Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you afraid to play us???

SDSU fan,

Rumor around the UNO campus is that SDSU is afraid to play UNO in the Burger King Holiday Classic. SDSU chose not to play us and scheduled two cupcakes
    instead. Most around here feel that Nagy knows that Mckenna owns him, losing four out of the last five including breaking your long home streak last year at Frost Arena. Nagy also probably knows that UNO has signed two D1 transfers who started last year for Drake and Providence (real D1 schools).  So to avoid the embarrassment of losing to a D2 school he chose not to play us.
             By the way, nice sponsor for you basketball tournament. What did Mcdonald's turn you down??  Does Brookings even have a Burger King??  Let me guess, if SDSU scores more than 50 points (which might be a stretch this year) all the rabbitt fans get free Whoopers!! Is the winners trophy presented by the king himself? You would like to think that a D1 school would be able to at least get Perkins or Village Inn.
              Also it is my understanding that Andy Moeller transfered to Minnesota State so that he could finally beat UNO. He was disappointed that SDSU couldn't win the conference title last year and that they got pummeled by 40 pts to Metro State. The future didn't look good and he wanted his senior season to be one to remember and not one to forget.
               I also talked to Ty Graham and he is sad that he won't get the opportunity to beat SDSU again after turning down their scholarship offer. He said that he made sure to have his best game against the Rabbitts to show them what they had missed out on. Instead SDSU took another JUCO (Marquis Richardson) who was arrested for breaking in houses. Sounds like we got the better end of that deal.
              When we would have beaten you in basketball it would have been the third time we have beaten you in a row (swimming and soccer) since you turned D1. But I know you guys are cool with that since it is all about the D1 experience for you guys and celebrating the fact your South Dakota's only land grant university.

Mavericks #1

Re: Why are you afraid to play us???

About the holiday classic, one NCC team has always been invited, but SDSU never plays the NCC team, only the other non-conference teams, as this prevents the teams from playing at least 3, if not 4 or even 5 times during the season. I think last year UND was the NCC team invited. If you don't believe me check out the old schedules and look at it. Man, saying stupid sh*t like this really gives away the commuter school backround.

Comment

I too had heard that andy moeller is just obsessed with beating uno.  He would rather play d2 ball at msu and have a fighting chance of beating uno rather then play for sdsu where uno isn't on the schedule.  It is all about UNO in Moeller's mind.  He eats, sleeps,  and drinks UNO.  He just didn't want to go out losing to uno twice last year
      An appropriate sponsor for the tournament would be "oscar meyer hotdogs".

Comment

How or why would you even reply in a direct manner to something so ludicrous? Months ago these 2 idiots removed any doubt about their intelligents or credibility. Advice, take it or leave it, don't even waste a clever smack reply on trash like this, just let it be.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

« Reply #1 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 8:16pm »  Quote  Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          About the holiday classic, one NCC team has always been invited, but SDSU never plays the NCC team, only the other non-conference teams

Last time I checked SDSU isn't in the NCC anymore so that arguement holds no weight. You guys make it clear that your are no longer in the NCC unless it is convient to do so. They just didn't want the daily double (swimming and soccer) to turn into a trifecta with mens basketball.

Comment

Last time I checked SDSU isn't in the NCC anymore so that arguement holds no weight. You guys make it clear that your are no longer in the NCC unless it is convient to do so. They just didn't want the daily double (swimming and soccer) to turn into a trifecta with mens basketball.
            We were in the NCC when UNO was invited, and agreed to play. The terms would have been that UNO was going to play two other non-conference teams. Think before you post. This has to be the most idiotic series of posts I have ever read. And congrats on the womens soccer and swimming. I know that I was crushed when we lost those, oh wait, I didn't even know. I guess that UNO's claim to fame can be "We beat a D-I school at women's soccer and women's swimming". You coming on a smack board and talking about women's soccer and swimming has to be one of the most pathetic attempts at smack ever recorded. I challenge you to go out and find another sports message board FOR ANY TEAM, AT ANY TIME that is bragging to another school how they beat them in women's soccer and swimming. Its pitiful.

