X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soccer

fyi http://www.gocreighton.com/sports/co...articleID=3854

Re: soccer

Soccer drops to Creighton 2-0. Outshot 20-7.

http://www.gocreighton.com/sports/co...articleID=3859

Comment

http://www.gocreighton.com/sports/co...articleID=3878 congrats on your first D1 soccer win. Scroll down.

Comment

Why is no one celebrating your first D1 soccer victory. I thought that is what you guys live for. Maybe you just hate soccer.

Comment

Maverick, the fact that you insinuate we celebrate DI victories is odd. Then, your goofy logic concludes that we don't like soccer. Do you work hard at making stupid statements or does it come easy for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
            Maverick, the fact that you insinuate we celebrate DI victories is odd.  Then, your goofy logic concludes that we don't like soccer.  Do you work hard at making stupid statements or does it come easy for you?
            Alumguy:

89 rabbit and I and others have been reading this junk on several boards for several months. Mav no 1 and his brother Big Jake will never give up being stupid and expressing their stupidity. You and I know and others know SDSU is going in the right direction so thats all that matters. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
              Why is no one celebrating your first D1 soccer victory. I thought that is what you guys live for. Maybe you just hate soccer.
              We EXPECT to win. Just the first of many more to come! You had better start raising crows because I do not believe there are enough wild ones in Nebraska to satisfy the huge appetites of Fat Jake and yourself.

We love all the teams at SDSU! Win or lose! The two of you would not understand that!
              ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I saw the game on Friday the Jacks lost but missed Sunday's game. Gosh, I figured that if they played enough games they would score a goal. To do that against a d1 team (albeit a crappy one) and win the game at the same time is a nice accomplishment. But as I have said from day one you are going to struggle and thus far mav1 and myself have been right on the money. The real test is five years down the road but I still think I will be right.
                The other day I came across a comment from Rabbit 89 on Bisonville where he predicted that the Jacks men's bb team would be in the final 4. I forgot the time frame but whatever the time was is irrelevant. That may be the most idiotic comment I have ever heard on that board. I admire his optimism but let's temper it with a little reality and a little logic. The only way the Jacks are ever going to make the Final 4 or even the Big Dance is to "CHEAT". They never even made the Final 4 in D2 basketball - at least since I have been alive. I hear you are going to get your players from MN and Iowa and around here mostly. I suspect high caliber players would rather play in the Big 10 or 12 versus whatever bottom feeding league you find. To get high caliber players you are going to compete against Ne, Iowa, Mn, etc for players. Comparing Frost to UNO is fun for you but you don't stack up so well against the "big boys" facilities. I listen occasionally to MIke H. on the radio and there are lots of doubters in your move. In fact I suspect there are more doubters than proponents. Talk is cheap and so far you haven't shown us much at all compared to your brethren up north in fargo. If I am wrong I will gladly admit down the road but one win against a weak d1 bottom feeding soccer team doesn't prove much. Good win though.

Comment

Big Jake you are a f'in idiot.
                  What has Fargo shown you, they can beat a non scholarship Valpo team, play a div 1AA provisional team close and then beat Montana Tech.  Nice accomplishments so far.  Ill be the first to admit their football program is leaps and bounds above ours, i just don't want to hear it from someone who can't hack it in the real world so they have to piggy back on our move.  Honestly, I know UNO does not have a fan board, but go hang out on the D2Football board and talk about how you lost to some school in Indiana.  We are sick and tired of you negative comments on this board.  I honestly feel bad for your family if you have one, and your kids, god forbid they ever try something new, you must never let them hear the end of your pessimistic, negative banter about whatever they are doing.  Or are you only that way on internet chat rooms, if so what a wonderful outlook on life.  Just put down and make fun of people you don't know, institutions you have no connection to, and moves that don't concern you.  
                  Good luck the rest of the year.

P.S. 89, go ahead and move this thread to smack like every other subject that big jake and maverick post on. They can't have civilized positive discussions on this board.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Don't feed the trolls!!

IMO the most recent post by bigjake should be his last. I have been a soft proponent of keeping him around but he hasn't proved hes worth it. Ban him, block him, shut him up (not possible). Let him move over to the UND board with the rest of the petty, jealous, left-behind D2 relics.

