PDA

View Full Version : This can't be fun

Mavericks#1
03-14-2005, 04:22 AM
I know this dead horse has been beaten over a hundred times, but after seeing how well your baseball team did this weekend against Nebraska, I fail to see how this D1 thing can be fun. Nebraska outscored you 54-10 in four games. They hit 5 home runs in one inning, two guys hit two each in one inning!! Your outfielders are going to have to have their necks readjusted from watching all those balls leave the yard. The Omaha World Hearld called it batting practice. I am assuming that Nebraska even semi-tried. Nebraska while being a very good team is by no way one of the better teams in the country and this is coming from a Husker fan. I hope as your team bus went through Omaha they saw Rosenblatt Stadium because that is the closest they will ever come to playing there. Playing athletics my whole life one thing that upset me more than anything was when your team was getting their arse kicked and the other team didn't even respect you.
I am sure the Nebraska team was in the dugout talking about their girlfriends and what party they were going to that night, not even paying attention to who they were playing. Non-pitchers were probably begging Coach Anderson to let them throw a few innings. I know you guys don't care about winning anymore and its all about the experience of chest bumping each other that you are D1. But we at UNO will stick to winning National Championships and conference titles while you serve as batting practice for the rest of D1.

Mavs #1

SDSUFAN
03-14-2005, 04:29 AM
Well I guess we could worry about Winona. Since UNO didnt maybe we should. BTW our alleged horrible men's bb took care of Winona. I know we were not suppose to but we did.

Oh I am sure the Huskers feel good about their wins, but SDSU sees this as an opportunity to develope our program. No one said we would even win one game.

When does UNO play the Huskers in baseball?

89rabbit
03-14-2005, 06:16 AM
Nebraska while being a very good team is by no way one of the better teams in the country and this is coming from a Husker fan.
Mavs #1

You must not be much of a Nebraska fan . . . the Huskers are ranked #22 in the nation. I would say that is "one of the better teams". They have also been to every NCAA tourney from '99 through '03. Maybe you should spend some more time being a fan of the D-I school in your state and spend less time annoying the D-I fans in this state.

That being said the fact that we played the Huskers close in game one UN 7 - SDSU 2 tells me that we can compete we just don't have the depth to stand toe to toe with one of the elite programs yet in a 4 game series. But we will grow into it. I guess that is why they call what we are doing transition. ::) Finally as far as Rosenblatt Stadium goes, the Jacks are not eligible for the NCAA D-I tourney until '08-'09, the UNO Mavs will NEVER be eligible for the NCAA D-I tourney.

I guess for UNO it is all about playing in obscuity and having no D-II playoff success, at least not in the money sports of Football and Men's and Women's Basketball. Remind everyone how you did . . . oh never mind I remember. Football, won the NCC but didn't even get an invite to the playoffs, one and done in Men's baseketball (just like last year), no invite for the Women's basketball team. It is sad really, now that all the good teams are gone you are still having trouble winning when it counts.

Go State! ;D

P.S. It was a blast beating Butler this past week! 8)

Mavericks#1
03-15-2005, 09:06 PM
This is a funny line from the Creighton board.

We cannot lose to these guys. nebraska used them for pinatas

89rabbit
03-16-2005, 05:55 AM
And yet Creigton needed to score during their last two at bats to get a come from behind win in the second game 3-2.

SDSU's next game is against the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. UNO's next game is against the Ichabods of Washburn. It is good to be D-I. 8)

By the way for some of our new board members who might be wondering who or what UNO is, I have a little quiz for you.

UNO is?

A. UNO = Card Game
B. UNO = Pizza Place
C. UNO = University of New Orleans
D. UNO = 2nd best College in Omaha (D-II commuter school, University of Nebraska Omaha)

Go State, South Dakota's only D-I University! ;D

Mavericks#1
03-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Before you get to excited about playing Creighton close,here are a few things you need to know. First of all the both games of the double header were 7 innings, this makes it easier to keep the game close if you get a few breaks and can play well for 4 or 5 innings. This also makes your first game (which nobody wants to talk about) look like more of a blowout. You had one hit and and Creighton scored 13 runs. They might have gotten 20 if they had 2 more innings. If you had beaten them, so what?? UNO has beaten Creighton 52 times in baseball!! We almost own the all time series against them 52-53. I have provided a website for those who don't believe it. (Notice we have beaten SDSU over 67 times.) 89 Rabbitt for your comment about playing Notre Dame. We play Michigan State in Hockey on Thursday, so whats your point? You guys are so into playing big name schools regardless if they are taking you behind the woodshed. I on the other hand am into winning. If we lose to Michigan State on Thursday, I'm pi**ed. I could care less that they are a big name school. So continue on enjoying the experience and I will continue enjoying winning.

http://gomavs.unomaha.edu/files/basebpress.pdf

Mavs #1

P.S. For those of you who always call UNO a card game. I have no problem with that. At least in that game,winning matters. If SDSU was a card game there would be no winners and losers. It would be all wrapped up in enjoying the experience. Everyone would feel warm and fuzzy. Very boring game!

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-16-2005, 08:27 AM
UNO has hockey??
That's how much we care about UNO and about hockey.

Here's another quiz question for ya...

Who's the favorite to win the Stanley Cup this year?

a. who cares
b. who cares
c. who cares
d. all of the above

uno's philosophy on march madness, "it's not about winning, it's about the experience." (thanks buff, or whoever uses that tagline)

SiouxFallsJack
03-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Mav, Thanks for the info. I was unaware that Michigan State has a hockey program.

Mavericks#1
03-17-2005, 03:24 AM
Your welcome ;D ;D ;D

Alumguy
03-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Wow, Mav#1 took a picture of himself to accompany his posts.

Alumguy
03-17-2005, 08:44 AM
Oh, one more thing, at least now we know what he looks like.

89rabbit
03-22-2005, 07:16 AM
I know he is not here to defend himself but I did need to point this out. Maybe in 30 days or so he can respond.

89 Rabbitt for your comment about playing Notre Dame. We play Michigan State in Hockey on Thursday, so whats your point?

Baseball Team Defeats Notre Dame

EVANSVILLE, IN - Charles H. Braun Stadium in Evansville has, in a sense, become the home away from home for the South Dakota State baseball team.

On March 6, SDSU claimed its first victory over a Division I team when the Jacks defeated Butler at Evansville.

