• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank God for Mayville State

Leave it up to a NAIA school to bail you out from a goose
    egg in the win column.

Mavs#1

Re: Thank God for Mayville State

The person who made your bb schedule should be scolded for not getting your former ncc brethren (unc) on the schedule for a home and home. That would have been 2 wins there. Also, think you will probably beat ndsu once and I predict your first real d1 win (it pains me to say this) will come against my beloved roos. We are terrible this year (0-4), we lost to william jewell in an exhibition, and your game is wrapped between 2 league games where we will probably not be up for it. I plan to be there and it will bother me if we lose but that could easily happen. To get drilled at home by northern iowa by 25 is a flat out disgrace. I guess the team that will win will be the team that is least demoralized by that point which will probably be sdsu since you will get d2 wins along the way. UMKC won't win much at all this year.
    On the other hand your team could be so demoralized you could get beat by a d2 team along the way.
    Mav 1 - sign me up for the mike nelke fan club. He won't be the last guy this year to break the jacks hearts. Much more pain is to follow. I know - I follow the Roos and I know what pain is all about.

Comment

I read in the KC Star that Pitt State lost to Valdosta State in the D-II Football Championship.  Didn't Pitt State beat your Mavs in the playoffs.  Oh, that's right your NCC Champion Mavs didn't even get an invite to the playoffs.  My bad, sorry.  I don't really keep up with the lesser divisions.  

Go State!  ;D

P.S. see you at Hale Arena.

Comment

BTW, Mayville State took care of Pat Behrn's alma mater Dakota State last night in Madison SD. I guess Dakota State needs to put old Pat back in uniform and get him out on the floor.

Beating Mayville was a quality win, who cares if they were NAIA.

Comment

sdsu fan, You are reaching when you describe naia wins as quality wins. I doubt even coach nagy considers that a quality win. Go Roos!!
          89 rabbit - yeah you're right about the mavs not in the playoffs and you are right about the watered down ncc but we have 4 league fb titles since 96. I think you got your last one when jackie kennedy was still wearing those pillbox hats.

Comment

Ah the good old days back when SDSU was just a D-II school. We have moved on maybe you should too.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Northern Iowa is actually a good team. They lost to Iowa by 3 is all. They drilled Iowa State by about the same as they beat UMKC. I do think we can beat UMKC, but I think we will have to play really well in order to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo
                Northern Iowa is actually a good team.  They lost to Iowa by 3 is all.  They drilled Iowa State by about the same as they beat UMKC.  I do think we can beat UMKC, but I think we will have to play really well in order to do it.
                I watched the UNI-Iowa game. UNI could easily have won that game. They're a very good team that shoots lights out from the three point line. I expect to see them in the NCAA tourney this year. There's no shame in UMKC losing to UNI. They're really good.

Comment

Working...
                X