux falls and tell them that brookings is just like that. Maybe they will believe you. That is your best hope.

89rabbit
08-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Next.

http://www.epodunk.com/top10/colleges/index.html

GREAT COLLEGE TOWNS

In our view, great college towns have a spark that comes not only from young blood, but from jazz clubs, literary events, book stores and cafes. They are intellectual, cultural and economic hubs, balancing tradition with new business growth. Often, they mix urban amenities and small-town charm.

TOP-RANKED COLLEGE TOWNS
BY COMMUNITY SIZE
BIG CITIES
1 Boston-Cambridge, MA
2 Minneapolis, MN
3 Denver, CO
4 Columbus, OH
5 Seattle, WA
6 Atlanta, GA
7 Austin, TX
8 Washington, DC
9 Cincinnati, OH
10 Saint Louis, MO

MEDIUM-SIZED CITIES
1 Columbia, SC
2 Tallahassee, FL
3 Madison, WI
4 Urbana-Champaign, IL
5 Ann Arbor, MI
6 Berkeley, CA
7 Athens, GA
8 Fort Collins, CO
9 New Haven, CT
10 Provo, UT

SMALL CITIES
1 Charlottesville, VA
2 Bozeman, MT
3 Hays, KS
4 Boulder, CO
5 Missoula, MT
6 Manhattan, KS
7 Burlington, VT
8 Bismarck, ND
9 Iowa City, IA
10 Chapel Hill, NC

TOWNS
1 Hanover, NH
2 Princeton, NJ
3 Brookings, SD
4 Middlebury, VT
5 Durango, CO
6 Bronxville, NY
7 Menomonie, WI
8 Oneonta, NY
9 Rolla, MO
10 Conway, SC

I'm going to keep bustin you with this, everytime you go there. Look Brookings is #3 in our class. 8) Omaha . . . not rated. So sad. :'(

Go State! ;D

jack100
08-16-2004, 09:37 PM
YOu know I was doing some real soul searching lately between my hectic work schedule. We high powered execs just don't have much time but here goes a few thoughts. I was thinking about maybe the bsc would like to come to brookings so I decided to research the brookings.com web that I accessed off the sdsu web site.
For culture it lists the SD Ag Heritage Museum. I do think that could be a deal sealer to bring both recruits and leagues your way. Just imagine the entertainment options avail. there. Forget girls - you can show an athlete that and his name is on the dotted line.
For entertainment it lists Hicks Enterprises. Not sure what they do but it sure does sound fun!!!
For resorts it doesn't list the Four Seaons or Hyatt hotels but rather the Danceland Campground. I wonder if they have better bathrooms than the Coughlin Dump you call a fb stadium.
Finally they list the Western Estates and Twin Sombreros RV Park. Well, there goes my theory that you won't be able to recruit the minority athlete.
This is what your own web site lists as big selling points to Brookings.
I was impressed though that you have an Applebees. I will bet many a deal will be signed in there. Who knows maybe if you go "big time" and get conference affiliation then some of the real fancy restaurants like Fridays will come aboard.
This is from Brookings.com web site. I didn't make any of this up. Maybe somehow when you are trying to convince the bsc to let you join just show them sioux falls and tell them that brookings is just like that. Maybe they will believe you. That is your best hope.

jack100
08-16-2004, 09:50 PM
Big Jake. Smart Individual. He makes fun of Brookings for its Ag Heritage Museum. What he should look at is the University of Omaha. I attended my first 2 basketball games in UNO this spring. What a dump. Both nights the visitors (SDSU) nearly outnumbered UNO. Myself - I would rather look at antique tractors (Ag Heritage Museum) than attend a UNO athletic event. There's a lot more to watch and a lot more people to see at the Ag Heritage Museum.