Saturday, the Jacks returned to Braun Stadium and defeated Notre Dame 13-7. . . .

And then . . .

Michigan State Ends Mav Season, 5-0

Early Power Play Goals Lift Spartans

DETROIT, MICH. Jim Slater and Drew Miller each handed out three assists and five different players scored goals for Michigan State as the Spartans eliminated the Mavericks from the CCHA Super Six with a 5-0 decision Thursday night at Joe Louis Arena. . . .

Beyond us winning and you losing, I guess my point is that SDSU is a D-I school and UNO is a D-II that plays D-I in one sport - hockey. You seem to be pretty excited about your hockey program, could it be because it is D-I? :-/ ::) If so I can understand. It is good to compete at the D-I level. It is even better to be a D-I school. 8)

Go State! ;D

P.S. It was great fun beating Notre Dame!

sports_buff
03-22-2005, 10:50 AM
[quote author=89rabbit You seem to be pretty excited about your hockey program, could it be because it is D-I? :-/ ::) If so I can understand. It is good to compete at the D-I level. It is even better to be a D-I school. 8)

[/quote]

To Mavs defense he seems pretty excited about all UNO athletic programs. He talks about their Football and basketball programs a lot more than he does their hockey program. When he mentions hockey it's things like "we play Michigan state, big deal."

89rabbit
03-22-2005, 11:09 AM
To Mavs defense he seems pretty excited about all UNO athletic programs. He talks about their Football and basketball programs a lot more than he does their hockey program. When he mentions hockey it's things like "we play Michigan state, big deal."

sports_buff,

You are close but, I think it is more like "we play big time schools too". Going back to baseball (a subject I know is a little sore for you Yote fans), where this thread started, which is the more impressive win - SDSU over Notre Dame or UNO over Washburn? Even you as a Coyote fan must admit that the win over the Fighting Irish is a much bigger deal then the Mav's win over the Ichabods.

Go State, South Dakota's only D-I University! 8)

gojacksgo
03-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Surprised you even know they are the Ichabods 89.

89rabbit
03-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Surprised you even know they are the Ichabods 89.

I currently live in Kansas.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-22-2005, 11:54 AM
I think they still have a club team a USD ;)

89rabbit
03-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Yes indeed they do.

http://www.volanteonline.com/news/883811.html?mkey=635194

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper468/stills/3sol452q.jpg

Baseball returns to the USD athletic community
Soetmelk organizes club team
By Jeremy Hoeck
Published: Wednesday, March 2, 2005

For one member of the USD population, the game of baseball meant so much that he decided to take on the task of forming his own club team.

After failing to make the baseball team at Wayne State in Nebraska, sophomore Zach Soetmelk had the idea to start up a team on campus at USD.

Soetmelk was one of the members of the varsity baseball team who was cut last April because of a budget issue. He was also one of four redshirt freshmen on that team last season.

After months of preparations, the Soetmelk-led Coyote club baseball team is finally ready for competition. Their spring season gets underway March 21 against Morningside at East High School in Sioux City at 3 p.m.

"When you start out with four guys and no money, you really don't know what's going to happen," Soetmelk said. "I e-mailed Steve Mayer (USD campus recreation director) to see if we could start a club team."

From there, Soetmelk, who is the team's president, had to find a way to raise the $1,500 necessary to join a national baseball organization. And once that money was raised through player dues and fundraisers, the team had to find a perspective conference that would welcome USD. . . .

Next, the issue for the baseball team was to find uniforms. However, some of the jerseys that were left over from the team last spring had been either taken by former players or stolen. Any extras were given to women's basketball coach Chad Lavin for his adult softball league. Instead of returning the jerseys, Lavin gave Soetmelk and the team $250 out of his own pocket to buy new uniforms.

"We're still in the process of raising money," Soetmelk said. "We want to get to around $3,000, but we're only at around $2,000. We're hoping to make a thousand off the shirts we're going to be selling."

Nineteen players make up the Coyote roster. The Coyotes will compete in 23 games this season and Soetmelk hopes that number will increase in the coming seasons.

"We feel that baseball is extremely important at USD," Soetmelk said. "Baseball is usually one of the major sports on any campus, at least it should be." . . .

Now that can't be fun. Did you see the picture of the team bus at the top of this post? Is that a Saturn? ;)

Go State, South Dakota's only D-I University! ;D

sports_buff
03-22-2005, 09:21 PM
I think they still have a club team a USD ;)

I can't say that I ever went to a baseball game at USD when they had baseball. I wasn't sad to see it go.

jackrabbit1979
03-23-2005, 06:19 AM
I can't say that I ever went to a baseball game at USD when they had baseball. I wasn't sad to see it go.

Do you ever think of anyone but yourself?

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-23-2005, 07:58 AM

When I lived in Vermillion I happened to attend quite a few games and even enjoyed them. So, being a fan of baseball, not a fan of USD baseball, I was sad to see it go.

The City of Vermillion has a lot of work to do on Prentis Park, and it's too bad for USD and the City that USD could not be a part of that. I think the last time I was down there they had at least tore down the condemned bleachers and were beginning to rebuild.

Baseball is a popular sport down in your neck of the woods. I'm suprised you're not more supportive of it.

sports_buff
03-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Do you ever think of anyone but yourself?

Sure I do. I felt bad for your seniors this year that they didn't get to compete for a conference title or any postseason whatsoever. When they signed at State nobody told them that they might be going DI and that they wouldn't be able to compete for anything their senior year.
I also felt bad for some of your men's players this year in games against Southwest, Morningside, etc.
So yes I do think of people other than myself.

jackrabbit1979
03-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Baseball is a popular sport down in your neck of the woods. I'm suprised you're not more supportive of it.

He is way to busy tearing down other things and being a negative person in order to support something like USD baseball or baseball in general.

Rodentia
03-23-2005, 12:13 PM
No reason to feel bad for them, they got to play in Division I. If they didn't want to play D-I, they had ample opportunity to transfer.

NorCalJack
03-23-2005, 01:00 PM
I bet the seniors are really pissed that they had to play Notre Dame this year. To make matters even worst they beat them. :P

Go State ;D :D ;D :D 8)

sports_buff
03-23-2005, 06:29 PM
No reason to feel bad for them, they got to play in Division I. If they didn't want to play D-I, they had ample opportunity to transfer.

