Good Article in the Argus Leader.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Article in the Argus Leader.

I was wondering if any of you guys got the chance to read the article in the argus leader today.  It will give you a much better idea of what Mueller is really like. The article mentions SDSU several times so I think it is relevant to this board and hopefully it won't get pulled.
    http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...503040334/1002

I like the part about Osama Bin Mueller, where was the uproar there.

Re: Good Article in the Argus Leader.

Good Article, a great player and a great univeristy. How many more lies am I suppose to tell you. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

I like the part about Osama Bin Mueller, where was the uproar there.
      The difference there is that SDSU officials took control of that situation by confiscating the flyers and removing anyone displaying them from the arena.  They didn't site "Freedom of Speech" as an excuse.

Comment

The situations are a bit different when concerning freedom of speech
        Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Buff,

I guess the other diference is that SDSU players weren't selling the flyers out of their home, like Muellar and Anderson.

Comment

I wouldn't say they removed everyone, there wouldn't have been a student section left. I saw plenty of those flyers being displayed throughout the game. But USD fans didn't complain about it, we uderstood that it was just part of a rivalry. Good to know that SDSU administrators didn't care about people's freedom of speech. But thats off topic.
            More importantly, what did you think of the article. Does it change your thoughts about Mueller or not really? You gotta admit that it was pretty funny when he said that he normally gets a phone number after being bit like that.

Comment

Mick Garry has nothing better to do?  I'm not wasting my time glorifying the juvenile attitude Mueller displays.  Self-confidence does not equate to co-ckiness, in fact, acting the way Mueller does is usually an ego protective response.  Are people in SD really interested in reading this?
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                Buff,

I guess the other diference is that SDSU players weren't selling the flyers out of their home, like Muellar and Anderson.
                Just for the record, Mueller and Anderson weren't selling the t-shirts, but their friends were selling them out of their place.
                And no, SDSU players weren't selling the flyers. They were being passed around for free around campus.

Comment

Doesn't really change how I feel about him. He's a good basketball player, who always plays hard. I just don't like his on-court (and sometimes off court)personality.

Comment

Let's be clear the USD Administration and Dakota Dome security have never been in control of their crowds like SDSU is at Frost. The Dome on game day for years was run about as bush league as you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                      Let's be clear the USD Administration and Dakota Dome security have never been in control of their crowds like SDSU is at Frost. The Dome on game day for years was run about as bush league as you can get.
                      Just because they didn't go racing around making everyone turn their t-shirts inside out and acting like NAZI's doesn't mean they were bush league. I thought it was ridiculous the way USD fans would be treated up in Brookings. They didn't allow you to swear, or wear just about any USD t-shirt, and they would make you sit in the upper deck. USD finally started doing that last year--the upper deck thing.
                      I couldn't tell if I was at a basketball game or church.

Comment

You have nothing to complain about regarding seating at basketball games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                          You have nothing to complain about regarding seating at basketball games.
                          Why would you say that, you don't like the view from the upper deck in the dome?
                          I wish we had a separate venue for basketball. Something like Frost, the Barnett Center, or the new place in Mankato would be great.

Comment

....or even the Miller National Guard Armory
                            Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

Why would you say that, you don't like the view from the upper deck in the dome?
                              I wish we had a separate venue for basketball. Something like Frost, the Barnett Center, or the new place in Mankato would be great.
                              Last year I was lucky enough to get tickets behind the Jacks bench. The unfortunate thing was being near the Coyote students. The nacho stain for the mysterious nacho cheese chip still hasn't come out of one of my Jackrabbit hats. And you could ask Stacie Cizek's mother how she felt about being spat on the year before >

Comment

Working...
                              X