bigjake
08-17-2004, 06:47 AM
RAbbit, Very eloquent description of what makes a great college town. Describes Austin, Tx and Iowa City, Iowa but just haven't seen the great cafes and bookstores of Brookings. But the campus itself is nice. Does have a little small town charm though. I have only been to Princeton NJ on that list and just can't see the comparison but maybe I am wrong.
Jack 100 - You call our beloved sapp fieldhouse a dump. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We played Rockhurst here 2 years ago and I know their coaches a little. They were just raving about our facilities. Then we talked about how that compares to the miaa gyms (they aren't in miaa but play a lot of miaa teams)and they said very favorably to most. They said if we were in the miaa (which is a league of haves and have nots) we would be one of the haves.
GRanted this is no Frost but other than the bleachers on one side it is a pretty nice gym. Also, great place to take a kid to game. Heck when you go to a big game at sdsu you have to get all crammed in there. At UNO I get there for every game right at tipoff and get a great seat. What a deal!!

89rabbit
08-17-2004, 07:20 AM
bigjake,

You should know by know that I don't write that well. ;) That "elegant description" was writen by the folks who rated the college towns. It sounds like you need to spend more time in Brookings if you haven't found the great cafe's or bookstores. Maybe next trip take the early flight in from Omaha and spend more time looking around. :)

I have seem most of the "arenas" of the MIAA being held up to them is not really that big of an accomplishment. I would say your Rockhurst buddies may have sold you short. NWMSU's gym is no better then Brooking High School's. They have some great football stadiums but basketball facilities . . . :-/

Speaking of the MIAA what is the latest talk from Omaha? Folks here in MIAA country are still saying that UNO will be the next member (replacing UM-Rolla).

bigjake
08-17-2004, 11:06 AM
89 rabbit, I think you are putting me on about cafes and bookstores. But I can't refute the listings. But I have been to brookings about 12 times in my life and have yet to see them
By the way I saw your post about hale arena. I plan to attend that game and plan to mosey on up to the ticket counter the day of game and buy my ticket. 2500 tops there - in fact I would wager that I will get a ticket for 5 bucks outside the arena and if I am lucky someone will just give them to me. On a monday in january it might even be less than 2500
By the way I suspect uno will stay in ncc and wait for 8th team. But I give about 200 bucks a year in donations to them which as Bill Byrne would say doesn't put me into the "boosters of importance" category. Therefore they don't tell me anything. Actually since unc and ndsu are gone for fb and sdsu is gone for bb I would rather be in miaa but it probably won't happen.

89rabbit
08-17-2004, 11:19 AM
You could very well be right about the crowd at Hale for the SDSU vs UMKC game. You have far more experience attending UMKC games then I.

My concern for SDSU fans is not so much getting in, but where they might end up sitting. I know would hate to be on one of the far wings. I also had it in my head that this was a Friday night game instead of a Monday night game, opps. :-[

Go State! ;D

JBNJBQ
08-17-2004, 03:49 PM
.....I was thinking about maybe the bsc would like to come to brookings so I decided to research the brookings.com web that I accessed off the sdsu web site.

This comes from a guy who thinks Omaha is great because:

1. Warren Buffet lives there (without his wife)

2. They have a river. (duh?)

3. They have steakhouses. (Fat Jake can recite the entire menu of every one of them).

Boy, that is quite a list! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
08-17-2004, 04:20 PM
jack be stupid jack be duped,
Warren Buffet no longer has a wife - she died a couple of weeks ago. But then then that is expecting a lot of you to read a newspaper. By the way you are not in her estate so you will have to remain in your trailer for the time being.
I have only attended games at municipal auditorium so it will be a new experience being at hale. I know the louder fans will definitely be the sdsu fans. Many people go to umkc games with comp. tickets or else they are like me and staying in a nearby hotel and have absolutely nothing better to do than attend their games. Not a whole lot of intensity toward their team. They probably have 1500 hardcore bb fans whereas I would bet sdsu has 4000 hardcore fans
I did listen to the mike and whoever his partner is radio show yesterday for about an hour on media day. I thought it was funny when coach stig talked about being thin at rb and that your 2nd string back is unavailable. I think if memory serves me correctly that he was the guy with all the pot. Coach stig was very diplomatic bc I suspect that guy will be "unavailable" for a long time.

JBNJBQ
08-17-2004, 05:10 PM
......Warren Buffet no longer has a wife - she died a couple of weeks ago. But then then that is expecting a lot of you to read a newspaper.........