Transfering to a different school after 3 or 4 years is a great option. I guess you could say the same thing about USD baseball players, if they wanted to play baseball they could transfer to a different school.

89rabbit
03-23-2005, 08:48 PM
I guess you could say the same thing about USD baseball players, if they wanted to play baseball they could transfer to a different school.

They could, if they were good enough. :o I guess you didn't read the Volante story I posted earlier. ;)

http://www.volanteonline.com/news/883811.html?mkey=635194

Baseball returns to the USD athletic community

Soetmelk organizes club team
By Jeremy Hoeck
Published: Wednesday, March 2, 2005

For one member of the USD population, the game of baseball meant so much that he decided to take on the task of forming his own club team.

After failing to make the baseball team at Wayne State in Nebraska, sophomore Zach Soetmelk had the idea to start up a team on campus at USD.

Soetmelk was one of the members of the varsity baseball team who was cut last April because of a budget issue. . . .

Go State! ;D

sports_buff
03-24-2005, 06:13 AM
They could, if they were good enough. :o

I guess the same would go for your mens basketball players. ;) The one who was good enough did transfer.

89rabbit
03-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Our Jackrabbits were D-I Varsity athletes. Men's basketball remains a "real" sport on the SDSU campus. Unlike your baseball team that was cut due to your institutions lack of compliance with Title IX and subsequent law suit. So, I think, you will be hard pressed to make a comparison that will work between a NCAA D-I Men's basketball team and your "Club"/beer league Baseball team. ::)

Go State! ;D

P.S. I am unaware of any stories written about how former Jackrabbit Varsity Athletes tried out and failed to make other teams. I would gladly reconsider my position if you could offer up similar proff to the Volante story, that supports your position. ;)

sports_buff
03-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Our Jackrabbits were D-I Varsity athletes. Men's basketball remains a "real" sport on the SDSU campus. Unlike your baseball team that was cut due to your institutions lack of compliance with Title IX and subsequent law suit. So, I think, you will be hard pressed to make a comparison that will work between a NCAA D-I Men's basketball team and your "Club"/beer league Baseball team. ::)

Go State! ;D

P.S. I am unaware of any stories written about how former Jackrabbit Varsity Athletes tried out and failed to make other teams. I would gladly reconsider my position if you could offer up similar proff to the Volante story, that supports your position. ;)

A lot of nights there wasn't much difference between your mens basketball team and a club/beer league basketball team. ;)
I didn't say you had players that were cut by other teams, what I said was you had seniors that weren't good enough to transfer anywhere else, just like a lot of our baseball players.
While I don't miss baseball at USD at all, I do feel bad for the current players who came to USD to play baseball. Just like I feel bad for the current SDSU players who went to SDSU with no idea that they were going D-I. Now they are there, stuck in the transition period, with nothing to play for. If one doesn't feel bad for these players then I would have to ask them if they ever think of anyone but themselves. You can think SDSU made the right move in going D-I and still feel bad for the upperclassmen at SDSU who were already there when they made the move. Just like I think it was a good move that we cut baseball, but I still feel bad for the current players.

OK_Jackrabbit
03-24-2005, 10:21 AM
I didn't say you had players that were cut by other teams, what I said was you had seniors that weren't good enough to transfer anywhere else, just like a lot of our baseball players.
Or maybe they just wanted to graduate in the academic programs they'd been working in. Or maybe they wanted to play for SDSU. Or maybe they're actually robots from another galaxy.

Care to speculate further about why they didn't transfer? What a pointless exercise.

Here's something factual: SDSU has a baseball team. USD does not. Perhaps you can take us off on another wild tangent to obscure that fact, sports_buff.

Let me help: USD HAS an intercollegiate baseball team, but they're actually amateur sleuths who drive around in a psychedelic van with a talking dog and solve mysteries.

footballfan
03-24-2005, 10:23 AM
While I can't speak for all the varsity athletes at SDSU. I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of them are in favor of the D 1 move. The opportunity to play against the best and be the best they can be is a great motivator....

Go Jacks !!!!!

CatchEmAll
03-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Not trying to ruffle feathers, but was USD's cutting of the baseball team discussed for any length of time, like over the course of a couple years, so that the players knew it was coming. If so, then atleast the baseball players knew there was a chance they would lose their sport. If it was a snap decision then the baseball players got screwed.

The DI move was discussed for a number of years before the official move was made. I do feel bad for those upper classmen who chose SDSU because of their sport of choice and then had the classification changed. There was opportunity to transfer, but it's not fair to expect one to transfer after getting acclimated to the university as a whole. I think the publicized transfer was a special situation. Most athletes heading into their final year, IMO, would stick it out and graduate from SDSU rather than completely changing their lives for the sake of sport.

The one sticky spot is that coaches could not recruit student athletes and guarantee them a DI or DII experience until the official decision was made. In that respect there could be some who came to SDSU thinking the DI thing would pass. Although I believe most coaches made it clear that the DI move was iminent and recruiting in some sports reflected that (positively and negatively).

sports_buff
03-24-2005, 10:39 AM
[quote author=CatchEmAll link=board=Smack;num=1110802923;start=30#32 date=03/24/05 at 11:25:34

I do feel bad for those upper classmen who chose SDSU because of their sport of choice and then had the classification changed. There was opportunity to transfer, but it's not fair to expect one to transfer after getting acclimated to the university as a whole. I think the publicized transfer was a special situation. Most athletes heading into their final year, IMO, would stick it out and graduate from SDSU rather than completely changing their lives for the sake of sport.

quote]

This is a very good post. You are right about transfering not being a good option, and thats what I said before. Most would stick it out at the college they are at. I don't look at our baseball players and say "hey, if you don't like it, then transfer." I do feel bad for them. I'm glad to see that you admit to feeling bad for your upperclassmen as well.

SDSUFAN
03-24-2005, 11:03 AM
This is a very good post. You are right about transfering not being a good option, and thats what I said before. Most would stick it out at the college they are at. I don't look at our baseball players and say "hey, if you don't like it, then transfer." I do feel bad for them. I'm glad to see that you admit to feeling bad for your upperclassmen as well.

If our athletes have not left by now, then I think they are willing to go along with the program.

