Nice choke job Rabbitts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice choke job Rabbitts

I find it funny that you were 8 minutes away from your first Mens BB victory and were ahead by 17 points and choked it away. How tight must that noose been around the Rabbitts necks at the end of the game.What is worse is the fact that the dude that hit the shot had not made a basket all year and you let him drive a dagger through your heart.
                   Mike Nelke is now my favorite basketball player in the country. If he never makes another shot all year that would be fine with me. In fact, I am hoping that he doesn't make another point all year. The one shot that he did hit caused your biggest meltdown in history. He now becomes your Bucky Dent and Bill Buckner rolled in one. Rabbitt fans will have to change his middle name to Frickin. Mike (Frickin) Nelke!!! I am seriously thinking of changing my member name from Mavs#1 to Mike Nelke. Kind of has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
                 What of greater concern is your beloved Mens BB program. That was your best chance to defeat a D1 school if you can call SEMO that. They were missing their best player and still came back from 17 down. You better schedule some more multi-directional schools to get your first D1 victory. Is there a Northeast Southern Texas State? I'll check into that for you guys. Save your excuses for someone who will listen. I will go ahead and list them since I already know whtat they are. 1We are young and wait till these guys are seniors 2. It is all about the D1 experience  this year and besides we are South Dakota's only land grant university. 3. lt will take us awhile at D1 to get good enough to compete. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah. Trust me when I say you will get sick of losing after all your winning in the past. Ask Nebraska football fans if having a losing season is fun.
                        Got to go because I am meeting Mike Nelke at the bar to buy him a cold one. I am sure that you guys will say your excited to play Marquette even though they will beat you by 50. I wish Dwayne Wade was still on that team. He might set some NCAA scoring records in that one. I am off faster than a Mike Nelke shot at the buzzer.

Your friend,

Mike Nelke aka... Mavs1

Re: Nice choke job Rabbitts

Colorado State 76 Northern Colorado 68

Colrado State 88 Nebraska-Omaha 64

You guys got absolutely rolled by a team that only beat Northern Colorado by 8 points. Northern Colorado is not a very good team this year either. SDSU could beat them if they played them, I'd say pretty easily.

Comment

Maverstink#1,

Nice to have you back.  Must have flunked out of your Junior College courses for the fall semester again.  As for your assesment of the loss to SEMO, suprisingly accurate.  

BTW, what conference you guys planning to join next fall?  Enjoy your Busch light but make sure you save at least $20 for a dime bag and cheap ho.  Thats all you've got to look forward to my friend.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                       Mike Nelte is now my favorite basketball player in the country. If he never makes another shot all year that would be fine with me. In fact, I am hoping that he doesn't make another point all year. The one shot that he did hit caused your biggest meltdown in history. He now becomes your Bucky Dent and Bill Buckner rolled in one.

I see you are out of rehab, but not taking your meds. My goodness I have never seen someone derive such pleasure from someone else’s misfortune. For God's sake man we were never even rivals. That and the over exaggeration, get some prospective. Go seek help before it is to late. :

Go State! ;D

Comment

Can't argue.

Mav#1 - how were those UNO football playoff games this year?

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
            Colorado State 76 Northern Colorado 68

Colrado State 88 Nebraska-Omaha 64

You guys got absolutely rolled by a team that only beat Northern Colorado by 8 points.  Northern Colorado is not a very good team this year either.  SDSU could beat them if they played them, I'd say pretty easily.
            You can add Colorado St. 80 Northern St. 77 to your list of scores. However, I do think NSU is going to be a good team this year, they were young last year.

Comment

Mav-

You're not doing your school any favor by constantly being a jag. I used to love playing at UNO. Always had huge hoggers, tough RBs, Martay Jenkins and some top notch option QBs. We always played close games and the UNO/SDSU hobo days was one of the all-time greats. In that game, I was high-lowed by your TE and FB, blowing my MCL. The FB and I butted heads for 3 years. We always talked trash all game, but shook hands in mutual respect in the end. If I was to garner an opinion on the quality of person coming from UNO I would wager heavily that your FB intentionally took my knee out. However, that would make me a bitter ex-jock who couldn't move on and constantly blamed others for my misfortunes (you should understand the feeling, minus the ex-jock part). UNO has quality athletes and quality personel. I think they would be embarrassed to know you purported to be a representative of their school.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

[td]If I was to garner an opinion on the quality of person coming from UNO I would wager heavily that your FB intentionally took my knee out.[/td]

I meant that if I was to use you as an example for garnering an opinion of the quality of UNO people. Wanted to give you credit where credit is due.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I'm going to say this again about Maverick #1. He has nothing but negative things to say. He's a constant complainer. He likes to think he's a little smarter than most people. That's a common trait among complainers. It doesn't surprise me one bit that we haven't heard from him in awhile, yet he appears after the Missouri game.