.........I did listen to the mike and whoever his partner is radio show yesterday for about an hour on media day...........

Fat Jake:

Sorry I missed that, but unlike you, I don't spend all of my time reading and listening to every little detail of someone elses town and team just to get some fodder to sling around on this board. Mrs. Buffet obviously didn't make the news in the four newspapers I read regularly. (The Omaha World Herald is not one of them).

I did find a "BLOG" that will give Douglas Wiken a run for his (the governments) money:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1181338/posts

They don't seem to think much of the Buffet's. You are going to have to replace Warren as an Omaha attraction with this group! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

jacksfaninne
08-17-2004, 07:38 PM
So, I guess, bigjake, JBNJBQ's first point - Warren Buffet lives there (without his wife) - would be correct. Or are you disputing that?

I mean, you think the Sapp Dump is a fine basketball facility. Clearly, your judgement is to be questioned. I thought we ought to find out just how far out there you really are.

jack100
08-17-2004, 10:03 PM
Well at least Big Jake admitted that nobody cares or that nobody attends UNO atheltic events - as you can still get a great seat even arriving at game time. Maybe that is why UNO is still DII - noone cares or attends their athletic events.

JBNJBQ
08-18-2004, 05:45 AM
Hey FAT JAKE:

I don't know if this picture made it to the Omaha World Herald. It is a picture of the funeral procession from Mrs. Warren Buffet's funeral:

http://www.ahajokes.com/crt372.html

I guess everyone has been wrong, you can take it with you! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
08-18-2004, 06:33 AM
There is a dearth of people at uno games bc we have other entertainment options. If all I had was Hicks Enterprises and the Ag Museum I would go to bb, fb, tennis, wrestling, equestrian and every other worthless activity including glee club, debate, etc bc there is NOTHING to do in your worthless town. Remember - south dakotans - we are a real city with options.
Jack Be STupid..... I believe that you do read 4 newspapers daily. If I were unemployed I would read that many also. Too bad you missed the buffet clip. But I suspect you only peruse the tv sections of each paper (you love mtv and anything that can get more info on the hilton girls)and the sports sections looking for anything possible about d1 expansion. By the way since you seem to have trouble understanding what you read we are having a presidential election - a guy named george bush is running against this guy named john kerrey. One is from Tx. and one is from Ma. Now if you run across their names you will know who they are. Now go back to that hilarious web site and find another really funny picture to insult me with.

JBNJBQ
08-18-2004, 08:22 AM
I did listen to the mike and whoever his partner is radio show yesterday for about an hour on media day. I thought it was funny when coach stig talked about being thin at rb and that your 2nd string back is unavailable. I think if memory serves me correctly that he was the guy with all the pot. Coach stig was very diplomatic bc I suspect that guy will be "unavailable" for a long time.

Hey FAT JAKE:

I found a clip of you from your college days!

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/rootbeer.php

I can see why:

1. You quit drinking beer!

2. You started drinking rootbeer and gained so much weight!

3. You are so hard on people that make mistakes!

4. You are so screwed up in your head!

It is easier to understand you now! You are living with quite a load! In fact you are quite a load!;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

sdman
08-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Jack Be STupid, I find your clips to be really juvenile but I must admit that my 7 year old son thinks they are really funny. I think you have a lot in common with him both intellectually and emotionally. You just can't be an alumnus - I will bet you are some punk sdsu student living at home with your parents and struggling to stay off of academic probation.

JBNJBQ
08-18-2004, 07:54 PM
I find your clips to be really juvenile but I must admit that my 7 year old son thinks they are really funny.

Hey FAT JAKE:

I found a picture of you and your wife at the hospital the day he was born:

http://www.ahajokes.com/crt391.html

Like father, like son! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

bigjake
08-29-2004, 02:49 PM
I see where sdsu soccer is an expected 0-2. Props though to the goalie who stopped all those shots. Sounds like marquette was a game of human pinball against you. 45-2 in shots is amazing. The Marquette goalie could have done her homework during that game the way it sounded. All the action was on the other end of the field. Props to the goalie though - apparently she is going to get a lot of work this year and evidently she is good.
By the way she too is from the kc area but not where the johnson county elites live. Raytown is blue collar instead of all the "styling and profiling" that is done out in Johnson County to keep up with the Jones.