Moeller was the last to leave and his career at MSUM is over now. Jake Wennig's career was probably over with his bad feet so, who else would you be talking about? Wenning came to SDSU because of the fact that SDSU was going D1, and the rumor mill tells me that he and his family are kind of tempermental people and probably would be unhappy at any institution even USED.

Also Zack Campbell football has chosen to move on to USF. USED by the way lost a bb player Roberts to USF as well so to make any crazy statement at stage of the game is pure folly and is meaningless. Not everyone is a cry baby about playing for a D2 NC.

sports_buff
03-24-2005, 11:37 AM
If our athletes have not left by now, then I think they are willing to go along with the program.

Moeller was the last to leave and his career at MSUM is over now. Jake Wennig's career was probably over with his bad feet so, who else would you be talking about? Wenning came to SDSU because of the fact that SDSU was going D1, and the rumor mill tells me that he and his family are kind of tempermental people and probably would be unhappy at any institution even USED.

Also Zack Campbell football has chosen to move on to USF. USED by the way lost a bb player Roberts to USF as well so to make any crazy statement at stage of the game is pure folly and is meaningless. Not everyone is a cry baby about playing for a D2 NC.

I often don't know what the heck you are talking about.

I didn't say any of your athletes were going to transfer, I don't think they are going to. You are right, the ones who would transfer, probably already have.

USD didn't lose Roberts, he transfered to USF because he knew he wasn't going to get any playing time at USD. Not that that has anything to do with what I was talking about, but you seemed concerned about it.

89rabbit
03-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Buff,

You are missing the fundamental difference between what SDSU and USD did. SDSU expanded the opportunity to play Varsity athletics at our school. USD eliminated the opportunity to play Varsity Baseball at your school.

Our athletes could transfer if they wanted to continue to play NCAA D-II sports, or they could stay and compete at the NCAA D-I level. Your baseball players had to transfer if they wanted to play at any NCAA level (D-I, D-II, or D-III). See the difference?

Go State! ;D

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-24-2005, 01:14 PM
I think it was a good move that we cut baseball

This is just plain moronic.

Buff, with statements like this USD fans are going to think you're crazy.

SDSUFAN
03-24-2005, 04:09 PM

sports Buff:
What you seem to be impling still even after one year is that SDSU made a mistake going to D1 and its unfair to the athletes and therefore they transfer and will continue to transfer because SDSU does not have a NC that the athletes can compete for during this reclassification period. Oh yes USED=SDSU in your mind, but I think you will soon taste the dust from SDSU.

So cutting baseball was a good thing. Sounds like typical USED thinking. In the same breath you probably boast about the fund raising of the USED Foundation that says 103 million was raised. I heard it includes estate planning wills student fees an every possible nickle that could be added up to make 103 million.
I am not suprised that 2 million more is needed for the Medical building. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sports_buff
03-24-2005, 07:14 PM
This is just plain moronic.

Buff, with statements like this USD fans are going to think you're crazy.

Actually you couldn't be further from the truth. The USD fans that I know, when they saw what the alternatives were, thought it would be moronic to do anything else. If we would have spent all kinds of money on another sport that nobody gives a $hit about, just to keep baseball, that would have been crazy. We weren't going to spend all kinds of money on something like women's field hockey just to keep baseball.
Nobody but the baseball players cared about baseball at USD. I feel bad for those athletes that their sport was cut, just like I would feel bad for workers at a company who get laid off because of cut backs. The cut backs may be necessary and logical but you still feel bad for those workers.

89Rabbit, you can stop trying to explain the difference between the situations to me, I understand the difference. Can I feel bad for our baseball players and your upperclassmen without thinking the situations are exactly the same? I also feel bad for homeless people, but it doesn't mean I view their situation the same as our baseball players. All I was saying was that I feel bad for your upperclassmen. The ones I have talked to weren't happy about it and I think you could all understand why.

SDSUFan, why do you keep saying that I think SDSU players will continue to transfer. I have said twice now that transfering is not a good option, and that most anybody would just stay at their school there at. Somehow you keep twisting that into me thinking all SDSU athletes are going to transfer away.

89rabbit
03-24-2005, 08:48 PM
89Rabbit, you can stop trying to explain the difference between the situations to me, I understand the difference. Can I feel bad for our baseball players and your upperclassmen without thinking the situations are exactly the same? I also feel bad for homeless people, but it doesn't mean I view their situation the same as our baseball players. All I was saying was that I feel bad for your upperclassmen. The ones I have talked to weren't happy about it and I think you could all understand why.

Let me start by saying HA. I'm sure you are good buds with many SDSU athletes. ::) Next I am only trying to educate you. Clearly I am doing a poor job and for that I am sorry. You have given me an idea though. You brought up homeless people so I am going to try another analogy.

SDSU moving to D-I is like moving to a better neighborhood. Sure we might be a little mortgage poor when we first move in, compared to our neighbors, but as our carrers and salaries improve we will fit right in. If you want to feel sorry that we moved to a nicer neighborhood but we can't go out to eat as often as we used to that is fine (misguided but fine).

USD on the other hand is still living in the same old neighborhood except they got cought cheating on their taxes by the IRS and had to sell their shed in the backyard and the dog house to pay the back taxes. (The thing you seem to always forget is that USD is going to spend a ton of money, $1.126 Million dollars, to improve its women's sports and had to drop baseball to get Title IX compliant). Poor little Coyote pup, where is he going to sleep? ;)

If that dosen't help then re-read CatchEmAll's post on this thread. If you still want to feel sorry for our D-I Varsity athletes then I feel sorry for you.

Go State! ;D

89rabbit
03-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Not trying to ruffle feathers, but was USD's cutting of the baseball team discussed for any length of time, like over the course of a couple years, so that the players knew it was coming. If so, then atleast the baseball players knew there was a chance they would lose their sport. If it was a snap decision then the baseball players got screwed.

The DI move was discussed for a number of years before the official move was made. I do feel bad for those upper classmen who chose SDSU because of their sport of choice and then had the classification changed. There was opportunity to transfer, but it's not fair to expect one to transfer after getting acclimated to the university as a whole. I think the publicized transfer was a special situation. Most athletes heading into their final year, IMO, would stick it out and graduate from SDSU rather than completely changing their lives for the sake of sport.