I already bid farewell some time ago. I think its time to make it official.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                      The other day I came across a comment from Rabbit 89 on Bisonville where he predicted that the Jacks men's bb team would be in the final 4.  .  .  . They never even made the Final 4 in D2 basketball - at least since I have been alive.  
                      I challenge you to give us the facts of my alleged prediction.  To the best of my recollection I have never predicted a D-I Final Four appearance.  I have however said that we will make the "Big Dance" and sooner then many think.  I am confident that we can compete in the Big Sky or Mid-Con today and since both Conferences have Auto-Bids it is very possible that we could get into the Big Dance anytime after we are eligible in '08-'09.

As far as the Jacks not making it to the D-II Final Four while you were alive, that helps explain alot.  The Jacks were NCAA D-II Runner Ups (that means that we played in the Championship game) in 1985.  So you are not even 20 yet.

I must say that I too am growing weary of the constant lies, misrepresentations, and constant attacks.  Please consider this a warning.  If you want to remain part of the group, please be more careful with your facts and tactful with your assertions. Remember this is a Jackrabbit fan board.

Comment

I know soccer is the second newest sport at SDSU, but I never thought I would see the day that it would have a thread in the "Smack" section of the board. By the way, the team has it's first home game of the season on Saturday at 1:00 pm versus Wayne State. For those who do not have a wedding to attend, it may be a good time to see a game at the Fishback Soccer Park before heading out to tailgate. Maybe we could even set up a tailgate at the soccer game!!!!!!!

Go Jacks!

Comment

Last year JBB had me petitioned to be banned from Bisonville. Whoever makes those decisions looked at my posts and it was unanimous (apparently more than one decide) to let me stay on the site. To me it was an easy decision bc while I may say things that you disagree with and with some inaccuracies occasionally (but with no malice). I never use profanity and I never call names except to JBNJBQ who started that nonsense.
                          But I am sorry that I misrepresented rabbit 89 - I looked back and you didn't say Final 4 but Big Dance which in my opinion is just about as ridiculous. But we can disagree on that point. But I apologize for mispresenting your claim - I hate when people do that to me.
                          Yes I was wrong when I said in my lifetime but heck you haven't been in the Final 4 for just about a generation so my point is basically correct - it has been a long time.
                          Also, I was wrong about the exploratory year - there was no malice in that. One of the first points I ever made on this site was that Ty Graham turned down a scholarship offer from SDSU and came to UNO and I was shot down by so many it wasn't even funny. Heck, he was quoted in OWH and I even asked him after a UNO game once and he said it was true. Now he was in the room and maybe he misinterpreted something as an offer but again there was no malice and I may be right on that, too. Finally, I have stated the money issue several times which you have shot me down on. My point is legit. Even if you get to 20 million - at 5 percent you have 1 million a year to spend on scholarships, travel,etc unless you want to spend the principal of the endowment down which I doubt they do. 1 million goes fast these days.
                          But if you want to "throw me off" this site that is your perogative - obviously. I would think that if you are so confident in the correctness of your argument that you would realize the weight of the arguments will prove you right over time and that you don't have to ban someone who begs to disagree.

Comment

bigjake,

I can understand simple mistakes of fact.  The fact that you owned up to your mistakes and corrected your statements is appreciated.  Please in the future just try to be more accurate and you will be fine.

That being said where you have the most trouble and what may someday get you kicked off this board is your wild accusations.  You have made some hum dingers in the past .  Your most recent is what got you a warning more so then your mistakes of fact or your misrepresentation of what I said.  Please see below.  I do believe that this and other statements have been made with malice.  You can argue your points but don't impugn the reputation of persons or institutions without facts.  It will not fly here.  >

Originally posted by bigjake
                             The only way the Jacks are ever going to make the Final 4 or even the Big Dance is to "CHEAT".

Comment

bigjake,

To your point of final 4 appearances .  .  . I challenge you to find out how many teams have made the NCAA D-II Men's Basketball Tournament 8 of the last 10 years.  I challenge you to see who is third all time in D-II Men's Basketball Tournament Appearances (Hint the team Mascot is a Jackrabbit).  SDSU is one of the all time great D-II basketball schools (both Women's and Men's) and it is time for us to move on to bigger and better things.  To face new challenges and to step up.

Come along too if you would like (to D-I), or don't it makes no difference to us.  If you feel that UNO is best served at the NCAA D-II level that is fine.  Our moving to D-I has little effect on UNO.  I just don't get the obsession that you have with our program.  I wish UNO well in all they do, I hope you could do the same for us.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X