More bad news for BigJake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bad news for BigJake

First his UNO Mavricks don't make the D-II football playoffs, and today I read in the KC Star that his other love, D-I UMKC Men's basketball, lost an exhibition game to NAIA William Jewell College 79-72. :'( BJ, still planning to go to the SDSU vs UMKC game? ;D

Go State! ;D

Re: More bad news for BigJake

On a positive note his beloved UNO womens soccer team is still alive and strong in the playoffs. I suppose that takes away some of the sting for the choke vs. MSU-M.

Comment

You boys know how to kick a guy when he is down. That was a very frustrating loss. But as much "piling on" as I have done I can take my licks like a man.
      William Jewell has had some decent naia teams but still to lose to them is something. Those battling Baptists apparently gave UMKC everything they could handle.
      Heck, eventually the Roos could be a big rival of yours if you get into the mid continent conference so be nice to them. I suspect they will have the last laugh on Jan16th. By the way I hope finances aren't so bleak for the jacks that they call 89Rabbit and ask to bunk there instead of their usual Super 8. I will be there on january 16th.

Comment

Press release, Jacks players the classiest crew ever encountered at Georgia Southern. Omaha, Nebraska isn't that near Lincoln where the Huskers play? Is there anyone with any class who attended/attends UNO? I know several docs in and from Omaha and not one attended UNO or would dream (or should I say have nightmares) about their kids attending school there. I wonder why that is? (rhetorical question)
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
          You boys know how to kick a guy when he is down.  That was a very frustrating loss.  But as much "piling on" as I have done I  can take my licks like a man.
          William Jewell has had some decent naia teams but still to lose to them is something. Those battling Baptists apparently gave UMKC everything they could handle.
          Heck, eventually the Roos could be a big rival of yours if you get into the mid continent conference so be nice to them.   I suspect they will have the last laugh on Jan16th.  By the way I hope finances aren't so bleak for the jacks that they call 89Rabbit  and ask to bunk there instead of their usual Super 8.  I will be there on january 16th.  

I'm glad to see big jake is doing so well after his surgery:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in651815.shtml

We are all pulling for you big jake! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Jack MD,

Of course they think you're classy. They kicked your arse by close to 60 some points. Are you going to be pumping your chest after getting you heads handed to you? Of course arrogant doctors aren't going to send their kids to UNO when most of them graduated from Creighton. I am sure that SDSU isn't high on their list either.  Your South Dakota's only land grant school yet your states medical school is based out of Vermillion??

Mavs #1

Comment

We gave USD the med school and law school to entice people to go to school there. As the university of choice in SD, we had to throw them a bone. I'm not sure what the enticement is for going to UNO. Maybe the students enjoy being associated with a university that is no more than an afterthought within the state after UNL and Creighton. (UNO wishes they were at least an afterthought outside of the state.) Or maybe it's the warm fuzzy atmosphere one gets from living in Omaha, one of the most criminally disfunctional cities in the country. (By the way, when is HBO coming to town to do it's next "crack kills families" or "gangland USA" special?) Or maybe it's because UNO beat SDSU in basketball the last couple of years and they feel the need to hang their hat on something. Congratulations.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Jake,

I found this web site, I thought it might help you get over the UMKC loss if you talked it over with some Roo fans. I didn't realize that William Jewell was a NAIA D-II team. Ouch that makes it even worse. :-[

UMKC fan board:

http://www.voy.com/31401/1353.html

Go State! ;D

Comment

Any idiot who would continue to compare UMKC to SDSU is just that and idiot. I am just dumbfounded by the stupidity that exists in this world, dumbfounded!!!
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

89 rabbit - I want you to know that my beloved Roos are ranked 221 in the sagarin ratings and your rabbits are tied for dead last with your other former ncc brethren. Well, at least no matter what happens you can't go any lower than where you are. Go ROOS!!

Comment

As we discussed on other threads, Sargin ratings don't mean a thing until the season starts. It is not a poll but a ranking system based on mathematics. Since there is no data for SDSU or NDSU we are just tacked on at the end.

Don't worry we will blow past the Roos in no time at all. If you look at the Massey ratings (similar to Sargin except that he rates all College teams so he has data on SDSU we are already way ahead of the Roos). Besides that we didn't lose to a NAIA D-II team in exhibition like UMKC did. :-[ See you in KC! ;D

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X