Puerto Rico-Rio-Piedras???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puerto Rico-Rio-Piedras???

First your women play Si Tanka (sounds like a bad Japanese karate movie) and now your men play Puerto Rico- Rio-Piedras ?? Where are you finding these Schools? I know that Si Tanka is in Iowa, but come on. I follow college basketball pretty closely but have never heard of this school in Puerto Rico. Doubt that one will be on the ESPN ticker. UNO played Notre Dame and Michigan in back to back weekends. Maybe you have heard of those schools. Looking at the schedules, its hard to tell which school is D1.

Mavs #1

Re: Puerto Rico-Rio-Piedras???

Mav, mav, mav (head shaking). You know so little, but yet profess to know so much, Si Tanka is in Huron, SD. About an hour from Brookings....

Comment

Who cares? Thats my point, why is a D1 school scheduling schools that no one knows about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
        Who cares? Thats my point, why is a D1 school scheduling schools that no one knows about.

Because the NCC teams wouldn't play us?

Comment

Well Mav, since you will be staying D2, You can look forward to playing teams like Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras on a regular basis, If you were well informed, that particular school was cited as an example of why we were leaving  D2. PRRP is a example of the future of DII, thats YOUR division. We will never see them after this year but uno might-Have Fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
            Well Mav, since you will be staying D2, You can look forward to playing teams like Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras on a regular basis, If you were well informed, that particular school was cited as an example of why we were leaving  D2. PRRP is a example of the future of DII, thats YOUR division. We will never see them after this year but uno might-Have Fun!!
            He he.

Comment

Nice win over PRRP (I think). Do you play NDSU next?

Comment

Since the only teams that you can seem to beat are from Puerto Rico, I have done your AD a favor and found some other Puerto Rican schools you might be able to beat. Here is a list of other D2 schools that are in Puerto Rico that you haven't played yet since you can't seem to beat any D2 schools here on the mainland.

1. Puerto Rico Cayey

2. Puerto Rico Humacao

3. Puerto Rico Mayaguez

I have listed some of their websites below for contacts to schedule games. You are going to need some more cupcakes for next year because you are not going to be that good. Only 4 more days until your unsuccessful season comes to an end.

http://www.uprm.edu/

http://cuhwww.upr.clu.edu/index.htm

Mavs #1

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericks#1
                  Since the only teams that you can seem to beat are from Puerto Rico, I have done your AD a favor and found some other Puerto Rican schools you might be able to beat. He is a list of other D2 schools that are in Puerto Rico that you haven't played yet since you can't seem to beat any D2 schools here on the mainland.

1. Puerto Rico Cayey

2. Puerto Rico Humacao

3. Puerto Rico Mayaguez

I have listed some of their websites below for contacts to schedule games. You are going to need some more cupcakes for next year because you are not going to be that good. Only 4 more days until your unsuccessful season comes to an end.

http://www.uprm.edu/

http://cuhwww.upr.clu.edu/index.htm

Mavs #1
                  Sorry, Mav#1, the NCAA will only let us schedule two lower division schools like UNO next year, and we've already got Morningside and SW Minnesota signed up.

Now, I'll be the first to say that with any luck they won't kick our @ss next year like they did this year, but such is life.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Speaking of DII, l see that UNO is back ranked 2 in the North Central Region. It looks like Metro State is the team to beat again. I'll be rooting for UNO the rest of the way out. Oddly enough, the vaunted USD Coyotes are 7th in the region. Looks like no post-season for them. Shame.

Comment

Top eight teams in the Region get in...NSIC doesn't have any teams in the top 8...meaning that the top 7 right now would get in...which also means that the Coyotes would get in...plus the new poll comes out tomorrow where the Coyotes will likely be ranked number 6. So...they Coyotes would be in the regional if the season ended today.

Comment

Won't 1 team from the NSIC get an auto bid if they win the conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                          Won't 1 team from the NSIC get an auto bid if they win the conference?
                          Thats why he says the top 7 right now.

USD should move up in the rankings tomorrow. It'll come down to this weekend and the NCC tourney to determine which 4 NCC teams make the regional. UNO and MSUM are locks. SCSU, UND, and USD will be playing for 2 spots at best. I doubt 5 teams from the NCC will make the field of 8. Maybe only 3.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

As much as it pains me to say it, USD deserves a spot if they were to start tomorrow. It'll all shake out this weekend and sombody's going to be left at the alter...

Comment

My mavs will be No. 1 in region this week since metro lost their 3rd game last wk. They have already reserved the Civic Auditorium here in case we end up hosting regionals. I doubt we will bc I expect to lose at MSU. I am driving to that game - does anyone know how much of highway 60 from worthington to mankato is 2 lane driving.

Comment

Working...
                              X