Mavericks#1
08-29-2004, 04:28 PM
45 shots on goal. That goalie is going to be seeing balls flying at her in her dreams. The marquette girls are probably icing down their legs after blasting all those shots. You know your in trouble when your goalkeeper is your MVP. Maybe she can wear a football helmet next time out. She is probably is wishing she tried out for the equestrian team. I know you guys being the eternal optimists will try and spin this and say it was great playing a school like Marquette. Give me a break.

bigjake
08-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey mav 1 - Over the first 2 games the jacks have had 5 shots on goal versus approx 67 shots for their opponents. At this rate we aren't going to be talking about when the jacks will get their first d1 win but rather when they are going to get their first d1 goal!!Oh yeah Jack fans - tell your goalie to take 3 tylenol and get some rest after the beating she took this weekend. She could probably use some rest.

89rabbit
08-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Since we play UNO in soccer this season I will idulge you two a little on this one. Your girls must be excited to be coming to Brookings to take on a D-I school. Looks like we are your only D-I opponent, so I can see why you are following our program so closely. The game against us will be like the World Cup for your team.

I see the Mavs are off to a great start. They got hammered by D-II Metro State 5-0. They did come back and beat D-II Regis 2-1 with a last seconds goal. Isn't Regis a beauty school? ;)

http://www.regishairstylists.com/

Good luck with your season. Tell your girls not to be to focused on the Jackrabbits, we are your last game of the season. Lots of soccer between now and then.

Go State! ;D

P.S. Thank you for posting in your thread.

bigjake
08-30-2004, 04:10 AM
The whole point of mav1 and my points over the past year has not been that there is anything inherently bad about sdsu (bc there isn't)but rather we do not believe you have the resources to compete well at the d1 level. 67-3 in shots seems to indicate that the talent right now is not close to d1 level like we have been speculating. Whether d2 UNO beats SDSU or not does not change that fact. Personally, I am following your move closely bc IF you are successful then I would be willing to reconsider a move to d1 for uno. But based on what I have said ad nauseum about umkc and what I have seen in this first weekend of your soccer program just confirms what a long hard road you have undertaken. Good luck. I am open to changing my opinion if you have success. But I know a lot of people at uno are watching your move closely and if you have success they may come along for the ride eventually.

SDSUFAN
08-30-2004, 05:17 AM
The whole point of mav1 and my points over the past year has not been that there is anything inherently bad about sdsu (bc there isn't)but rather we do not believe you have the resources to compete well at the d1 level. 67-3 in shots seems to indicate that the talent right now is not close to d1 level like we have been speculating. Whether d2 UNO beats SDSU or not does not change that fact. Personally, I am following your move closely bc IF you are successful then I would be willing to reconsider a move to d1 for uno. But based on what I have said ad nauseum about umkc and what I have seen in this first weekend of your soccer program just confirms what a long hard road you have undertaken. Good luck. I am open to changing my opinion if you have success. But I know a lot of people at uno are watching your move closely and if you have success they may come along for the ride eventually.

So you are saying then Mav1 and Big Jake are one of the same. Just because SDSU and uno were in the same conference for a few years hardly makes them equal. By the way, uno dropped out of the NCC after joining in the early years. Maybe thats a failure you can research rather than worry about SDSU.

So SDSU is a failed mess because we dropped to soccer matches? Gee thanks, but no thanks. I had never visited the offical website for SDSU soccer, but did yesterday and the SDSU program is only in its fifth season and the past three have been winning seasons.
I have hope for all are programs. We dont need your skepticsm and sarcasm. So you have toilets on the vistors side at Al canilgia. BFD. ;D

89rabbit
08-30-2004, 05:33 AM
bigjake,

Using your logic, UNO should drop down to D-III or NAIA. UNO clearly doesn't have the talent to play D-II ball. They lost their season opener 5-0. UNO has given up more goals in one game then SDSU gave up in both of our D-I games combined. Maybe you can hook up with Dana College (no offense Mike) in Blair, NE and get in the GPAC. Good luck with that we will be watching. We would post on your fan board if UNO had one, but oh well . . . know that you are in our thoughts.

