JackguyII  

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackguyII  

You're wrong on why we are the only consideration for the Big Sky.  We have great academics.  We are considered one of the great teacher education schools in America.  Our music program is one of the best in the nation as well.  Our orchestra depatment was named the top college orchestra by Downbeat Magazine, our Jazz program is the only college program to ever win a grammy.  Our business department has recently won the prestigous Malcom Balbridge Quality Award, that is given directly by the President of the United States.  Oh and by the way, our sports aren't too bad either.  How many D-2 national titles has SDSU won?  I could be mistaken, but you haven't won any!  Our baseball team has already deafeted several division 1 teams last season, and our volleyball team would kill yours.  Jackguy II, please do a little more research next time you disrespect my school.  Bear Down!

Re: JackguyII

SDSU has won 8 NCAA D-II titles compared to UNC's 2.

Men's Basketball
    Women's Basketball
    5 Men's Cross Country
    Women's Cross Country

Also the Jackrabbit Volleyball team took 2 out of 3 from the Bears this season.  So maybe you should take your own advise about doing research.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan
      You're wrong on why we are the only consideration for the Big Sky.  We have great academics.  We are considered one of the great teacher education schools in America.  Our music program is one of the best in the nation as well.  Our orchestra depatment was named the top college orchestra by Downbeat Magazine, our Jazz program is the only college program to ever win a grammy.  Our business department has recently won the prestigous Malcom Balbridge Quality Award, that is given directly by the President of the United States.  Oh and by the way, our sports aren't too bad either.  How many D-2 national titles has SDSU won?  I could be mistaken, but you haven't won any!  Our baseball team has already deafeted several division 1 teams last season, and our volleyball team would kill yours.  Jackguy II, please do a little more research next time you disrespect my school.  Bear Down!
      Just to point out some contradictory information to what I've put in bold above.  Since you didn't specify sport, SDSU won a DII national title in Women's basketball in 2003.  I know you'll come back with the football argument, but you didn't specify.  And as far as volleyball goes, SDSU won 2 out of 3 vs. UNC this year.  Good try though.

Comment

Damn you 89Rabbit for beating me to the punch ;D

Comment

Based on the title of your post and even more on the irrelevant and inaccurate content, you have let your fingers remove all doubt with regards to your intellect and credibility.  Post all you want.  After this, I won't be reading or responding to any of it and I recommend the same for all.  Thanks for confirming my earlier suspicions.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

uncbearsfan's post reminds me of an old story.  

150 years ago a guy by the name of Tim O'Connor was working at a saw mill.  He was killed by a circular saw.  The newspaper obituary said, "Tim O'Connor was a fine man.  He was an upright citizen and an outstanding patriot, but he was of limited information regarding circular saws."  

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
              uncbearsfan's post reminds me of an old story.  

150 years ago a guy by the name of Tim O'Connor was working at a saw mill.  He was killed by a circular saw.  The newspaper obituary said, "Tim O'Connor was a fine man.  He was an upright citizen and an outstanding patriot, but he was of limited information regarding circular saws."  
              LOL!
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Someone has the cojones to start a thread that says "Jackguy II is on drugs" and proceeds to make himself look like an idiot by being completely wrong on almost all of his reasons for making the thread in the first place?  And, AND, he's a UNC fan touting adademics?  Yeah, that sounds about right.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

You forgot to add great facilities and fan support.  Were you over or under 700/ game for men's bb last year?  Over or under 4500 for largest crowd at a football game this year?

Comment

Originally posted by jack100

You forgot to add great facilities and fan support.  Were you over or under 700/ game for men's bb last year?  Over or under 4500 for largest crowd at a football game this year?
                    Under in Basketball

UNC averaged 619 fans per game with 13 home dates

Just over in football 4th in the Great west:

GREAT WEST CONFERENCE Att. . . G . . . Avg
                    North Dakota State . . . . . 79,614 . 6 . . 13,269
                    South Dakota State . . . . . 39,384 . 4 . . .9,846
                    Cal Poly SLO . . . . . . . . . . .41,974 . 5 . . . 8,395
                    Cal-Davis . . . . . . . . . . . . . 29,010 . 4 . . . 7,253
                    Northern Colorado . . . . . .27,370 . 6 . . . 4,562
                    Southern Utah . . . . . . . . .19,197 . 5 . . . 3,839

Go State!  ;D

Comment

and has the smarts to be a drive poster as well.  doesn't even return to see the wisdom of his remarks.
                      Hilarious.
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

My fault for not being specific for national titles won.  Yes, I meant you have no titles for football.  Hence, I put it on the football post.  MilwaukeeJacksAlum, you are making fun of UNC academics when at least they taught us at UNC how  to spell academics correct.  You spelled it adademics?  You are great man!  Look, it's not my fault the BSC is rejected your university.  Jealousy is not good my friend.  Even if the BSC ends up not expanding, I think it's good that they are even considering UNC.  

Comment

I went to a fb game a few years ago in Greeley with unc playing uno.  UNC had a great team that year and there were no more than 4k there. And now unc is going d1?
                          Makes little sense to me.  Also, when the heck is craig rasmussen going to win a d1 game?  You are 1.5 years into the process and still nothing against d1 teams.  Pretty pathetic. I think there is more apathy at unc than at uno and that is saying something. UNO isn't even d1 and we beat San Jose St a couple of seasons ago.
                          Also, unc bears fan - I think a lot of people on this site are ridiculous in their over the top optimism but give milwaukee jacks a break.  His error was not a spelling error but  a typing one.  It is easy to tell the difference.
                          Also, why can't I ever get on that unc fan site of yours?  Never seems to work.

Comment

Hold it, uncbearsfan.  I think there's an understood ground rule about posts to message boards: minor spelling mistakes are tolerated.  Most posters dash out their message and then send it without proofreading.  Your message, for example, misspelled the name "Baldridge" in the award your school received.  Do you have an orchestra depatment or department?  Want me to go on?  

Chronic misspellings might be fair game for the smack board but a few errors: who cares.  MilwaukeeJacksFan's left hand must have slipped just a little when he hit the "d" rather than the "c" right below it.  You, on the other hand, obviously did not know how to spell Baldridge...Balbridge?  You had to try to substituted the "b" for the "d".  

Bottom line: we all knew what you were saying even though you had several misspellings.  So your retort is to comment on someone's typo?

Comment

BigJake and JackJD, ofcourse I realize he just made a typo, it was a joke.  Anyways, regarding our fan base.  Yes it sucks.  For several reasons I believe.  First, UNC is a suitcase college.  Meaning, most of the students want to go home to either Denver or Colorado Springs on Saturdays and Sundays.  Second, we are competing for the attention against three in-state division 1a  teams.  One of which is located only 30 minutes away from Greeley.  Third, Greeley sucks.  It is a very slow pathetic city.  Most of our population is hispanic.  And not to sound racist, but I don't know of a lot of hispanics that like football.  Those are my reasons why we don't have a large fan base. I don't see the reasons why  MilwaukeeJacksAlum had to knock our academics.  Did I knock SDSU's academics?  Despite our pathetic fan base we are still deserving of at least the BSC taking a look at us.

Comment

Working...
                              X