Are you a drunk? Or, do you just wait until someone stumbles and then you laugh at them? You are a pathetic individual. I'm glad you aren't one of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                    Rabbitt fans will have to change his middle name to Frickin. Mike (Frickin) Nelte!!!
                    Mavs#1 can be a pain. But you have to admit, that's a good line.

Comment

I think there is a possibility that sdsu could look very attractive to the bsc in five years if you can ever show that you can compete at a decent level in most sports and if geographic distance isn't an issue. You have had some nice moments but in the 2 big sports of fb and men's bb you only have beaten ga. southern and then your ncc brethren which is no big deal. One great win thus far. So the jury is out on whether you can be successful in the long run even though most of the fanatics on this site seem to think so. It is ironic though that we are discussing semo bc they are just like umkc and are perfect examples of what the future will be like for sdsu. You will win some games but will always be mired in the bottom hundred teams of d1. I can see how the bsc could find you attractive if you can do some things like win in the next five years. But for now why would they want to take you when all they have are promises about what your future holds. They should wait a few years and see if you can compete. The only other option you have is the mid cont and that is really not that good of an option and I know a lot about that crummy conference.
                      I know losing hurts but it does help to build character.
                      Finally, I know much of your revenue increases are planned on increased ticket sales - I suspect the sdsu bean counters have to be worried when the initial excitement of d1 wears off and losses keep adding up.
                      89 Rabbit - My Roos are ranked 219th in HOop Scoops talent ratings for all 326 teams. YOu weren't even mentioned maybe bc you are on probation or whatever they call it. You have a long long way til you catch us this year. That came out of my latest bb times magazine.
                      Finally, why do you people give us so much trouble about UNO teams. As 89 Rabbit said this is a site about sdsu and the topics should remain relevant to sdsu so in the future I would appreciate you people laying off the uno smack.

Comment

Actually, the football team beat the 3 d2 schools, plus 3 d1 schools - not 1.  

They didn't beat ga southern, they beat Southern.

Also, they beat Northern Colorado and NDSU.  

6-5 in the first year of D1 - I'd say that is competing in d1.  Lost 2 games big - 1st one and to GA Southern(who beat almost all teams in regular season like they beat us).

Lost one game in OT, one game by 3 in the final minutes, and another by 3 with 2 seconds left(a big sky team).  The last one - we played a ranked team really tough to the finish.  

I just don't see how our season this year in football is a low point in the big sky.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                          Actually, the football team beat the 3 d2 schools, plus 3 d1 schools - not 1.  

They didn't beat ga southern, they beat Southern.

Also, they beat Northern Colorado and NDSU.  

6-5 in the first year of D1 - I'd say that is competing in d1.  Lost 2 games big - 1st one and to GA Southern(who beat almost all teams in regular season like they beat us).

Lost one game in OT, one game by 3 in the final minutes, and another by 3 with 2 seconds left(a big sky team).  The last one - we played a ranked team really tough to the finish.  

I just don't see how our season this year in football is a low point in the big sky.
                          Good try but logic doesn't work when jake and mav are involved. I'm sure they're both back at the bar by now.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

jack md, If I had a terminal disease I would love to have you as a doctor bc you are so optimistic in the face of so much gloom. ON the other hand though I would worry about your work ethic bc you are always posting on this site. I guess it is better than being on some adult oriented site but I just didn't realize that doctors had the kind of free time to continually post on a board like this.
                            But I don't mean to embarrass you. Bill STeinke of D2fb.com fame posts 10 posts a day every single day of the year on d2fb.com. You have a long way to go before you get there. Pity the rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                              jack md,  If I had a terminal disease I would love to have you as a doctor bc you are so optimistic in the face of so much gloom.  ON the other hand though I would worry  about your work ethic bc you are always posting on this site.  I guess it is better than being on some adult oriented site but I just didn't realize that doctors had the kind of free time to continually post on a board like this.
                              But I don't mean to embarrass you.  Bill STeinke of D2fb.com fame posts 10 posts a day every single day of the year on d2fb.com.  You have a long way to go before you get there.  Pity the rabbit!!
                              This is without a doubt the best post I have ever read. I've been wondering myself how the good Doc finds the time to post so often. It's no knock on the Doc because I think it's great that he has been able to find a job in his profession that allows him so much time on the computer, that is rare in the medical field. Kudos to JackMD for finding a job that allows him to post all day long.

Comment

Working...
                              X