Go State! ;D

Mavericks#1
08-30-2004, 07:54 AM
Drury, UNO's game on Saturday is a D1 soccer school.
Rabbitt fans you need to go to the soccer game in Omaha to support your beloved Jacks. Even if you don't like soccer it is a chance to see the premier soccer venue in the nation. If you want,you can bring your lawn chair and relax on the east side of the stadium. They have tiered seating and the view is great. There will be no better chance to experience a D1 venue all year than Saturday's game. If anyone goes let us know what you think of the experience. It is right on campus and is easy access off the interstate. I don't like your chances in the game, but if it is D1 experience that you are looking for, which all of you seem to revel in, this is your chance. Jays 4- Jacks 0

89rabbit
08-30-2004, 12:44 PM
I stand corrected, Drury through me being a D-II school with one D-I sport. UNO has 2 D-I games. I still think your girls will be more excited to play South Dakota State University rather then Drury College. Maybe it is me. :D

By the way what is with you guys. First you play a beauty school (Regis) now you are playing a hotel chain? ;)

http://www.druryhotels.com/

Go State! ;D

bigjake
08-30-2004, 05:48 PM
It is way too early to speculate about how this will all turn out but it is pretty much how I thought it would begin - at least from a competitive stand point. I will say though that your schedulers have done a pretty terrific job thus far giving you an attractive schedule in most sports.
I am a huge sports fan and I have sat thru 4-24 mavs bb seasons and would do it again bc I love sports. I know guys like jbnjbq, sdsu fan, 89rabbit and many others on this site would too but I question just how many fans you have that can endure the kind of pain that is coming in the future. We shall see. It is going to be hard, very hard.
If you are successful I am jumping on the bandwagon to get uno to jump bc it would be fun. But you know how I feel about your chances. But better you and ndsu be the guineau pigs than uno.
CU 3-0 42-4 shots on goal advantage.
I didn't know drury is d1 in soccer. DU's claim to fame is they are the alma mater of that great american -bob barker of price is right fame. Nice d2 program but they don't belong in d1 regardless of sport. drury hotels have a nice brkfst bar.

Mavericks#1
08-30-2004, 07:11 PM
http://www.gocreighton.com/sports/common/photo_gallery.asp?contentID=0&sportID=7&sectionID= 79#

Here are some pictures of the new soccer stadium your beloved jacks are going to play in on Saturday. Here is the Creighton website if anyone is interested.
www.gocreighton.com

CatchEmAll_Guy
08-30-2004, 07:50 PM
I know you guys being the eternal optimists will try and spin this and say it was great playing a school like Marquette. Give me a break.

I'll try playing optimist on this one. On the bright side, the offense can only get better, and if the goalie is this good that will equal wins. It is great playing a school like Marquette, but that's not the point. Too many of the sceptics would have looked at this weekend and thought that the first games against DI schools would lead to blow-outs. Marquette is a recognizable name for most average fans, even if they don't have a great soccer tradition. That doesn't matter because most average fans of SDSU sports don't know what Marquette's soccer tradition is, nor do they know much about SDSU's. Point being, SDSU had a good showing against Marquette. The women still lost, but played well in most people's eyes. If this starts winning over some people then so be it.

One quick question, are bigjake and Maverick#1 now Creighton fans and have given up on UNO because they are DII, or do they just want to see SDSU fail in order to make a move to better our university look like a mistake?

