Re: This falls into the "DUUUUH" Category

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: This falls into the "DUUUUH" Category

Mueller not picked for Cousy award Felton tabbed winner as nation's top point guard
    published: 04/5/05

North Carolina's Raymond Felton was named the Bob Cousy Collegiate Point Guard award recipient Monday at a ceremony in St. Louis.

South Dakota's Josh Mueller was nominated for the award for the second straight year, one of five returning finalists, but did not claim the award, which is given to the nation's top point guard in all NCAA classes.

Felton, playing for Division I national champion North Carolina, averaged 12.8 ppg and 6.9 apg.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...504050329/1002

NOTE:
    It has been rumored that he did receive a "Best Supporting Actor Nomination" by the "Screen Actors Guild" for his moving portrayal of a "fouled" and "Hurt" basketball player over the last four years.

I think he has a shot at winning that one!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Re: This falls into the "DUUUUH" Categor

I agree. Like anyone thought that he had a chance to win that award. Yeah i'd take Josh Mueller over Raymond Felton :-/

Comment

The Argus made it sound like the reason he was a long shot was because he didn't play much point guard. Yeah, I'm sure that was it.

Comment

I am done commenting on Josh Mueller. I spoke my mind on the Argus forum and got the boot for assaination of character. By the way the moderator over on the Argus is named Corey Beck, probably Randall's son. Watch what you say over there.

So now I am no longer a contributor to SiouxSports.com and now the Argus.

I dont think I will go for three and will do my best to stay on the good side of 89 rabbit. I guess its time to act my age and follow the rule that if you can't say something good don't say anything at all.

;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
          I am done commenting on Josh Mueller. I spoke my mind on the Argus forum and got the boot for assaination of character.  By the way the moderator over on the Argus is named Corey Beck, probably Randall's son.  Watch what you say over there.

So now I am no longer  a contributor to SiouxSports.com and now the Argus.

I dont think I will go for three and will do my best to stay on the good side of 89 rabbit. I guess its time to act my age and follow the rule that if you can't say something good don't say anything at all.

;D ;D ;D
          I was going to ask what happened to get you on the permanently banned list over at the Argus, but didn't want to bring it up on this forum. For what its worth, I reread your most recent posts and couldn't find anything that resembled material worthy of banishment. Especially compared to some of the idiotic comments posted by the high schoolers. Sorry to hijack this thread, but couldn't resist when SDSUFAN brought up the exhile.
          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I was a little curious as well. I enjoy reading comments over there but don't post. Must have been the thread on Josh Muellar that led to you dimise. I see that it's been totally removed now.

Comment

I do think it was some outside pressure that got the Argus staff's attention and my banishment. I have, like others, have had a problem with Muellers egotistic display on the court.

I can think of countless USD players who have been talented and class individuals. Nate Blessen whose father I know as an American Family Insurance agent is a prime example of class and so is his Dad, Dave. Everytime I have run into him at the PO office in Columbus, its been a long conversation about USD-SDSU basketball.

I don't know the Mueller family, but I suppose if I was introduced to them at a party, or some social event, I would probably end up liking them.

This USD stuff has wasted too much of my time, it truly is time to move on.

I have no regrets about Argus and am not about to appeal my banishment. I too like to lurk and that is still possible at the Argus forums, whereas at SiouxSports.com you cant even do that.

Comment

I also wondered about the banishment. I suspect politics played a big role, if you catch my drift lefty.

As for Mueller, its an insult to Raymond Felton to even be mentioned in the same headline has Mueller. Felton is competing in the highest division, against the best competition and excelling having capped his senior season with a National Championship. Mueller's team has never made it past a regional final. DUHHHHH!!
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I just find it ironic that a thread that is anti-Mueller is taken off the Argus board completely and leads to the banishment of SDSUFAN, but about 10 toxic threads about Joe Krabbenhoft, "coaches that suck", "players that suck", etc. pop up on the High School BBall thread every ten minutes and they let them go? Gotta wonder who was turning the screws to the Argus to get rid of the Mueller thread.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

After listening to the Craig and Mike show today, I can not help but comment on Joe Krabbenhoft. I have never watched him play but if the Badger coach came here to offer a letter of intent, he has to have talent. So as far as I can tell he is much more than the "average Joe".

One caller today to the Craig and Mike show commented on the Argus threads about Joe and apparently some one posted a comment about his dad buying Joe's way into Wisconsin. That I found funny and so did Craig and Mike. They devoted a few minutes to this discussion. ;D

I wish Krabbenhoft was going to be a Jack, and there is not much chance of that now. Forty years ago Tom Black and Nick Brod were at Wisconsin and transferred to SDSU. Bingo they both were key players in the 1963 national championship.

I would have no problem in Joe transferring if things dont work out at Madison. Not likely though.

Comment

Working...
                    X