Rabbit Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit Recipes

I've had rabbit before, when stationed in Southern Califorina we fried it. What is the best ways to cook rabbit? We want to make sure you're serve right when you arrive.

Re: Rabbit Recipes

I hear there is going to be a big coat sale after this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BgJag
      I've had rabbit before, when stationed in Southern Califorina we fried it. What is the best ways to cook rabbit? We want to make sure you're serve right when you arrive.

1. Boil a large pot of oil.

2. Throw in two coyotes, cook for 30 minutes.

3. Turn down heat and let simmer, while you go try to catch a rabbit. (Be sure to take a gun along because you won't be able to catch any Jackrabbits bare handed).

4. After two hours, throw in two more coyotes and stir well, turn down heat and let simmer.

5. Return to hunt (second half). This time take along several other hungry Jags(be sure to take guns along)

6. After two hours, return to pot and throw on two more coyotes, turn up heat bring to a boil, allow 30 minutes. Then turn off heat dump everthing in toilet (coyotes can be caught but you really can't eat them ( but at least you have done the world a favor by getting rid of six of them).

7. Go to Omaha, buy a dozen crows from Fat Jake/ Maverstink and eat them (raw). You will develope a taste for them after a while.

Overview: Jackrabbits are easy on the eyes and sweet to the taste but you can't eat them because you can't catch them! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

One doesn't need to catch a rabbit to be able to put him in the stewpot.

The two easiest methods to harvest rabbits for consumption:

1) Purchase a small caliber varmint rifle and shoot away. My preference would be a .223, something like this-http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/w...vms24fvar9.jpg. Don't worry about being a good shot, as rabbits will die from a heart attack if the round goes anywhere near them (fearful little creatures).

2)For larger quantity harvesting, just bus about sixty of them dressed up in football uniforms to the Fargodome. I can guarantee all sixty of them will be lifeless in under sixty minutes . ;D

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
          One doesn't need to catch a rabbit to be able to put him in the stewpot.

The two easiest methods to harvest rabbits for consumption:

1) Purchase a small caliber varmint rifle and shoot away. My preference would be a .223, something like this-http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/w...vms24fvar9.jpg. Don't worry about being a good shot, as rabbits will die from a heart attack if the round goes anywhere near them (fearful little creatures).

2)For larger quantity harvesting, just bus about sixty of them dressed up in football uniforms to the Fargodome. I can guarantee all sixty of them will be lifeless in under sixty minutes . ;D
          I didn't know Dan Rather was a Bison fan! Looks like you are lacking some credible evidence once again.

The first half of your first point I already made, you need a gun to catch a rabbit!

The second half of your first point is just wishful thinking. No evidence to back it up, Dan

The first part of your second point falls into the same category as the second half of your first point, Dan!

In fact the second half of your second point is "hogwash" (which you know a lot about in North Dakota because I know none of you would want to date a dirty hog).

Unfortunately for the Bison you will be bussing about sixty Bison down to Brookings this year where they traditionally are "thinned out" as they stand around looking dumb and slow.

Get some evidence to back up your agenda, Dan! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Did I ever tell you guys about my favorite restaurant in Wichita, KS.  It's called Ted's Montana Grill and they serve up the best Bison Burgers I have ever had (besides the ones I cook in the Backyard before NDSU games)! Yummy!  

http://www.tedsmontanagrill.com/

Go State!  ;D

Comment

JBBQ, or half-Kerry, should I say?

You don't flip-flop, you just flop.

You want credible facts, here's the credible facts (you provided zero credible facts, btw):

The Mighty Bison of North Dakota State University have a current 20 game winning streak over the Jacks  in Fargo (dates back over 40 years- doubt you were born yet). "What's that thud?"- "It's just the Jacks flopping in Fargo again. It happens every two years." :

The Mighty Bison of North Dakota State University have beat the Jacks 25 of the last 28 years. That's an 89% win ratio.

Looks like the "traditional thinning out of the Bison" is a figment of your imagination. It's good to dream, just keep it realistic.  :

Looks like your drivel can't hold up, and has no credible evidence.

89- You just admitted the only way a Jack can catch a Bison is to buy one that's already dead.  ??? Doesn't say much for the Jacks.  :P

BgJag- another method for rabbit harvesting is just let the dogs after them. When faced with adverse conditions, the rabbit will run for a while and then stop and stands still. The dog will kill the rabbit, but won't eat it. Way too much fat content for a dog to consume.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
                89- You just admitted the only way a Jack can catch a Bison is to buy one that's already dead.  ??? Doesn't say much for the Jacks.  :P
                With a degree from SDSU you can get one of those things they call a job. This job will in turn reward you with a thing we call money. You can take money and use it to buy food, like yummy bison burgers. We find this a much more civilized way to live life. Much easier then the hunting and gathering that a NDSU degree apparently qualifies you for.

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Comment

It's not hunting and gathering, it's killing and grilling! ;D

Comment

(*edited by the moderator for content)

Please avoid personal attacks

Comment

They do love their "pigskins" in North Dakota! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
                      X