Comment

It's hard not to run a little smack when you lose in swimming or soccer or one of the other sports since you people are the ones who have an entire category on this board (other sdsu activities) devoted to sports like that. So obviously you must think it is important or else you would not even write about it. Heck - you people even write about cross country and equestrian which may be the 2 most worthless sports ever evented.
              I just feel a little more anger being generated on this board lately bc December is rolling around and you are nervous about being asked to the "dance" also known as the BSC. Just take a deep breath and relax and don't take mav1 and my insights so personally. While we are right most of the time there are other times that you people make sense, too. Have a nice day, fellas.
              PS - Being a D1 independent is not that bad. You get to see this great country from coast to coast every year that way.

Comment

Winona St hosts the defending champion for a FB playoff game, give me a ****ing break!!! What a joke!
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I suppose there are a couple of ridiculous assertions in this thread that deserve responses:

Andy Moeller transferred out of SDSU because Nagy didn't want him on the team anymore. Let's just say there were some discipline problems and leave it at that. I hope he does well at Mankato. But to say beating UNO was part of his decision-making process is just silly.

Burger King is the holiday classic sponsor probably because the local BK owner is a huge Jackrabbits fan and athletics booster.

I'll say it again: UNO has a great thing going in DII. Their basketball team looks like a national contender this year, which is good for them. Their football program had a great NCC season again. So why in the world do these two guys expend so much energy worrying about a former rival that has moved on? Other than when they post on this board (and I'm not trying to discourage them, since they get some fun stuff going here sometimes) I don't give UNO a second thought.

What's behind the obsession, fellas?

Comment

I have answered that a couple of times before but I guess you didn't read it.
                    1. Been a huge umkc fan for the last 25 years and their move to d1 has been filled with potholes. Never followed the philosophical reasons for them wanting to go so I wanted to learn a lot of what is behind the move with sdsu's move. I have learned a lot and am interested to see if you will be successful. I tend to think not but will keep an open mind.
                    2. If they lower scholarship limits in fb to 24 in d2 I think there is a reasonable chance uno will go d1 which adds to my interest.
                    3. I just think it is an interesting topic in general. I don't know why but it just is. Same with why do so many people in omaha love the chi. cubs. They have never lived there, have no ties to the city but they are very interested in the cubs. Same with me with your move.
                    Actually I think it adds to interest on this lame site. Other than a few people it is just a bunch of like minded patting each other on the back. A little variety of opinion spices things up.
                    89 Rabbit - I thought william jewell was naia d1 - that is interesting. Kind of shows the problems umkc is having - kind of similar to the problems I predict you will have although I do think you won't get knocked off by naia schools in men's bb.

Comment

uno will never go D1 unless the state govt. closes the other school in Lincoln, I dont expect that to happen, do you? you should just be happy about joining your new league (MIAA) in the next few years.

Comment

UMKC IS NOT COMPARABLE TO SDSU. ONLY AN IDIOT COULD NOT SEE THIS. YOUR EXPLANATIONS HAVE NO MERIT. PLEASE THINK BEFORE TYPING!!

Comment

Jack MD,

Who pi**ed in your cheerios this morning? Two posts that are very mean spirited. Hey your football team played a hard fought double OT game and probably would have won if the game was at home. There does that make you feel better??

Mavs #1

Comment

It was a bad day yesterday. Even though today is better, I'm still not happy with yous guys from Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                              It was a bad day yesterday.  Even though today is better, I'm still not happy with yous guys from Omaha.

They are not happy with themselves, and they shouldn't be!

They both got fired from Burger King! It was much too classy of an organization for those two.

Fortunately for them McDonalds was hiring for a position that just fit them!

http://www.funnyfreepics.com/funny-297.php

Actually they are very overpaid at $6 an hour! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Working...
                              X