The one sticky spot is that coaches could not recruit student athletes and guarantee them a DI or DII experience until the official decision was made. In that respect there could be some who came to SDSU thinking the DI thing would pass. Although I believe most coaches made it clear that the DI move was iminent and recruiting in some sports reflected that (positively and negatively).

sports_buff
03-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Let me start by saying HA. I'm sure you are good buds with many SDSU athletes. ::)

Go State! ;D

I know you got this notion that nobody from SDSU can be friends with people from USD, but not everyone is that inmature. Believe it or not I do know some athletes from SDSU, SD is not that big of a state. The upperclassmen I knew were not happy about having nothing to play for this year. That shouldn't surprise anyone, I don't know why they would like that.
Don't get so defensive though, that has nothing to do with whether SDSU made a good move in going DI. I've tried my best to explain that to you, but obviously I have failed. You keep thinking that if you admit that some of the upperclassmen got screwed over in this deal then that means SDSU made the wrong decision in going D-I. Thats not what it means.
If you have no sympathy for your upperclass athletes then thats fine, somebody should have asked you if you ever think of someone other than yourself. You are obviously all for the move and thats great, but that doesn't mean that it was the best thing for everyone, namely your junior and senior athletes.

sports_buff
03-24-2005, 10:04 PM
I do feel bad for those upper classmen who chose SDSU because of their sport of choice and then had the classification changed. There was opportunity to transfer, but it's not fair to expect one to transfer after getting acclimated to the university as a whole.

This is the part that you should have put in bold. I'm sure this doesn't mean that CatchEmAll thinks SDSU made the wrong decision, it just means that he feels bad for the juniors and seniors.

89rabbit
03-24-2005, 10:14 PM
I know for a fact that folks from SDSU and USD can be friends, they can even get married and have children. There are Coyotes in my extnded family. What I was laughing at was how convenient your friendship with several SDSU Varsity Athletes who happen to be upperclassmen and also happen to be unhappy with the move to D-I is. Sorry I just don't buy your story. ::)

Go State! ;D

89rabbit
03-24-2005, 10:18 PM
This is the part that you should have put in bold. I'm sure this doesn't mean that CatchEmAll thinks SDSU made the wrong decision, it just means that he feels bad for the juniors and seniors.

Ya, you already chopped up CatchEmAll's post once in a quote. I highlighted some of the parts you seemed to have missed, but I also left in the part you latched on to. Our current Upperclassmen knew full well, or should have, that SDSU moving to D-I was a possibility. Unlike USD's baseball decision, SDSU had been talking about our decision for years before it was made.

Go State! ;D

sports_buff
03-25-2005, 05:45 AM
Ya, you already chopped up CatchEmAll's post once in a quote. I highlighted some of the parts you seemed to have missed, but I also left in the part you latched on to. Our current Upperclassmen knew full well, or should have, that SDSU moving to D-I was a possibility. Unlike USD's baseball decision, SDSU had been talking about our decision for years before it was made.

Go State! ;D

SDSU sure wasn't talking about the move at the time guys like Matt Jones were being recruited. If you are trying to make me believe that all the athletes at SDSU knew when they signed that SDSU might go DI then you wasting your time. They haven't been talking about it for that long.
I'm sure Nagy used that as his recruiting slogan to Kleinjan---come here and for your last couple of years we'll be in a transistional period and you won't be able to compete for postseason play at all.
I don't know why you keep bringing up USD's baseball team. I've already said I feel bad for those players who had their sport cut. You don't need to keep trying to convince me that I should feel bad for them, I already said I do.
Obviously you have no compassion for your juniors and seniors who were caught in the transistional period, thats fine.
The reason I quoted CatchEmAll was because he did say that he felt bad for those guys, you seem to want to ignore that part.
Believe me, it wasn't too hard to find upper classmen who were not in favor of the move, you act like that would be some kind of big coincidence. It would have been much tougher to find some upperclassmen who were excited about getting caught in the transistional period. Believe it or not 89, not everybody in the world was excited about the move, and believe it or not, I actually know some people that go to SDSU, and believe it or not they actually didn't like not having a postseason to play for. :o Now brace yourself for this one 89 because it will really cause you to flip your lid--I even have an SDSU assistant coach on speed dial. How could this be.

89rabbit
03-25-2005, 06:05 AM
Buff,

I really do feel sorry for you. Have a nice weekend.

Go State! ;D

OK_Jackrabbit
03-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Obviously you have no compassion for your juniors and seniors who were caught in the transistional period, thats fine.
Transistional? Anyway, yes, it is truly a tragedy that they'll have to play Illinois to begin the season and will have to host UW-Milwaukee next year. Those poor kids. All they get for it is a free education. What a shame. And there was no way out... wait... they could have transferred and gotten a free education while playing Dana and Peru State instead.

joeybrownerHOF
03-25-2005, 06:36 AM
The second of the four noble truths states that most of the suffering in this world is caused by our attachment to things, people and ideas. One of the problems with clinging to the things of this world is that everything in life changes. Nothing stays the same. Inherent in the Four Noble Truths is the idea that nothing in life is permanent.

If nothing in life stays the same, then we suffer if we try to cling to something that is, by its very nature, destined to disappear.

-- Buddhism

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-25-2005, 06:42 AM
The second of the four noble truths states that most of the suffering in this world is caused by our attachment to things, people and ideas. One of the problems with clinging to the things of this world is that everything in life changes. Nothing stays the same. Inherent in the Four Noble Truths is the idea that nothing in life is permanent.

If nothing in life stays the same, then we suffer if we try to cling to something that is, by its very nature, destined to disappear.

-- Buddhism

Will you be my mentor?

joeybrownerHOF
03-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Unfortunately I am already full but my buddy Rex will be more than happy to mentor you

I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwan Do self-defense system! After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Rex Kwon Do, we use the buddy system.
No more flyin' solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times!
Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image.
Do you think I got where I am today
because I dress like Peter Pan here?
Take a look at what I'm wearing, people.
Do you think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face
while I'm wearin' these bad boys?
Forget about it.
Last off, my students will learn about self-respect.
Do you think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night?
Forget about it!
Now, for only $300, you can sign up right now for my eight-week program.

(Trust me it is well worth the 300 dollars)
-Napoleon Dynamite

filbert
03-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Yes, this isn't fun.

