SDSU v NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU v NDSU

Trying to listen on the web. Sounds like they have the mic laying on the table. I can hear the pregame music, shoes squeaking and never mind, I hear Steve Imming as we speak....he's on right after Paul Harvey he says...

Re: SDSU v NDSU

Holdren is in the starting lineup

Comment

Thats good. Holdren was at the dr office most of the day yesterday and didnt take part in the shoot around..

Comment

61-53, 4:40 to go, NDSU leads...
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

75-55. NDSU, final.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Women up 44-20 on Upper Iowa at the half.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Nagy postgame: (I-didn't-prepare-the-team coments deleted).

Honestly, Steve, we're bad. We're bad offensively. Their guards are better than ours. They wanted the game more than we did. Their kids were sick and tired about hearing about (SDSU beating them) and did something about it. If you shoot 34% you're not going to win many games.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

well, it's all about guard play in D-I. We don't have guards.

I imagine we'll have some guards next year.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We'll need to dip into the JUCO ranks or maybe hit up a transfer to help our guard situation next year. I know we have a couple of redshirts at the end of the bench, but neither of them strike me as the Austin Hansen or Andy Moeller type. We'll see I guess.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Yeah I know it's a rebuilding year and all that. But isn't that some harsh comments from a coach?

Comment

Jackrabbit Men Lose To Bison

02/18/2005
                      Jackrabbit Men Lose To Bison
                      http://www.gojacks.com/
                      FT. MYERS, FL - South Dakota State fell behind 11-0 to start the game and the Jacks lost to North Dakota State 75-55 in the semi-final round of the National Independent Tournament.

The Jacks caught up several times, including 20-20, but never had the lead as the Bison improved to 15-11 while SDSU fell to 8-17.

After trailing 31-25 at halftime, SDSU tied it at 39, and before Brandon Smith hit a three to keep NDSU in the lead. Then with the Jacks within 48-46, NDSU pulled away.

Ben Beran led SDSU with 24 points while Steve Holdren and Luke Geiver had 10 points each.

NDSU shot 47 per cent (26x55) compared to 34.6 per cent (18x52) after a 6-for-23, 26.1 per cent, first half. NDSU also had a 36-32 rebounding advantage.

Myron Green led NDSU with 21 points, six rebounds, and five assists.

The Jacks will play in the third place game Saturday (2:30 p.m. Central, WNAX radio).

North Dakota State 75, South Dakota State 55
                      North Dakota State (15-11)

Myron Green 6-10 5-7 21, Andy Kelchen 1-3 2-2 5, David Erbes 7-14 0-2 14, Adam Dobmeier 3-8 0-0 6, Brandon Smith 1-3 3-4 6, Matt Gerber 2-4 0-0 5, Dotun Obadina 3-4 0-0 7, Phil Hahn 2-6 1-5 9, Andrew Brown 1-3 0-0 2. Totals 26-55 14-19 75.

South Dakota State (8-17)
                      Steve Holdren 3-9 4-5 10, Joe Green 2-10 0-0 5, Ben Beran 8-14 6-8 24, Luke Geiver 4-12 0-0 10, Brady Hokenson 1-6 2-2 4, Mackenzie Casey 0-0 0-0 0, Ben DeWaard 0-0 0-0 0, Jared DeJong 0-1 0-0 0, Michael Loney 0-0 2-2 2. Totals 18-52 14-17 55.

Halftime: NDSU 31, SDSU 25

FG% - SDSU .473, NDSU .346. 3-pt FG - NDSU 9-20 (Green 4-5, Obadina 1-1 , Kelchen 1-1, Smith 1-2, Gerber 1-2, Hahn 1-5, Dobmeier 0-5), SDSU 5-18 (Beran 2-2, Geiver 2-7, Green 1-3, Holdren 0-3, Hokenson 0-3). Rebounds - NDSU 36 (Green 6), SDSU 32 (Beran 6). Fouls - NDSU 19, SDSU 17. Fouled out - none. Assists - NDSU 19 (Green 5), SDSU 10 (Holdren 3, Hokenson 3). Steals - NDSU 4 (Smith 3), SDSU 4 (Beran 2, Geiver 2). Blocked shots - NDSU 3 (Dobmeier 2), SDSU 3 (Green, Beran, Loney). Turnovers - NDSU 8, SDSU 12. Attendance 250.

Comment

Matt Caldwell is an explosive point guard with great court vision. He will match moellers talent. He may not match it in points but Caldwell is a true point gaurd who looks to dish the rock more often. Andre Gilbert will bring excitement back to SDSU not seen since Matt Jones's Freshman year.

Comment

I hope you're right rabbit4life....I can accept losses, especially when we don't match up talent wise...but it would be nice to see a more exciting brand of basketball. Even our wins this year have been lacking on an excitement stand point. Sorry about getting off the thread related to the game everyone.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by twism
                            Yeah I know it's a rebuilding year and all that. But isn't that some harsh comments from a coach?
                            Why should the coach be dishonest and say something else? Only three more games left of this season. It is one of the first seasons that I could not wait for it to end. Usually, its a feeling that the season should never end, but thats what winning does to us. The Bison have to be happy with their season.

Comment

Originally posted by twism
                              Yes, it's pretty harsh, but that's part of what makes Nagy Nagy. He spent the first minute or so of the interview talking about how it was his fault for not getting his guys ready to play. (This is a standard Nagy line after both losses and unsatisfying wins).

He expects to win every game. And, guard play this year has been atrocious.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X