CatchEmAll_Guy
08-30-2004, 07:54 PM
http://www.gocreighton.com/sports/common/photo_gallery.asp?contentID=0&sportID=7&sectionID= 79#

Here are some pictures of the new soccer stadium your beloved jacks are going to play in on Saturday. Here is the Creighton website if anyone is interested.
www.gocreighton.com

It's a nice stadium. Any idea how many fans attend games?

bigjake
08-30-2004, 08:00 PM
In their first men's game there were about 4000 there for exhibition against umkc. Most were just there to see the new stadium. Probably will be about half that for the women's game but am only guessing. I went to a lot of games at their old field and the men usually drew only a few hundred on a weekday and maybe 1500 for a weekend game against a good team. The women never drew much no matter when or who they played. Your team will have a neat experience playing there. Now can they compete is another question but I am sure it will be a good learning experience.

bigjake
09-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Fellas, The d2.fb web site is having problems so I will be able to spend a little more time on your site for awhile. Am looking forward to seeing your soccer team play CU. I will be especially interested to see if there is any support for your team from non parents like you get for basketball and whether you get more than a handful of shots on goal. I think you have a better chance at the former rather than the latter but we shall see. It is going to be a long hard slog as that proud american donald rumsfeld has said before.
I did enjoy the academic ratings of your women's basketball team supplied by my good friend jbnjbq. Gosh, Uno's girl's were terrible and they weren't very good in the classroom either. NOt a very good combo.

JBNJBQ
09-03-2004, 04:23 AM
Am looking forward to seeing your soccer team play CU.

Are we playing the University of Colorado? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I did enjoy the academic ratings of your women's basketball team supplied by my good friend jbnjbq.

Are we good friends, now? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gosh, Uno's girl's were terrible and they weren't very good in the classroom either. NOt a very good combo.

Did you notice that the "Harvard of Prairie" (usd) women were also missing from the list? Do they still call themselves that? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bigjake
09-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Apparently there is a guy named incognito from ne who recently left the huskers. Based on what I read this summer about some of the shenanigans that have been going on up in brookings he might fit in just great with some of the characters you have up there. Tell "stig" to give him a call if he is looking for some line help.

jacksfaninne
09-03-2004, 08:26 PM
... or he could join randy stella at uno.

bigjake
09-04-2004, 08:36 PM
I went to the CU-SDSU soccer game tonite and again SDSU was blanked for the 3rd straight game. I will give it up to your goalie - though. She is a leader and she is good but you were absolutely dominated by a slightly above avg CU team. Don't know much about soccer but it appears there is a big gap in talent between CU and SDSU. It is going to be a long year for your soccer team. I mean you didn't even come very close to scoring either. You may go half the season without a goal much less a victory. As Bill Walton would say "your team is horrible so far"!
By the way UNO soccer beat D1 Drury who is a member of the Mo Valley Conference which I know every guy on this board would love to be in. Go Mavs. Great day for the Mavs.

jackrabbit1979
09-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Not to take anything away from UNO, but Drury was picked convincingly and unanimously to finish as the doormat of the conference in women's soccer, i think Creighton was fourth, so it may be a little bit of a competition difference.
But good win Big Jake, keep letting us know how you guys are doing, i know everyone on this board is biting their nails worrying about UNO athletics. ;)

Can you guys start a UNO board somehow, i really feel bad for you two having to spend your time on this board, it can't be that much fun.

bigjake
09-08-2004, 06:47 AM
I have a big interest in your success because there is talk around here about reconfiguring the ncaa where d2 teams can play 1aa in fb only. That was even mentioned today by our main sports columnist tom shatel today in the omaha world herald. He mentioned that the rumor is that there would be that configuration and that uno would play in the gateway conference for fb eventually. Remember - we are major metro area that is attractive to some conferences. We can compete in fb but our other coaches are very reluctant to play against 1a teams and resources. Sure our regents wouldn't let uno go d1 but going d1aa doesn't matter to lincoln. We will not be recruiting the same players. So I am very interested in how you succeed bc we could be following you in fb very soon. Bob Danenhauer has mentioned this in the past and now our sports guy does. But I will continue to follow your situation closely.
Believe me I will be ripping ndsu once bb starts bc they will really struggle in that one, too
Just because I think you are making a mistake does not mean I hate sdsu - I just think you are mistaken.

PS - By the way I didn't know UNC had a fan board. Send me a link to their site and maybe I spend less time on your site.