Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice to Big Jake, Mavrick, and Sports_Buff

*From the Moderator

You apperantly still don't understand what a smack board is about.  That is understandable since UNO dosen't have enough fan interest to support a board.  However that is not our problem.

Let me explain yet again.  Generally this is a place for team that we play to come and say "my school is better then yours, nah nah" in a fun and entertaining way.  It is not a place for you to post the same mean spirited non-sense over and over.

Moving forward any such post will be removed ASAP with no explanation.  Again if you don't like it start your own "State hater board" and post away.  You are guests on our board and I for one am growing tired of your D-II chatter.

Re: Notice to Big Jake and Mavrick

Did I miss something? The posts that I read from BigJake and Maverick talked about UNO going 2-0 this weekend against the same teams that swept State. It seems like the "Our team is better than your team, nah nah" smack that you said should be used. What specifically did they say that was out of line? I would actually like to know so I can avoid smack like that. I really am just wondering because I would like to make posts without having them pulled. Is it wrong to bring up a State loss? Or are they crossing the line when they say that State might be in for some hard winters? Please don't take this post the wrong way I just want to be respectful of your fan board and I want to know whats seen as acceptable.

Comment

*From the Moderator

Sports_Buff,

You did miss something.  You stopped reading to soon,  the highlighted part after nah nah and the next sentence is what you/they are missing.

If you would like to discuss this matter further please send me a private message.

Comment

*From the Moderator

Originally posted by sports_buff
         Please don't take this post the wrong way I just want to be respectful of your fan board and I want to know whats seen as acceptable.
        Welcome to the club sports_buff, I guess you really weren't interested in being respectful.

Comment

Re: Notice to Big Jake, Mavrick, and Sports_Buff

*From the Moderator

Please see announcement:

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1104444147

Comment

89, this is asked in all seriousness: Please define fun and entertaining so that we all know what is allowed.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

(*edited by Moderator, please use user names)

Why do SDSUFAN's attacks on everything USD keep showing up on this board?  It appears to be "the same mean spirited non-sense over and over".  I don't think many find the attacks "fun and entertaining".  Most of the other posters take their jabs at USD in a fun, entertaining and sometimes subtle fashion, similar to the jabs thrown back and forth anytime fans of the U and State gather together.  Their is no hate evident in most others posts, mostly just good natured fun, however SDSUFan comes across as having a very deep hatred for the U.

Comment

*From the Moderator

Guys, am I going to sit down and type out what is and is not appropriate for the board? An all encompassing master document to govern this board? No. That would be far to time consuming and I could never cover every conceivable circumstance. So as the Moderator I will reserve the right to review, on a case by case basis, posts and determine if they are appropriate.

If they are not appropriate they will be removed. You or anyone are always welcome to send me a PM to discuss the matter further. I have pulled posts written by both SDSU and non-SDSU fans. Does this board have pro-SDSU bias? Do SDSU posters receive a little extra leeway? Sure this is an SDSU Fan board.

Bottom line use common sense when posting. Would you say the things you are about to post in a room full of SDSU fans? If not, you probably shouldn’t post it here because for all intent and purposes that is what this is. When posters are lacking in common sense, that is when I step in and act as Moderator.

Take a look at some of the posts on the smack board, I think you will find that the leeway granted to all is large on this board.

Comment

Sorry I can't agree with you on this. The leeway tends to be given only one way, and quite frankly, that ruins a smack board. Oh well, it is your board. I'm done with the smack section.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
                    Sorry I can't agree with you on this. The leeway tends to be given only one way, and quite frankly, that ruins a smack board. Oh well, it is your board. I'm done with the smack section.
                    Fair enough, to be honest I am not a big fan of the smack board. It requires a lot of attention and dosen't yield much, except hard feelings. In fact it was only added in an attempt to keep the other boards (Jackrabbit Football, Jackrabbit Basketball, and Other SDSU Activities) from being polluted. Our friends from Georgia Southern help bring it into existence. If the smack board went away tomorrow (and the other boards weren't polluted) it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes
                      (*edited by Moderator, please use user names)

Why do SDSUFAN's attacks on everything USD keep showing up on this board?  It appears to be "the same mean spirited non-sense over and over".  I don't think many find the attacks "fun and entertaining".  Most of the other posters take their jabs at USD in a fun, entertaining and sometimes subtle fashion, similar to the jabs thrown back and forth anytime fans of the U and State gather together.  Their is no hate evident in most others posts, mostly just good natured fun, however SDSUFan comes across as having a very deep hatred for the U.
                      89 rabbit:
                      I appreciate the editing, and the fact you deleted my post was okay too.  Its a case of "Never getting in a Pissing match with a skunk."  Just for the board's info goCoyotes and I go back a long ways, and I have always been accused of hatred towards USD.  Maybe its because, I could not convince my Norwegian born Dad to sign a note at the bank nearly 40 years ago so that I could attend USD to major in accounting.  The problem was my parents were my big scholarship at SDSU.  My parents provided room and board since they were seven blocks from the SDSU campus, you dont go elsewhere to school.  Thats got to be the reason  why I hate USD
                      ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X