PDA

View Full Version : How many games will you win next year?

Mavericks#1
03-04-2005, 04:51 AM
Since your season is over, unlike some of us. I thought it would be interesting to see how many games you think your mens b-ball team will win next year. Not many cupcakes next year. I put the over/ under at 8.
That might be generous.

Mavs#1

OK_Jackrabbit
03-04-2005, 05:34 AM
That's a good question, but probably a little premature. Maybe we should wait until the schedule is set and until we know who all the new players will be before we start making predictions.

SDSUFAN
03-04-2005, 06:38 AM
We will win all of them. I say that faciously so Mav No 1 can call us out when we lose.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-04-2005, 07:17 AM
We will win all of them. I say that faciously so Mav No 1 can call us out when we lose.

I predict 1 loss, in double overtime on a last second 75 footer, to the current #1 team in the country, Illinois.

Texas_Jacks_Fan
03-04-2005, 08:35 AM
No way - we'll beat Illinois. I predict 27-0 regular season and since were not NCAA eligible I assume we will go on to win the NIT.

JACKGUYII
03-04-2005, 08:44 AM
I will take a 40 point loss to an Illinois vs a 40 point win over Dakota Wesleyen anyday.

joeybrownerHOF
03-04-2005, 08:56 AM
For Mavs

i was fortunate enough last year to play the TPC in Scottsdale. This course hosts the FBR tournament on the PGA. I am a pretty average golfer, but when I teed up my ball, there was no doubt in my mind I was playing the tips, like the big boys. I shot beyond my average but was able to see what it is really like. I scored a par on a few holes and that was a great feeling. If I wanted to shoot better I could have played a closer tee (lower caliber) but what does that gain me, why limit the opportunities for true greatness.

sports_buff
03-04-2005, 08:58 AM
I will take a 40 point loss to an Illinois vs a 40 point win over Dakota Wesleyen anyday.

This year you were looking at a 40 point loss to either team. ;)

jackmd
03-04-2005, 09:06 AM
This year you were looking at a 40 point loss to either team. ;)

I wager we would have given DWU a better game than 40. Might have even beaten them. :D

I think the 8 number is about right for wins. Then again, as Mav says, its not about winning its about the experience. I'm going with that for now.