SDSU's screwing their upperclass athletes by clandestinely reclassifying to D-I while nobody was paying attention, having very successful women's basketball and volleyball seasons, and then to complete the insult, scheduling the U. of Illinois to open next men's basketball season and a home game against another Sweet 16 team (UWM).

Meanwhile, the Kansas City Star is reporting the results of the D-II championship in the little print part of the sports section, from Grand Fork (sic) N.D.

Yep, not fun at all.

News flash: Things change. I realize from personal experience, growing up in S.D., it's really comfortable that everything seems to be the same as it was 20 and 50 and 100 years ago, but that isn't reality. It's just the weird little bubble that South Dakota has lived in for ever, it seems.

The bubble is bursting. Lots of people don't like that. They don't like that Sioux Falls has become a nice little mid-sized city when once it was a small city (that some folks thought was too big already). They don't like that SDSU decided that it had more in common with Colorado State and Clemson than it did with Lynn and Findlay.

SDSU's athletes and coaches have had (and, I'd wager, continue to have) ample opportunity to adapt to the changes, either by stepping up to the new level SDSU is moving to, or finding somewhere else where they'd be more comfortable.

I regretted that Andy Moeller and Isha Vanterpool decided to leave SDSU, but I respect those decisions. Like most colleges, SDSU is a special place and as an alum, I regret their choice to go anywhere else. Most coaches, most athletes stayed. They didn't have to. Those that wanted to leave either did, or stayed because the reasons for staying outweighed the reasons for leaving.
Everyone gets to decide for themselves what's best for them, every single day. It's a little thing called free will.

Gushing uncontrollable crocodile tears about those who may have decided to leave (or stay and be unhappy), especially in this particular forum, is simply disingenuous.

filbert
03-25-2005, 06:57 AM

-- Buddhism

OK, Joey, you just said what I was ranting about, but much cooler. 8)

JACKGUYII
03-25-2005, 07:53 AM
SDSU sure wasn't talking about the move at the time guys like Matt Jones were being recruited. If you are trying to make me believe that all the athletes at SDSU knew when they signed that SDSU might go DI then you wasting your time. They haven't been talking about it for that long.
I'm sure Nagy used that as his recruiting slogan to Kleinjan---come here and for your last couple of years we'll be in a transistional period and you won't be able to compete for postseason play at all.
I don't know why you keep bringing up USD's baseball team. I've already said I feel bad for those players who had their sport cut. You don't need to keep trying to convince me that I should feel bad for them, I already said I do.
The reason I quoted CatchEmAll was because he did say that he felt bad for those guys, you seem to want to ignore that part.
Believe me, it wasn't too hard to find upper classmen who were not in favor of the move, you act like that would be some kind of big coincidence. It would have been much tougher to find some upperclassmen who were excited about getting caught in the transistional period. Believe it or not 89, not everybody in the world was excited about the move, and believe it or not, I actually know some people that go to SDSU, and believe it or not they actually didn't like not having a postseason to play for. :o Now brace yourself for this one 89 because it will really cause you to flip your lid--I even have an SDSU assistant coach on speed dial. How could this be.

This is pathetic. Echoing other comments above why should we feel sorry for people like Andy Kleinjan who has an opportunity to compete at a level and against competition he never dreamed of in high school. Next year he will have a chance to play in the NIT which even though it plays second fiddle to the Big Dance still has more meaning to the basketball world than the Division II National Championship game. I enjoyed the Jacks competing at the DII level, but the longer we are away from it the more I realize this is where we should have been years ago. The schedule in 2005/2006 will be much improved over this year and we will continue to recruit kids that we never dreamed of coming to SDSU. Feel sorry for a group of young athletes who will get a chance to play the Illini in Champaign, I don't think so. I only hope Matt Jones will have a chance to show he can compete at this level in his senior year. How many more games would we have won with him at full strength this year.

sports_buff
03-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Feel sorry for a group of young athletes who will get a chance to play the Illini in Champaign, I don't think so.

Ya, I'm sure the Georgia Southern game was the highlight of the year for your football players, I mean they are one of the best in I-AA after all. Ask them how much fun they had.

Hey, I'm just going by what the athletes have told me. They didn't like their careers ending in a meaningless game. Once again, I will reiterate that this has nothing to do with whether it was a good move to go D-I or not. I guess I just have too big of a heart, I care too much for these SDSU athletes who feel like they got slighted. Some of the same one's who feel they got slighted feel that SDSU is making the right move, they just wanted them to make it after they graduated. I'm sure you can respect that.

JACKGUYII
03-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Ya, I'm sure the Georgia Southern game was the highlight of the year for your football players, I mean they are one of the best in I-AA after all. Ask them how much fun they had.

Hey, I'm just going by what the athletes have told me. They didn't like their careers ending in a meaningless game. Once again, I will reiterate that this has nothing to do with whether it was a good move to go D-I or not. I guess I just have too big of a heart, I care too much for these SDSU athletes who feel like they got slighted. Some of the same one's who feel they got slighted feel that SDSU is making the right move, they just wanted them to make it after they graduated. I'm sure you can respect that.

I doubt the players will judge their season based on what happened in Statesboro. The jacks had an opportunity to go play a much more talented foe in front of a large raucus crowd and played to the best of their abilities. I don't think there is any embarrasment in that. Did they have more fun beating up Augie? Life and sports is about challenging yourself. I don't think there is such a thing as a meaningless game. It's a privlidge to suit up and go out and represent your school. I don't know who your talking about the football team overachieved and with the exception of Georgia Southern and Cal Davis competed very well. In Women's Basketball I have had heard nothing but glowing comments about how much fun it was to play the kind of schedule they had. Mens Basketball was going to be tough no matter what. The three seniors who will graduate were all role players who got a chance to play a lot of minutes because of the move to DI. Had we not made the move Gilbert, Cadwell and Moeller would have played and the seniors would have been relagated to few minutes.

89rabbit
03-25-2005, 08:49 AM
I guess I just have too big of a heart, I care too much for these SDSU athletes who feel like they got slighted.

on Today at 7:54am, filbert wrote:

Gushing uncontrollable crocodile tears about those who may have decided to leave (or stay and be unhappy), especially in this particular forum, is simply disingenuous.

MilwaukeeJacksAlum
03-25-2005, 09:44 AM
They didn't like their careers ending in a meaningless game.

I don't want to get into this argument because it doesn't really seem to have a point. And I'm not really chosing a side here. I just wanted to throw my thoughts into the ring. I think the whole "playing meaningless games" point is overblown.

Now, I'm about as competitive as they come. Many times, to a fault. My last season at SDSU we were a dissapointing 6-5. This was the senior year of what was picked as the best recruiting class in the NCC in 1994. Unfortunately, as is the case in many instances, injuries and certain breaks didn't go our way.

However, at the end of the season, we seniors huddled in the locker room and cried like little girls because our careers were over. We weren't crying because we didn't win the NCC or because we didn't make the playoffs. We were crying because we all loved playing football and it was over. Also, we were crying because we knew it would never be the same for we teamates who were no longer going to spend upwards of 8 hours of every day together.

In my opinion, college sports is so much more than winning championships (a cliche, I know). Every year 10-20 of my old college teamates and I get together in the woods of Minnesota for beer and paintball. We plan it and talk about it all year long. We even make stupid t-shirts and everything. My best man and groomsmen were predominately fellow football players. I've been the best man or groomsmen for 6 of my fellow football players. Former OL of my graduating class, Craig Ploetz, just named his first born son Zachary Carter Ploetz after our teamate Zach Carter. They didn't even know each other prior to SDSU football.

Losing sucks and everyone who plays a sport plays to win. But, it's pretty far off to say that not having a championship to play for totally ruins the whole purpose of playing a sport. When this years seniors look back at their career, not having a championship to their credit will be pretty far down on the list of things they think about. Just my two cents worth.

jackmd
03-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Along the same lines as MWJA, the game means what it means to each individual and team.

Those of us who continuously strive to be the best, never being satisfied with our latest accomplisments, setting higher goals, and then taking action to achieve them; the move to DI makes perfect sense.

For guys like the buff (USD ideals), he'd rather take the "low" road. Never challenging himself, lowering expectations and requirements, seeing the world from a very small and isolated perspective. I would expect nothing more from a person like this.

Stop feeling sorry for the students, athletes, and alumni of SDSU. We've all stopped feeling sorry for you.

HoboD
03-25-2005, 10:14 AM
I spoke yesterday with the father of a Jacks baseball player whose son played against Notre Dame last week, Dad was pumped, his son was pumped. He talked about how exciting it was to play teams at that level. Even though his son is an upper classman, there was not a shred of dissappointment about not competing for a conference championship. Instead his son will remember that game for the rest of his life. Feel sorry for him?! Envy, pure envy.

True there are athletes who dont want the challenge. Thats ok. There are schools and teams for players that dont relish playing at the highest level. My daughter is such an athlete. She competes at a D2 school. They have won 2 NCC titles and are going for a third. She is happy at the level. On the other hand, we're they to tell her that next year they would be playing all D1, I dont think she would whine about it either. One of the great things athletics teaches kids is how to accept and deal with adversity. Im confident she would simply accept the challenge and do her best.

Finally, one last thought, I do find it interesting that coyote, maverick fans,(or whoever they are pretending to be) take the time to come on to a site for Jackrabbit sports. What could possibly motivate a person to do that? Do they think with their criticism that some how all of us will be convinced the D1 move was bad and things will change back to the way it was? Im sorry the thats never going to happen. To be honest, I think its about jealousy. Of course they will be responding very quickly that that isnt the case, but why else are you here then?

While I have relished competition against the U for decades as much as anyone. Those days are over. I now look at them as I have other programs in South Dakota. I hope they suceed! I have loved watching SFU with their sucess in football over the last few years. DWU womens basketball when they went to the nationals ect. I hope the U has great sucess in D2. Ideally, we get to the point, where a kid in South Dakota has the options they do in EVERY OTHER STATE IN THE UNION, to play in a top program at what ever
level they want to compete in.

Bottomline, accept reality, chill out on the rhetoric and move forward in a positive direction for all our programs.

GO STATE, GO Yotes.

jackmd
03-25-2005, 10:32 AM

Bottomline, accept reality, chill out on the rhetoric and move forward in a positive direction for all our programs.

GO STATE, GO Yotes.

If they can reslove their jealousy issues, they can begin the road to this recognition.

Now, they (you know who you are) will attempt to disguise their jealousy in a shroud of fained concern for the current athletes who are so deprived and deceived by the powers that be at SDSU. Don't mistake that.

They'll also continue to wish ill-will towards those who have taken so much from them. I was back in SD last week and numerous times I heard USD alums complain about what SDSU and NDSU did to the NCC. Of course, their short-sightedness prevents them from seeing the benefits of a DI university in SD, but worse, the jealousy steming from their own longing about the loss of their biggest rivals and the schools that made the NCC what it is today was profound. Its pervasive and founded in the SE corner of the state, right down the street from Buff's house.

sports_buff
03-25-2005, 12:15 PM
For guys like the buff (USD ideals), he'd rather take the "low" road. Never challenging himself, lowering expectations and requirements, seeing the world from a very small and isolated perspective. I would expect nothing more from a person like this.

Geese JackMD, is that how you view yourself for competing in DII athletics. Did you lower your expectations and requirements by not attending a DI university. I don't think so, give yourself some credit. Right now winning DII titles seems to be a good challenge for the Yotes. If we were dominating every sport in DII then I would think it was time for a new challenge. I think it's good to meet the goals you have before setting new--higher goals. Maybe SDSU's goal was to be a pretty good DII school, in which case they achieved that. They certainly weren't a dominant school.

As far as being jealous, thats hardly the case. Every time you guys rip USD for something, is it out of jealousy? You have knocked USD about everything you could right down to their fundraising, is that all out of jealousy. Everytime somebody knocks SDSU your response is always because they are jealous.
I will say I was jealous of your women's basketball team going to three straight Elite 8's. I wish that would have been us, that would have been great. However, so far you haven't done anything in DI to warrant me being jealous. Like I've said many times before though, if we check back in 10 years and your men's basketball team is in the Missouri Valley conference and going to the Sweet 16, well then I might be jealous.

jackmd
03-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Geese JackMD, is that how you view yourself for competing in DII athletics. Did you lower your expectations and requirements by not attending a DI university. I don't think so, give yourself some credit. Right now winning DII titles seems to be a good challenge for the Yotes. If we were dominating every sport in DII then I would think it was time for a new challenge. I think it's good to meet the goals you have before setting new--higher goals. Maybe SDSU's goal was to be a pretty good DII school, in which case they achieved that. They certainly weren't a dominant school.

As far as being jealous, thats hardly the case. Every time you guys rip USD for something, is it out of jealousy? You have knocked USD about everything you could right down to their fundraising, is that all out of jealousy. Everytime somebody knocks SDSU your response is always because they are jealous.
I will say I was jealous of your women's basketball team going to three straight Elite 8's. I wish that would have been us, that would have been great. However, so far you haven't done anything in DI to warrant me being jealous. Like I've said many times before though, if we check back in 10 years and your men's basketball team is in the Missouri Valley conference and going to the Sweet 16, well then I might be jealous.

2 quick points. #1 My post was in reference to you, not the past at SDSU. #2 Jealousy is often misdefined and almost always viewed as a negative. In reality, envy (which is wishing ill-will on those who you perceive as achieving/receiving greater good than you) is the negative. Jealousy is felt in defense of what you have/had. Not so much what someone else has (thats more like coveting). In other words, SDSU has left the NCC and DII. This leaves a large void in the heart and minds of current NCC members, especially USD. As a response (conscious or unconscious) you feal jealous in defense of what the NCC once was and dare I say what lies in the future. This causes you to spend undo time thinking/obsessing about the cause of your jealousy. Hence, spending what could be productive time on a forum not dedicated to your true interest.

Go ahead, protect your ego with rationalizations of all sorts. "Your just defending USD." "You just want everyone to hear the players perspectives." Etc......
In the end your jealous that SDSU has moved forward and USD remains behind. Thats nothing to be ashamed of and I think your catching on. USD should relish the fact that it has an average DII athletic program in what use to be a premier DII conference.

sports_buff
03-25-2005, 01:56 PM
So many ofyou have some big psycological answers for simple things, let me put it simply.
Do I wish the NCC was what it once was? Yes, absolutely. Would I rather USD be a low level D-I team, who can't even the get the few D-I recruits that come out of SD, no way. Would I rather USD be in the mid con. playing teams I know nothing about and care nothing about, no way. Would I rather USD be competing very well in the Big 10, Yes.
Right now I'm happy where USD is at, I wish the NCC was as strong as it was before. If the NCC falls apart I might change my thinking on where USD is at. If State finds a good conference and some good success at the D-I level then I would probably change my thinking on where they are as well.

bigjake
03-25-2005, 02:03 PM
Maybe SDSU is anxious to play the Illini in order to shore up the budget shortfall that probably has come due to your less than inspiring bb attendance last season. Maybe you will have to schedule almost all road games for the nice guarantees you can since as of yet your fans aren't coming to the games.
But the biggest area of interest that I have is where are your recruits going to come from? I suspect that you won't go after many juco's bc of all the inherent problems associated with them. I hear coach nagy is well connected in illinois. He won't be recruiting against schools in the Big10 but instead against mid majors like ill state, wi-green bay, valpo, siu, st louis univ and others who recruit Ill.. He is going to have to beat those kind of schools out for the kind of players you need to win with. I would like to hear his recruiting pitch getting some kid from Illinois to trek over to SD to endure cold winters, isolation, and little ethnic diversity. If he can/does win then he deserves to move up in the world of coaching. I think he will be lucky to have as much success as UMKC has had over the last 20 years.
I will be watching closely.
Congrats over your ND win. But a win against UND baseball is not exactly on the same level as a win over their storied fb team. But when you are struggling for success any tiny morsel of hope is appreciated.

JACKGUYII
03-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I think if we can recruit kids from Arizona to play football in South Dakota we can find some basketball players who can leave that warm paradise of Illinois to play at SDSU. I think SDSU could do more to encourage more minority students and coaches to come to Brookings. I also feel there are many kids who simply want an opportunity to get an education and play DI ball regardless of the demographic makeup of the community.

jackmd
03-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Maybe SDSU is anxious to play the Illini in order to shore up the budget shortfall that probably has come due to your less than inspiring bb attendance last season. Maybe you will have to schedule almost all road games for the nice guarantees you can since as of yet your fans aren't coming to the games.
But the biggest area of interest that I have is where are your recruits going to come from? I suspect that you won't go after many juco's bc of all the inherent problems associated with them. I hear coach nagy is well connected in illinois. He won't be recruiting against schools in the Big10 but instead against mid majors like ill state, wi-green bay, valpo, siu, st louis univ and others who recruit Ill.. He is going to have to beat those kind of schools out for the kind of players you need to win with. I would like to hear his recruiting pitch getting some kid from Illinois to trek over to SD to endure cold winters, isolation, and little ethnic diversity. If he can/does win then he deserves to move up in the world of coaching. I think he will be lucky to have as much success as UMKC has had over the last 20 years.
Congrats over your ND win. But a win against UND baseball is not exactly on the same level as a win over their storied fb team. But when you are struggling for success any tiny morsel of hope is appreciated.

I assume its obvious to Mav, jake, buff, and other "outsiders" that some of the defensiveness about our move to DI is related to concerns such as those outlined above. All of these are legitimate questions that supporters of SDSU should be concerned about. In an ideal world DI would have welcomed the upper eshilon of the NCC has a new DI conference, but this could not happen.

Our recruiting and fund raising will come down to the quality of the individuals involved. Finding donors and attracting kids to Brookings, SD is in some ways more difficult than other regions of the country, but in other ways there or positives about SDSU that are not present elsewhere.

I won't go on. Just understand that I understand all that could go wrong with this move and what we gave up in the leaving the NCC and DII. That said, I think the risks are worth the eventual benefits on all fronts. After all, thats really what each decision in life is about.

Rabbitlivinginverm
03-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Buff,

I believe you stated before that you are a lawyer. If that's true you're not very good at arguing your case. Hopefully you're young and using this as practice.

I always think of an old line I once heard, "A good lawyer knows the law. A great lawyer knows the judge." I hope you know the judge.

SDSUFAN
03-28-2005, 04:29 AM

Its very interesting but much of this same dialogue appeared a year ago over on the Bisonville smack part and the author of it was Maverick No 1. as I recall. This would lead me to believe that Mav no1 and Big Jake are indeed the same individual. Clever but I am not fooled. The only thing that has changed is that the point about diversity arguement now includes poltically correct terms whereas a year ago, the language was more blunt and had racial overtones. ::) ::)